IMG_0461 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image3 (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20240128_184021 (resized).jpg
20240128_183956 (resized).jpg
IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider orlandu81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#215 3 years ago

Shout out to ScottyC for his warp pipe flash covers! I made my own and not only does it help not blind me from the flashers, it looks bad-ass and is authentic PVC piping!

I used 1 1/4 inch PVC pipe with a coupler just like he did and I customized the heights for each location...but overall I cut 1.25 inch pieces of the PVC and 0.75 inch pieces of the coupler. The notches were key...the pipes just sit on there nicely with no permanent modification to anything.

image0 (1).jpegimage0 (1).jpeg
#220 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Ok, I've finally been inspired to finally make myself some flasher covers... My question: do I keep the taper or cut it off when I cut to size?
I'm thinking cut out off as that seems more consistent with the video game art.
[quoted image]

I vote cut it off. I don't recall any Super Mario games where the pipe is tapered like that. His big butt wouldn't fit otherwise.

#221 3 years ago

I’m excited to be part of this group now for the 2nd time, just grabbed a mushroom world to go with the full size SMB. Hope everyone stays safe and has a fun gaming weekend!

E87952AF-A2B4-4662-AB4F-8469DE77939E.jpegE87952AF-A2B4-4662-AB4F-8469DE77939E.jpeg
2 weeks later
#224 3 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

so like a dummy I lifted my playfield and the balls fell out. I finished cleaning, lowered the playfield and dropped the balls in. The soleniod that kicks the ball up isn't working. I checked for loose wires. I pulled the apron and dropped the balls behind the wire ready to go but the ball won't kick into the trough after hitting the button. Any ideas where to start?
Thanks in advance

I have this problem but it is intermittent (probably 1 out of every 30 or 40). When it does happen, it is on ball 1 for me. I realize this does not help you, but figured I would throw it out there and I'm interested in what solution works for you.

Mine was happening at a much higher rate and I changed out the fuse and the issue happens far less frequently now.

4 weeks later
#234 3 years ago

Great news for owners of Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World

My cannon scoops above the flippers were in rough shape from decades of use and through some measuring and back and forth on sizing, Cliffy was able to make his signature protectors. They came out great! I have attached some pictures below, and to see more (including scoop prep) you can check the pics out here: https://imgur.com/a/RZimwBr

Make sure you grab a set of these from Cliff to protect your playfield area around the cannon scoops as they take quite a beating.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm

3 - OwG4K4e.jpg3 - OwG4K4e.jpg2 - n9lapS5.jpg2 - n9lapS5.jpg1 - XWDmVRH.jpg1 - XWDmVRH.jpg
#237 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

after orlandu81 's post I wanted to chime in w/ my cliffy pics. it was a night & day difference. my 2 lower holes were really beat up & the cliffy's hid all the damage.
[quoted image][quoted image]

On your full sized cab, your scoops don't look that bad but I still recommend that if you plan on using Cliffy's on your worn scoops on either Super Mario Bros. table, that you first repair the scoops with Quikwood or an equivalent wood repair substance. This will enable a completely smooth and intact surface in which to adhere your Cliffys. When I first did my full size SMB, I didn't repair the holes first and over time the Cliffy's started to bend upwards. Once I subsequently repaired the scoop, the Cliffy was reinstalled and there were no issues. These scoops are MASSIVE in size and are prone to issues as a result.

4 months later
#252 3 years ago

Any SMB Mushroom World owners know if the DL-1275 Deltronic ticket dispenser will work as a replacement for the stock DL-4-SS Deltronic ticket dispenser that came with the machine? My dispenser has never worked (despite the previous owner saying it did), and I am wanting to replace it. My connector from the backboard doesn't match the DL-1275, but I can repin it if it will work.

The original unit was a "pulse" unit, I know that for sure. Suzo Happ has this on its site in the description of the DL-1275 "DL-4-P-S and DL-4-S-S has been combined into one unit". While I wouldn't buy it new, there are plenty of used ones available for a decent price. I just don't want to pull the trigger on an item that won't work.

Thoughts?

1 week later
#256 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Do you know if it's the control board or motor on yours that doesn't work? If it's the motor you could swap the board from yours to a DL-1275. The motor is 12v so it should be easy to test.

I went this route, no changing of molexes. Turns out it was the motor. Works great now, it's a much better game in ticket mode.

IMG_3440 (resized).jpgIMG_3440 (resized).jpg
6 months later
#288 2 years ago
Quoted from Sean:

Would someone mind posting their flipper brackets/pawls? It looks like mine were installed upside down. Also, when searching out the correct part # from the manual for rebuilds, it looks like they are sold out. Are the ones that ARE available confirmed compatible?
Thanks!

I just rebuilt my flippers last week. It was easy, the kit was complete (less coils). PBR has all of the Gottlieb ones. Below is a link to the one for SMMW, but I think the SMB one is the same.

http://www.pbresource.com/rebuildkit.html#KT-GFLIP04

1 week later
#292 2 years ago
Quoted from Sean:

Did you have a hard time getting the flipper posts out and subsequently back into the assembly arm?

Nope, was extremely easy.

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

Is this stil valid?
I'm finally an owner of this game too and looking for some mods [quoted image]

Your machine looks really really clean, I wouldn't mod it up too much. Color display, inner wall decals...looks great already.

By the way, my family and I love Utrecht, I used to go there for work. Such a fun city, even with kids. The train museum was awesome!

#301 2 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

Thanks all.
Yes, this is a really great looking and playing machine, previous owner did a great job restoring the game to its best!
I'm looking for nice apron cards (in English), can anybody share theirs or have a link to find some?

http://www.pbresource.com/playfields/gtb-cs733ef.jpg

1 year later
#381 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks again. And sorry to clutter up this thread with my inanity.

When I first got mine (before I sold it recently) I grabbed a manual and just went through each menu and adjusted everything. The Gottlieb menus are not the most user friendly as you see, but the manual is pretty good. If you don't have one, I suggest grabbing a beat up paper copy to keep inside the coin door. I used mine regularly when fixing my machine up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider orlandu81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-club-lets-see-some-pics?tu=orlandu81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.