Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
20150531170709522.jpg
image.jpeg
#1 8 years ago

I just acquired an SMB pin and it's my first Gottlieb game. I'm trying to figure out how to set it to free play. http://www.pinrepair.com/sys3/

Since it is a system 3 game I read the instructions but couldn't find the Game Control Board A26. I also couldn't find it in the manual on page 64 see screen capture. All I see is 21 which is a bracket that holds the test switch and the volume pot.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#2 8 years ago

The test button is right inside the coin door on the left. You would press that to go into the menus to change options

#3 8 years ago

That board on the left like MeNa mentioned, should have a 'tournament' switch on it. If you turn that on, it should be in Free Play if I remember correctly. Good luck

#4 8 years ago

It does not have a Tournament switch on it, just a volume pot and test switch. I was able to change the settings using the test switch method. This game has a ton of cool settings. I wonder why this game does not have a tournament switch? Anybody know? it looks like in the image above it was never installed.

#5 8 years ago

Here's a photo of the board in my Rescue 911.

20150531170709522.jpg20150531170709522.jpg

#6 8 years ago

Thanks. Yeah mine doesn't have that board. I did get it set to free play using the test switch method.

3 months later
#7 8 years ago

From test mode, go into game adjustments.
Step 38 is for Free Play. If that step is ON, a game can be started with no credits.
My other Gottlieb, Street Fighter 2, had the same board as Forceflow. Not sure why SMB didn't have the same.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-free-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.