IMG_0461 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image3 (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20240128_184021 (resized).jpg
20240128_183956 (resized).jpg
IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 9 years ago

So I want to add some figures to my SMB....was wondering what people had for their playfield and if anyone did LED bulbs and how that looks

#2 9 years ago

damn...no one wants to join the SMB club

#3 9 years ago

I have a super Mario bros pin but cant play it as its in pieces. Hoping to find a playfield in better shape so if anyone has one hit me up please.

#4 9 years ago

PBR had one years ago....not sure if they still do (probably not but worth a look)

#5 9 years ago

I've got this game. needs a little love since there are two bulbs that no longer light up. One is one of the coins for an extra ball. The other is the feather, which is a pretty crummy one to not be able to see. New bulbs don't do anything, so it's time to get the soldering iron out.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I've got this game. needs a little love since there are two bulbs that no longer light up. One is one of the coins for an extra ball. The other is the feather, which is a pretty crummy one to not be able to see. New bulbs don't do anything, so it's time to get the soldering iron out.

Diodes on those lamp boards go bad, happened to me Easy fix!

#7 9 years ago

Ok, so I sold my SMB a while back but can't hurt to repost photos.

545729_4649705798054_227095743_n[1].jpg545729_4649705798054_227095743_n[1].jpg 383422_4765544413947_994316772_n[1].jpg383422_4765544413947_994316772_n[1].jpg
#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Diodes on those lamp boards go bad, happened to me Easy fix!

That is the feedback I have recieved from another member. Good to have the confirmation, now to find the time...

#9 9 years ago

That is mine when I was setting up:

285447-i.jpeg285447-i.jpeg

and these mods (with neon lights) are not mine but I think are really cool:

DSCN2416_zps8f549beb.jpgDSCN2416_zps8f549beb.jpg
from http://petacos.forumcommunity.net/?t=54419892

#10 9 years ago

i will join the mario club " I'm a SUPER now " bit of hard work - playfield is in good nick but the cabinet out shines it
IMG_4175.JPGIMG_4175.JPG5.JPG5.JPG4.jpg4.jpg2.JPG2.JPG1.JPG1.JPG

#11 9 years ago

Your Luigi has the cap on his head at the artwork of the coin door. Is it a stick or redrawn? Mine has the cap on his hand. Maybe you have reprinted the machine artwork with new vinyls?

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from skygualker:

Your Luigi has the cap on his head at the artwork of the coin door. Is it a stick or redrawn? Mine has the cap on his hand. Maybe you have reprinted the machine artwork with new vinyls?

good eye ! - correct on the new vinyls - I stripped, painted & re-wrapped the cabinet and head box sides - a freind made the decals up from scratch with the closest artwork I could find or re-make.

Mario Decals.JPGMario Decals.JPG

#13 9 years ago

It seemed strange to me to have various artworks ... but ... who know!.
I suppose to be a big effort working from scracth but the result is excellent!!

I am sending a private post asking about.

#14 9 years ago

The music on my Super Mario cuts out after a minute or two of gameplay...anyone know what could be causing this?

#15 9 years ago

Let me start it this afternoon And i will tell you. I remember a behaviour Like you say.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from iDD:

correct on the new vinyls - I stripped, painted & re-wrapped the cabinet and head box sides - a freind made the decals up from scratch

Wow, that cab looks good!

#17 9 years ago

Heres one I saved and sold few months ago .it was my first machine and kinda regret selling it now it had a very nice playfield but the cab was rough ..

20140228_195114.jpg20140228_195114.jpg20140312_005123.jpg20140312_005123.jpg

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

The music on my Super Mario cuts out after a minute or two of gameplay...anyone know what could be causing this?

Mine does not make the same thing. It cuts out after finish the play. I suppose you can configure something about.

#19 9 years ago

Has anyone ever had the castle trigger the opto in the right ramp like crazy when you make SUPER? That's the other issue I'm having right now and it basically makes the scores invalid. You make SUPER, the castle starts to spin with its light show and then you get a non-stop whooshing sound from that opto getting triggered.

Blocking that light from getting to the opto area on the ramp would likely be the easiest fix, but that's something I shouldn't have to do if things are working as they should be.

4 months later
#20 9 years ago

I'm in this club as of a few weeks ago. I'm really liking this game. There are a lot of stackable varied modes, a nice raised mini-playfield (a first in my collection), a fun set of ramps, and great overall theme with well-integrated visuals and audio.

One thing I'm having issues with is video mode, though. I've never been able to get passed Bullet Bill. What's the strategy here? I run and jump and before I even make contact with him I'm dead.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I'm in this club as of a few weeks ago. I'm really liking this game. There are a lot of stackable varied modes, a nice raised mini-playfield (a first in my collection), a fun set of ramps, and great overall theme with well-integrated visuals and audio.
One thing I'm having issues with is video mode, though. I've never been able to get passed Bullet Bill. What's the strategy here? I run and jump and before I even make contact with him I'm dead.

Jump late. I hold the run and jump very late. It took me a bit to figure it out.

Light the fuse in the bomb round and continuously hit the top vuk for 20 million each time. The game is super easy to score big but the mini games save it. Overall I'm a fan for sure. I'm gonna completely go through mine this summer (school teacher have more summer projects than winter ones lol).

#22 9 years ago

I would like to buy one. Please let me know if you would like to sell. Thank you

#23 9 years ago

I'm also looking for one. Buffalo, NY area.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Jump late. I hold the run and jump very late. It took me a bit to figure it out.

Am I jumping on the bullet or over it?

#25 9 years ago

Am I jumping on the bullet or over it?

You are jumping over the bullet.

I used to die at that bullet everytime until my subway ramp broke. I am going to buy a new one when I go through the game this summer but I wanted to fix it to play for now. Anyways in testing the ramp I lit that video mode a bunch and finally figured it out. Actually made the game much more enjoyable that running and dying at the first bullet. Lol. Good luck.

#26 9 years ago

I'm not in, but helped a friend buy one for her son for Xmas. Cleaned it up and put LEDs in. Surpringly fun and challenging game.

When I got it, most of the lights in the back box didn't work, fixed it by adding a little solder to the ends of the bulbs. Also Couldn't get a couple of sockets to consistently work on the playfield, mainly a few with the tiny boards on them. Not sure what the issue is, dont know much about Gotlieb games.

https://picasaweb.google.com/116763247779177827942/Smb

image-771.jpgimage-771.jpg image-424.jpgimage-424.jpg image-197.jpgimage-197.jpg
#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Also Couldn't get a couple of sockets to consistently work on the playfield, mainly a few with the tiny boards on them. Not sure what the issue is, dont know much about Gotlieb games.

Bad Diodes?

#28 9 years ago

could be. If the diodes were bad, wouldn't they not work at all?

#29 9 years ago

SMB needs a ColorDMD.... I am waiting for them to release a Gottlieb compatible one with the SMB color package

#30 9 years ago

Always wanted one of these. When I hopped back in had the option but passed thinking they were asking too much. Hopefully will snag one eventually.

#31 9 years ago

yes !!

giant SMB fan here. amazing game.
have SMB.
had SMBMW, but sold it recently.

#32 9 years ago

SMB-1.jpgSMB-1.jpgSMB-2.jpgSMB-2.jpgSMB-3.jpgSMB-3.jpgSMB-4.jpgSMB-4.jpgSMB-5.jpgSMB-5.jpg

#33 9 years ago

SMBMW
smb-mush-world.jpgsmb-mush-world.jpg

#34 9 years ago

advertisement

smb-ad-1.jpegsmb-ad-1.jpeg

#35 9 years ago

bb-arcade1on.jpgbb-arcade1on.jpgbb-arcade2on(768).jpgbb-arcade2on(768).jpg

#36 9 years ago

What toys are people putting in their games? I see a lot of Furuta options on eBay that seem appropriate.

#37 9 years ago

What toys are people putting in their games? I see a lot of Furuta options on eBay that seem appropriate.

I'd be curious as well...while I am not a big fan of putting extra toys on games, SMB seems to be a good fit for them

#38 9 years ago

Is there a trick to prevent the ball from hanging on the left inlane on the lip of mylar? Mine catches way too often. Flipper up, ball kicked out of right hole, snag.

Also, what angles are your flippers (pics...) because there isn't an alignment aid and there doesn't seem to be a consensus. On mine, the back side rubber on the flipper is in line with the metal bar right under the flipper. They look droopy, but make the outholes much more reliable to shoot at.

#39 9 years ago

I actually make a replacement Warp pipe Tunnel in original yellow or classic Mario pipe green.
Currently I have the green one on my playfield. I have them on Etsy for $16 each plus shipping but for Pinsiders I can do free shipping in the US. Comes with the wire ties too.
IMG_1778.JPGIMG_1778.JPG
IMG_1798.JPGIMG_1798.JPG

I also make Warp pipe Flasher cap/covers. I've only made them in classic green so far but I could make them in yellow too if someone wanted to match their tunnel. I have them for $6 per cover plus shipping on Etsy but like the tunnel I could take off the shipping for US Pinsiders.
IMG_1782.JPGIMG_1782.JPGIMG_1781.JPGIMG_1781.JPGIMG_1795.JPGIMG_1795.JPG

The warp pipe caps need no tools for installation. Just put them over the flasher domes and you're good to go. PM me if you're interested

#40 9 years ago

Those tunnels for the flashers are great! The flashers are crazy bright and that might reduce the blinding effect they can have. I don't even have LEDs, the regular goofy Gottlieb (#67?) bulbs are just really bright.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

I actually make a replacement Warp pipe Tunnel in original yellow or classic Mario pipe green.
Currently I have the green one on my playfield. I have them on Etsy for $15 each plus shipping but for Pinsiders I can do free shipping. Comes with the wire ties too.

Is the pipe secured with regular black zip ties? There are colored zip ties. Do you think they might look better with matching colored ones?

Not sure how long they have to be, but here's some green ones: http://www.amazon.com/Joy-Fish-Heavy-Nylon-Cable/dp/B005OK7R/ref=sr_1_2

Here's some yellow ones: http://www.amazon.com/Inch-Yellow-Intermediate-Nylon-Zip/dp/B004FUWZ5E/ref=sr_1_5

Those look awesome, by the way! I'm in for a set.

#42 9 years ago

Is the pipe secured with regular black zip ties? There are colored zip ties. Do you think they might look better with matching colored ones?
Those look awesome, by the way!

Thank you guys.

Yes they are secured using black zip ties. I actually used yellow zip ties when I had the yellow pipe on. I liked it. I only used black ones because I didn't have any green ones. Plus the original pipe tunnel is held with black zips.

Quoted from desertT1:

Those tunnels for the flashers are great! The flashers are crazy bright and that might reduce the blinding effect they can have. I don't even have LEDs, the regular goofy Gottlieb (#67?) bulbs are just really bright.

That was the original idea, to reduce the blind factor a bit. I'm happy with them, especially during the Star round lol. In the pic where they are lite those are cyan colored LED bulbs from Comet. I don't want people thinking that the pipe is making that color.

#43 9 years ago

Yes they are secured using black zip ties. I actually used yellow zip ties when I had the yellow pipe on. I liked it. I only used black ones because I didn't have any green ones. Plus the original pipe tunnel is held with black zips.

Edited post while you were replying. I don't have a problem with the black ones. I think matching colored ones might look better, though.

#44 9 years ago

10" ones would work best. When I used colored 8" I ended up having to double up.

#45 9 years ago

10" ones would work best. When I used colored 8" I ended up having to double up.

I'll probably order some green ones for mine.

Were the 10" ones not wide enough? Do they need to be a certain width? Here's some 14" green ones:
http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Cable-inch-50LBS-100pcs/dp/B003KQ3VNE/ref=sr_1_5

#46 9 years ago

It's really just the length you need. The width shouldn't matter. Those 14" ones will work great, Just need to cut off the extra and you just need to make sure that the part that connects the ties is all the way on the bottom and to the outer side. If it's directly under the tunnel the ball could get stuck on the ramp underneath it and if its anywhere else its just an eye sore lol.

#47 9 years ago

Currently I have the green one on my playfield. I have them on Etsy for $15 each plus shipping but for Pinsiders I can do free shipping in the US. Comes with the wire ties too.

I also make Warp pipe Flasher cap/covers. I've only made them in classic green so far but I could make them in yellow too if someone wanted to match their tunnel. I have them for $5 per cover plus shipping on Etsy but like the tunnel I could take off the shipping for US Pinsiders.

The warp pipe caps need no tools for installation. Just put them over the flasher domes and you're good to go. PM me if you're interested

Hi,
I am very interested but I live in Spain What about shipping to EU? Do you think it would be very expensive?

Kind regards

#48 9 years ago

I may need to take you up on the replacement pipe...I like the green way better than the standard yellow

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from skygualker:

Hi,
I am very interested but I live in Spain What about shipping to EU? Do you think it would be very expensive?
Kind regards

I'm sending some out on Monday. Let me ask how much it will be and ill take a little off since I'm giving free shipping for US Pinsiders.I'll PM you.

Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I may need to take you up on the replacement pipe...I like the green way better than the standard yellow

Whenever you're ready. I just made a bunch tonight. I just need to paint them.

#50 9 years ago

I'm sending some out on Monday. Let me ask how much it will be and ill take a little off since I'm giving free shipping for US Pinsiders.I'll PM you.

Sure, I will keep waiting for your feedback. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 17.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-club-lets-see-some-pics?hl=mutt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.