Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017-03-17 19.51.56 (resized).jpg
2017-03-17 20.27.13 (resized).jpg
2017-03-17 19.51.27 (resized).jpg
2017-03-17 20.23.22 (resized).jpg
2017-03-17 20.26.43 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KnoxPins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Not that I know a lot now, but when I first got this, the bottom right slingshot didn't work. Now I am trying to get it working.

The capacitor wasn't hooked up on one side of that kicker, I ordered one and replaced it, no dice. Original was a 200v, new is 250V. Does that matter? Is it possible to hook one up backwards?
Any thoughts on this? Fuses are all good.

In addition, my up kicker in the top left of the upper playfield just stopped. I tested across the coil and and got nothing, I assumed it was dead. I replaced it with the correct coil (got a valuable lesson from pinball resource, each phone call is a good lesson), still nothing. Is it possible to hook that up backwards?

I had done some reading as what to do and how to do it, and now I am where I am.

Thoughts? Any help is appreciated.

3 weeks later
#2 7 years ago

I'm giving myself a pity bump because I need some help here.

I replaced the coil and diode on the top upkicker. I actually had it wired backwards. I found a pic of it that I had taken before I took it apart. Luckily, the fuse always blew so it never got a load I don't think. It still tests fine on the DMM. I tested the bottom right upkicker with the DMM and it appears to be fine, but it also appears to be a replacement coil and I'm not so sure it's the right one. The top left and the bottom right both take the same coil, and there is no diode on the bottom right one. I'll probably replace it just to see what happens.

Here's the rub though.....It keeps blowing fuse F26, a one amp. I tested the DC voltage across that fuse connection and it's like 65V DC.
I can't get a reading like that anywhere else across a fuse. This seems odd to me.

Now, hopefully one of you reading this is slapping their head and going "duh" because you know the answer. So, please share it with me. I am reading about repair and understanding in my freetime, which is typically between the hours of 11pm and1 am, which is getting rough.

I'm going to check the same MOSFET next. Both these are on the same fuse, so I'm betting they are connected all the way to the board.

No idea on the dead right sling. That has always been that way. The coil tests fine for resistance. There was no spark arrester on there, I put a new one in and got no results.

Yay learning.

#8 7 years ago

This will help me a great deal. This is what this hobby is supposed to be, helping each other out. I kind of feel a brotherhood and duty to help, and I'm grateful when someone else does that for me. Thanks Spoon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KnoxPins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-dead-slingshot-and-dead-upkicker?tu=KnoxPins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.