(Topic ID: 261350)

Super Mario Bros., is getting 777 on slots really possible?

By Rudy99

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Just wondering if anyone's ever actually gotten or seen 777 on the slots in Super Mario Bros? It supposedly adds 200,000,000 points which is utterly absurd (it can be disabled when the table is set to tournament mode to where slots always award 1 million), I'm just wondering if anyone's ever actually seen this happen before? From playing the game on visual pinball, from playing it as a kid and from watching youtube vids I've seen two 7's but never a third for 777.

#2 4 years ago

I've owned the game for two years and saw it happen exactly once. The game was being played by a 5 year old, and he got it to happen which catapulted him into the top scores on the machine!

#3 4 years ago

I used to play the living heck out it and same here I only saw happen only one time and the guy who was playing it was just goofing around monkey flips ect.
It’s like the odds of hitting the mega or powerball jackpot

#4 4 years ago

Ah, thanks for the replies, I've always wondered if Lucky 7's was legitimately possible or if Gottllieb coded the rom so that if the first two slots were 77 that the 3rd slot would automatically be anything other than a 7 and the reward was actually just something for people to get excited about though not actually possible. Sounds like the chances of getting it are maybe 1 out of 10,000, only the programmer actually knows how often a 7 slot will appear.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Rudy99:

Ah, thanks for the replies, I've always wondered if Lucky 7's was legitimately possible or if Gottllieb coded the rom so that if the first two slots were 77 that the 3rd slot would automatically be anything other than a 7 and the reward was actually just something for people to get excited about though not actually possible. Sounds like the chances of getting it are maybe 1 out of 10,000, only the programmer actually knows how often a 7 slot will appear.

Ha! It’s more like 1 out of a million It’s really weird man if your playing the game to get 3 sevens it will never happen but then someone who’s playing it and not even paying attention will strike it... haha!!

2 months later
#6 3 years ago

I've only seen it once as well! I'm trying to get it on video.

#7 3 years ago

I sat in my basement today for over 4 hours and got 777 on video. I'm going to upload it to YouTube tomorrow.

#8 3 years ago

Here's the link to the 777 YouTube video + Fail montage.

#9 3 years ago

Yes - it is most definitely possible. I’ve seen it four or five times.

1 week later
#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Corey_Fleming:

Here's the link to the 777 YouTube video + Fail montage.

Wow! That's the first time I've ever seen it happen, even from playing it on Visual Pinball a ton of times I never got it to happen. Great job @SuperMario9405, I wonder what the actual odds are of it happening, I've looked through the official game manual and couldn't find anything about odds but it must be 1 in a 1000 at least.

Imagine playing this game in a tournament, having a huge score with someone down by 180,000 or so on their last ball and they got that. I'd probably throw a brick at the backglass lol

On a sidenote: setting Castle Special award to extra ball and setting Quickshot value to Hard in the custom game settings really transforms this table and makes it a great one to play casually, or set the game mode to Tournament so the game isn't broken for competitive play. A really fun and criminally underrated table imo, i think largely because people only think of the game based on it's default arcade settings.

4 months later
#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Rudy99:

Just wondering if anyone's ever actually gotten or seen 777 on the slots in Super Mario Bros? It supposedly adds 200,000,000 points which is utterly absurd (it can be disabled when the table is set to tournament mode to where slots always award 1 million), I'm just wondering if anyone's ever actually seen this happen before? From playing the game on visual pinball, from playing it as a kid and from watching youtube vids I've seen two 7's but never a third for 777.

I've had my SMB for 8 years and it's only happened 3 times.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-is-getting-777-on-slots-realy-possible?hl=shootthepyramid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.