IMG_0461 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image3 (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20240128_184021 (resized).jpg
20240128_183956 (resized).jpg
IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider speederice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 7 years ago

Having some trouble with the ball release of my SMB. Every other game or so, it releases 2 balls for Ball 2, and then auto-fires them off. Has anyone had this happen before with their games and have any tips on a fix?
Then if I let the "extra" ball drain immediately, it will release another ball, like a ball save - which this game doesn't have.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Check the switches in the ball through. Take the apron off and use a ball to see if its activating each switch. Also make sure there isn't and divots in the through that the balls could get stuck in. If there is file them out to be even with the rest of the through. If everything looks good play a few games with the glass and apron off and notice how the balls are doing when they drain. If they're not draining to the shooter and getting stuck in the through do some adjusting.

Thank you so much for the reply!!! I took the apron off and found that after a ball drains, the kicker is kicking that ball into the next ball in the trough so hard, it falls back down the trough...only to be kicked back into the ball again, which starts the reaction where the mechanism releases the second ball. Is there any way to dial back the speed at which the kicker hits the balls down the trough to slow the ball down?

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Is your trough gate missing? The balls should go through the gate but not be able to go back up it.

I think it's still there. There is a little metal wire piece that is bent across the trough between the kicker and the resting balls. When I took the apron off, I saw it looked like the previous owner had tried to strengthen that piece with electrical tape on the side. But the tape wasn't attached to anything anymore so I took it off. The drained ball hits the other balls so fast, it just goes back under the gate and falls back down the trough. Maybe my gate isn't bent the correct way?

They don't show the trough in the manual so I'm not sure if this piece is really the trough gate or if it's even installed correctly. I'll crack it open and take some pictures to post as soon as I can. Thanks again for your help!

#142 7 years ago

Just an update. Did a little work on that trough gate, and haven't experienced any more issues! Now to work on my sound board...The music cuts out after about 3-5 minutes of play, and only intermittent sounds will play after that. I found another forum thread from someone with a similar issue with their SMB so I am going to follow the steps over there and try to get my sweet Mario tunes back!

1 week later
#144 7 years ago

There is a set of Super Mario McDonald's Happy Meal Toys coming to the U.S. soon, which might make decent playfield toys. These are already out in the U.K. Check out Luigi in the yellow pipe!

More info here: http://nintendowire.com/news/2017/04/06/mcdonalds-latest-wave-super-mario-bros-happy-meal-toys-coming-north-america/

McDonalds-NextToys-MarioBros-1024x604 (resized).jpgMcDonalds-NextToys-MarioBros-1024x604 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#147 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Have these so far

I scored the Mario and Luigi. If I find a second one, I'll let you know! Good luck with the search!

Hallmark is also releasing Super Mario ornaments this year (Mario, Yoshi, and Luigi) - probably too big for the playfield, but I just wanted to share: http://www.hallmark.com/search?q=super+mario

Super-Mario-Ornament-root-1595QXI1412_QXI1412_1470_1_jpg_Source_Image (resized).jpgSuper-Mario-Ornament-root-1595QXI1412_QXI1412_1470_1_jpg_Source_Image (resized).jpg

3 months later
#153 6 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

This club needs some action Recently installed a Pin2DMD and ready for some coloring fun!

Looks great! I have to give you old-school gamer props for going with Mario's NES color scheme. Did you add LEDs behind the translite? It really pops!

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

I'm still toyin around with the mario colors...I actually leaning towards the blue suspenders and red shirt...hehe
And yep LEDs throughout the entire machine (except the two under ramp pops, needing to rewire those)

That's understandable! That's the color scheme most people are familiar with and it would match the rest of the art in the game. Maybe just use the red/brown for the video mode sequences? Either way, it looks awesome!

9 months later
#160 5 years ago

I have a chance to meet Charles Martinet (the voice of Mario for decades) this month at a convention. Thinking of bringing my translite for him to sign, but I can't find confirmation that it is actually HIS voice in the game. It sounds an awful lot like him, but I have never seen the pinball machine listed under his credits. Does anyone know?

5 months later
#175 5 years ago

Just wanted to report in that I put my Super Mario out on location about 2 months ago or so, and for a 25 year old machine, it handles the public like a champ. Everyone loves the music and callouts, and it is holding its own against the modern Sterns in our lineup. A few people have said they remember seeing a Super Mario Bros. machine at their local pizza place or roller skating rink, so I am glad to bring it back out so they can relive those memories.

1 month later
#182 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Here’s my Super Mario pin and my single monitor Playchoice out on location. The kids seem to like them both!
[quoted image]

I like that mushroom cap! Mario kills it at our location, and keeps pace with our modern Sterns even at 50 cents a play. My only complaint is we are having trouble getting people to realize where the start button is located. Had to make a sign for the coin door!

Quoted from jonebone:

Anyone in the Mid Atlantic Area considering selling one of these? I'm making the crossover from collecting video games for the last 10 years into Pinball and this would be a perfect 1st machine for me.

Welcome to the hobby Jonebone! I hope you find one too. It was my first pinball machine, and it was a great starter pin, plus the family really enjoyed it. I put it out on location now because I was getting too used to the shots, but I don't think I could ever get rid of it. It's an awesome piece of Nintendo history.

3 weeks later
#187 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

We gotta pressure some contemporary ramp maker to do a run of the plastic apron. They are all cracked! All of them.

Maybe PBR Resource? Where do you usually see the cracks? Now I want to check mine. I was having ball trough issues early on so I was always taking the apron off. I always see a lot of fade in the decals on the apron.

2 years later
#304 2 years ago

My right side gobble hole upkicker switch stopped registering. Does anyone know where to find a replacement? Issue started because I had to take the subway out to remove a blockage (one of the figures I added came loose and got stuck). When I returned the subway to its original spot and realigned the castle opto, the switch at the gobble hole stopped working.

5 months later
#313 2 years ago

Is the preferred pitch on SMB's the standard 6.5 degrees? I ask because mine is around 5.5, and even raising the leg levelers in the back up to the max, I couldn't hit 6.5 per my leveling app. I suspect the wrong leg levelers were installed at some point. Also, the upkicker in the upper playfield is having trouble getting the ball into the wireform, probably because the pitch is too flat.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider speederice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-club-lets-see-some-pics?tu=speederice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.