• Latest reply 1 year ago by PapaKilo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SMB Switch (resized).png

#1 6 years ago

Hey everyone, lurker here for a while, was finally able to secure my first pin, Super Mario Bros. I've been slowly working my way through issues, and I just have one more that I can't figure out. It's very specific too, which makes me think that it's something on a PCB somehwere.

In a nutshell, if I activate a castle by Spelling S-U-P-E-R, but at the same time activate multiball, the ball in the left upkicker just stays in the hole, while another ball is shot onto the playfield. Playing with the other ball seems to work fine, but shooting into the castle, or draining the ball does nothing. It just continues to sit with "Multi-Ball" Displayed on the DMD, and the ball stuck in the left upkicker.

1. Light the Multi-ball light by activating 1-2-3-4
2. Spell S-U-P-E
3. Shoot the ball into the left upkicker to finish spelling S-U-P-E-R

Regular multiball works okay, it's only when you do it the specific way I mentioned above. Is this a known bug? Or is this something broken on my game specifically? Not sure where to start looking. Any help would be appreciated!

#2 6 years ago

Not sure if it's resolved or not, but it's working again. I fixed an issue with the light box illumination coil not turning the light box off. I also replaced some playfield light diodes, and cleaned the left upkicker assembly.

It didn't work immediately after all of that, but later. I'm confused, but happy it's working.

We shall see.

1 month later
#3 6 years ago

Have the same issue here.Do you know how to resolve it?
Thanks

1 week later
#4 6 years ago

Fairly certain it's an issue with the ball shooter solenoid not firing. Try pressing either of the flipper buttons, or the shooter button itself. Mine has seemed to resolve itself, but has happened once or twice since.

4 years later
#5 1 year ago

Sorry to bump such an old thread but I had this exact some problem. Replacing the "Outhole" switch fixed the issue. The game seemed to work fine at all other times which is probably why this exact issue was brought up in a few different forum posts. Anyway, figured I'd share my finding for whoever else stumbles across this issue. Screenshot of the manual for the switch location and part # as well as the Marco link to the part.

Ordered a new switch from Marco. Part # 26927

link: https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=26927

SMB Switch (resized).pngSMB Switch (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-multi-ball-glitch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.