IMG_0461 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image3 (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20240128_184021 (resized).jpg
20240128_183956 (resized).jpg
IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winteriscoming.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 9 years ago

I'm in this club as of a few weeks ago. I'm really liking this game. There are a lot of stackable varied modes, a nice raised mini-playfield (a first in my collection), a fun set of ramps, and great overall theme with well-integrated visuals and audio.

One thing I'm having issues with is video mode, though. I've never been able to get passed Bullet Bill. What's the strategy here? I run and jump and before I even make contact with him I'm dead.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Jump late. I hold the run and jump very late. It took me a bit to figure it out.

Am I jumping on the bullet or over it?

#36 9 years ago

What toys are people putting in their games? I see a lot of Furuta options on eBay that seem appropriate.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

I actually make a replacement Warp pipe Tunnel in original yellow or classic Mario pipe green.
Currently I have the green one on my playfield. I have them on Etsy for $15 each plus shipping but for Pinsiders I can do free shipping. Comes with the wire ties too.

Is the pipe secured with regular black zip ties? There are colored zip ties. Do you think they might look better with matching colored ones?

Not sure how long they have to be, but here's some green ones: http://www.amazon.com/Joy-Fish-Heavy-Nylon-Cable/dp/B005OK7R/ref=sr_1_2

Here's some yellow ones: http://www.amazon.com/Inch-Yellow-Intermediate-Nylon-Zip/dp/B004FUWZ5E/ref=sr_1_5

Those look awesome, by the way! I'm in for a set.

#43 9 years ago

Yes they are secured using black zip ties. I actually used yellow zip ties when I had the yellow pipe on. I liked it. I only used black ones because I didn't have any green ones. Plus the original pipe tunnel is held with black zips.

Edited post while you were replying. I don't have a problem with the black ones. I think matching colored ones might look better, though.

#45 9 years ago

10" ones would work best. When I used colored 8" I ended up having to double up.

I'll probably order some green ones for mine.

Were the 10" ones not wide enough? Do they need to be a certain width? Here's some 14" green ones:
http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Cable-inch-50LBS-100pcs/dp/B003KQ3VNE/ref=sr_1_5

2 weeks later
#54 9 years ago

As the newest game in my collection, SMB is currently my go-to game. I am still really liking it! It's probably staying in my collection for the long term. I don't think anything that I've read other people complain about bothers me at all.

I generally play games to complete objectives vs. always trying to do what scores highest. Though, I've read about people saying you only have to hit the left ramp to score big and that's what they hate about this game. Under what conditions is that the case? It doesn't seem to score much for me in comparison with anything else...

I see where starting the bomb mode and hitting the bomb target activates the 25million light in the top VUK, but other than that, what about the ramp helps in scoring high? Even activating that light isn't something that's guaranteed from the beginning. You might have to activate a few modes to get to that mode, and then you have to hit the bomb target within the time limit (if you can get control of the ball from bouncing between slingshots and holes), and then the light is only active for that turn, so you have to be what I'd consider pretty skilled to keep getting the ball into that hole indefinitely. Maybe I just suck, but getting to that point doesn't exactly seem easy and not easy enough that I'd call the game a one trick pony.

#55 9 years ago

I was thinking a fun mod for this game would be replacing those 3 plastic signs that just have text on them with some character artwork and maybe having the characters say the text in a word bubble.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The way to monster points is to light SUPER, get multiball, and pick the Exlimation Round mode all at once. The timer stops every time you put a ball in a kicker, but keeps track of all "!" hits while the timer is stopped. With a multiball going you can make that 30 second mode timer go for a rather long time.

That, too, seems like it would take a bit of skill and time to get it activated. It's definitely not a given, right? There's a chance you won't get exclamation round as a choice for a few tries, right? That means you have to queue up multiball, collect super up to SUPE, and then complete super, activate multiball and start a round all in the lower left kickout every time, right? That's not exactly easy.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

What are you considering big points to be

I consider big points to be whatever everyone considers them to be when they say the left ramp is the only shot in this game. What are they talking about?

Again, I'm not a great player. I think my best game so far has been about 120M and I think that included at least one extra ball and activating the upper 20m and hitting it a few times.

Quoted from desertT1:

with some 20m in there on the stinkers

Ha, that might be my average! A stinker for me is under 5M and it happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winteriscoming.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-club-lets-see-some-pics?tu=winteriscoming and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.