photo 3 (1).JPG
photo 3 (2).JPG
photo 2 (2).JPG
photo 1 (2).JPG
photo 1 (1).JPG
photo 2 (1).JPG
#1 9 years ago

Hi,

Here's my Super Mario Brothers Mushroom World pin for sale. Hoping to get $1500, includes lot of NOS replacement parts and card stock & new translite. Buyer pays for shipping. I'm happy to help prep for pickup.

It currently doesn't work and I don't have time to give it sweet lovin'
Here's the good:
a) it is an adjustable height pinball machine. legs can bolt up higher so little kids can play.
b) it has a ticket drawer/dispenser (and actually has tickets in it).
c) i put in a new translite.
d) i have a bunch of replacement NOS plastics, stickers/etc, and rule cards/etc. (see pix). One of the NOS plastic ramps is a subway that goes below the playfield. Need more.

Here's the bad:
a) doesn't currently work. electrical?
b) there's a dark spot on top-right playfield area where the ball drops from wireform. Was there when I got it, but hadn't had time to repair.
c) one of the flippers is a different color (not original) - see pix. That was there before i got it. Need locks.

Please let me know if I can provide more info or pix. I'll post answers/etc... here.
Hate to let this go, as it fits my collection really well, but I just don't have time to fix her up
If I can't sell it here, guess last resort will be to stick it on epay and we can watch the madness there.

cheers

photo 4 (1).JPGphoto 4 (1).JPG
photo 2 (1).JPGphoto 2 (1).JPG
photo 1 (1).JPGphoto 1 (1).JPG
photo 1 (2).JPGphoto 1 (2).JPG
photo 2 (2).JPGphoto 2 (2).JPG
photo 3 (2).JPGphoto 3 (2).JPG
photo 3 (1).JPGphoto 3 (1).JPG
photo 5.JPGphoto 5.JPG

#2 9 years ago

For the record, pretty much every SMBMW ever made has wear like that in the pops. It's just a fact of life with this game.

#3 9 years ago

I will buy this $1500 pm me. Thanks.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from goldiewag:

I will buy this $1500 pm me. Thanks.

hi,

sending pm

#5 9 years ago

I have a full sized SMB that has bad wear in the pops as well. Must be genetic!

Grats on the sale!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

hi,
sending pm

Replied!

1 week later
#7 9 years ago

Game just got wrapped and picked up.
On the way.
I put balls, backbox bolts, extra parts in lower cabinet.
I put a few wrapped NOS plastics and apron cards on playfield.
I put a new translite taped behind old translite.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 9 years ago

Thanks again Labnip! You're a stand-up guy!

I'm excited and can't wait for it arrive!!

#9 9 years ago

I'm excited for you
If you're plan is to fix it up, I hope you all the best of luck on it and can't wait to see pics of it up and running. I got it hoping to fix, bought many parts for it, but just ran out of time to spend on it. Maybe you can bring it back to life.

#10 9 years ago

I never knew they only made 500 of these. I know where one is and now I want to grab it. It's on location I could almost get out the door with it.

#11 9 years ago

it's really cute and fits in a small space well.
because it's shorter than the average bear, there's a lot of "extra" harness length in the lower cabinet. think they could have done a better job adjusting wires for the shorter length of this cabinet.

#12 9 years ago

I heard it's just as heavy if not heavier than a full sized pin.
Is that true?

#13 9 years ago

i carried it downstairs this morning. oy-vey.
It feels just a hair lighter (less wood). has all the same stuff in it + an industrial strength ticket dispenser metal case.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Is that true?

It's a beast. Gottliebs are heavier than regular machines though because they are built by far the best.

SMBMW is probably heavier than an average DE / B / W title, but a regular Gottlieb is heavier than all of them.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I have a full sized SMB that has bad wear in the pops as well. Must be genetic!
Grats on the sale!

System 3s had a lacquer clear coat, and they were sitting next to B/W that had diamond plate clear coat. Guess which ones were cleaned more frequently?

Is that true?

System 3s have always felt heavier to me!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

It's a beast. Gottliebs are heavier than regular machines though because they are built by far the best.

I did not know that.
I own a Bally, Data East, and 2 Williams so I have no exp with a Gottiebs
Kind of makes me want to get one lol

#17 9 years ago

i've got a STTNG and a Black Hole. Both weigh approximately infinity pounds.

#18 9 years ago

SMMW is obeast

#19 9 years ago

Haunted House is a ton as well. Heaviest thing I've had. 3 playfields in 1.

#20 9 years ago

I did not know that.
I own a Bally, Data East, and 2 Williams so I have no exp with a Gottiebs
Kind of makes me want to get one lol

I own like three or four. They are all heavier, the parts are all printed on the bottom of the playfield so you know exactly what goes where, and they never break.

They also never really earned on location, thus why they are generally considered the least. But, from ops that I knew back in the day and some experience myself, the rule (with DMDs) was...

- DE earned the best at the beginning, but was bad at breaking down.
- B/W earned fine, needed a bunch of tweaking out of the box to get them working right, but once they got dialed in after a few months they would keep solid earnings for a long time.
- Gottliebs never broke down, but they earned far less than a B/W equivalent, so ops generally didn't use them much.

One of the local ops once told me that Gottliebs are for the far out, low earning locations, DE machines are for the highest earning multi-machine locations (since they would be going out there anyway), and B/W was for everything else.

1 week later
#21 9 years ago

Great seller ALERT....LABNIP!!!

I received Mushroom World today and it looks great. Can't wait to get it up and running!

Thanks again Labnip!

#22 9 years ago

i think this is what it feels like to give your kid up for adoption

have fun with it. hope you're able to bring it back to life.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-mushroom-world-4-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.