By CharlesEmmanuel

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hello everyone
First of all thanks for help !!!!!
Finishing the restoration of a mario brow pinball ( blue one ) here’s the last bug.
When multiball is lit and ball in the hole, a second ball arrives in the launch and nothing happens for minutes.
Game after one minute waiting doesn’t launch solenoids or pop up kickers for a ball searching.
You have to shut off the pinball or press credit for a new game and the balls are kicked out.
Also while playing flipper could stop working thinking a ball is lost ... and after that for the next ball, 2 balls arrive in the launch kicker and for the third ball too.
I’ve check cpu ( another one)
Check all the switch via switch test ( all working fine at each test )
Resoldered coils and solenoid test is fine.
Contact spray in micro switch and already check the space between contact in each of them.
Check all the micro switches they all work fine.
The only thing I saw is a lamp not working on a lamp board ... it could generates faults via lamp matrix ...?
And clue or idea ? Thanks a lot for help
Charlie

#2 5 years ago

You sure the shooter lane switch is working? And the trough switches? The symptoms you describe sound very much like either of those switches could be bad.

#3 5 years ago

Correct number of balls in the machine?
I picked up a Gladiators once that had "issues".
The issue was the owner only had 3 balls, not 4 in the machine.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks for answers
Great idea for the number of balls but it’s a 3 ball game and the number was correct.
For the trough and shooter lane switch they work... while testing each time I press it they all work correctly and nothing is stuck or bend in a hole or under apron.
I’m gonna try tomorrow to install new micro switches, hope it will resolve the issue.
Therefore I read that on system 3 lamp and switch matrix are on the same circuit.
This is the only idea I have, checking all lamps circuit and wire for a misfonction that could explain it.
If you have another idea ...?
Thanks

#5 5 years ago

New driver board and still the same problem
When a multiball is launching nothing happens ... coils for ball eject stop working and the game wait for balls ...
No clue or tips

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-multiball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.