IMG_0461 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image3 (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20240128_184021 (resized).jpg
20240128_183956 (resized).jpg
IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 1 year ago

Working through cabinet touch up while I wait on board parts.

Before and after. Not perfect but blends in a lineup now.

20220911_101859 (resized).jpg20220911_101859 (resized).jpg20220917_164149 (resized).jpg20220917_164149 (resized).jpg
#352 1 year ago

Looks great!

#353 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Help! DMD is dead and I'm trying to get it fixed for the York show. Weird symptoms and my usual troubleshooting isn't helping much.
Got it last week, worked fine, a little dim in one corner of DMD. Got some 3-d printed pipes, installed, and changed bowsers castle and the LEDs under it. Next game I play, I look up and the DMD is dead. Upon investigation the fuse in F4 is blown. Order 10 3/8 amp fuses (they are not cheap) and put in a new fuse. I can turn the game on, then plug in a new fuse and the DMD will come on 1/2 a second and then the fuse blows. I have reseated all connectors and ordered a new (used) DMD as it needs one anyways. I pulled out the solenoid, flashers, GI, and controlled lamps and did the same experiment with plugging in a fuse while on, and it did the same thing with the DMD coming on 1/2 a second and the fuse burning out so I know its not a short from the playfield (somehow).
Any and all troubleshooting steps welcomed. I'm guessing my next step is to take a hard look at board A8 (The upper right DMD controller board). Thanks all!
[quoted image]

Sure enough my D8 is dead on the display board and is likely my problem. One is coming in the kit I ordered so hopefully it will be back up soon.[quoted image]

I fixed mine! It works! I did the board work! It was a diode you can get on Amazon overnight for less than a bigmac. Still have a few extra parts coming via Marcos.

Here is a video on how I diagnosed mine and how I fixed mine.

Thanks all!

#354 1 year ago

Working through cabinet touch up while I wait on board parts.
Before and after. Not perfect but blends in a lineup now.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What kind of paint do you use on the cabinet?

#355 1 year ago

Soon finish with my cabinet Restoration.
The last one i will ever do

IMG_20220911_204228_777.jpgIMG_20220911_204228_777.jpgIMG_20220911_204228_831.jpgIMG_20220911_204228_831.jpgIMG_20220917_220420_201.jpgIMG_20220917_220420_201.jpg
#356 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinScientist:

What kind of paint do you use on the cabinet?

This touchup is a mix of Hobby Store (Micheal's) craft store paint. "Americana" brand. Stuff is .99 to 1.99 for a few ounce bottle. I usually take photos and try to match at the store the best I can but used what I had on hand, so some sort of red, green, blue, yellow, black, grey, and white mixed together. The primary colors are not too far off, but black is "Americana Black Gloss". The blue was the hardest to get, and for me was about 10 parts generic blue, 1 part grey, and 1 part green. Yes there is a tad of green in that blue. The whites in Nintendo are about 10 parts white to 1 part grey mixed on a plate. I generally use wooden toothpicks for "detail" work. If you are new to touching up like this I'd suggest starting with the black as its the easiest to touch up and just use a toothpick to paint and go slow. I probably spent 2 hours touching up the whole cabinet.

Or Lucxor above me did it the right way.

#357 1 year ago

I fixed mine! It works! I did the board work! It was a diode you can get on Amazon overnight for less than a bigmac. Still have a few extra parts coming via Marcos.
Here is a video on how I diagnosed mine and how I fixed mine.
Thanks all!

Great video! Thanks for sharing your issue and repair. It must be the time of year because my Mario dmd died yesterday out of the blue. I haven't had time to take a look at it yet.

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Great video! Thanks for sharing your issue and repair. It must be the time of year because my Mario dmd died yesterday out of the blue. I haven't had time to take a look at it yet.

Check the easy stuff first. Fuse F3 and F4 in the bottom of the cabinet. 3/8 amp fuses. My F3 looked good but was blown when tested with a meter.

#359 1 year ago

Cabinet touched up, LEDs in, dmd fixed, toys on playfield, art blades in, new rubbers, shopped out, kid tested and approved. Seems to be a kid magnet. Another 2 weeks for any last issues to show up then off to the York show for freeplay.

20220922_064708 (resized).jpg20220922_064708 (resized).jpg
#360 1 year ago

Cabinet touched up, LEDs in, dmd fixed, toys on playfield, art blades in, new rubbers, shopped out, kid tested and approved. Seems to be a kid magnet. Another 2 weeks for any last issues to show up then off to the York show for freeplay.
[quoted image]

Looks great!

2 weeks later
#361 1 year ago

I know everyone knows it but new movie is coming 2023.

#362 1 year ago

Does someone has a scan of the Orginal cabinet art? (Not the bad reprint)
I have done some scanns but missed some parts.
Working on recreating it and want to do it as orginal as possible. Would be thankfull if anyone could help.

#363 1 year ago

Found the files . BIN file for SMB game ROM and display ROM if anyone knows where to find them. I have an EPROM burner. Anyone know the differences in the versions of the game ROMs. I saw that V2 is harder but there is also a V3?

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Does someone has a scan of the Orginal cabinet art? (Not the bad reprint)
I have done some scanns but missed some parts.
Working on recreating it and want to do it as orginal as possible. Would be thankfull if anyone could help.

I have also been searching for this. I’d love a copy to redo my cabinet.

1 week later
#365 1 year ago

My display ROM is marked DSPROM without the /2 . All the ROM files I see are /2 . Can someone look to see if their ROM chip is marked /2 .

a65 (resized).jpga65 (resized).jpg
#366 1 year ago
Quoted from ripple:

My display ROM is marked DSPROM without the /2 . All the ROM files I see are /2 . Can someone look to see if their ROM chip is marked /2 .
[quoted image]

I think mine is /5. I got the latest rom from PBR. I’m sure it don’t really matter too much, but I’m sure a few small bugs were fixed with the later roms.

2 weeks later
#367 1 year ago

Picking up a Mushroom World tomorrow...anybody know of an LED kit I can buy, or does anyone know where I can find a lamp location map so that I can assemble LED replacements for the lamps? Thanks in advance...

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Picking up a Mushroom World tomorrow...anybody know of an LED kit I can buy, or does anyone know where I can find a lamp location map so that I can assemble LED replacements for the lamps? Thanks in advance...

The bulbs are #44 and #89 for flashers. Comet 2smd sunlight look nice in this game.
Mario_Mushroom_World_Solenoids (resized).jpgMario_Mushroom_World_Solenoids (resized).jpg
20221111_214457 (resized).jpg20221111_214457 (resized).jpg
There are also 3 flashers and 10 bulbs on the back plate I don't see mentioned. This is the one place that colored bulbs look great, or buy bulb covers.
image-22 (resized).jpgimage-22 (resized).jpg

#369 1 year ago
Quoted from latenite04:

The bulbs are #44 and #89 for flashers. Comet 2smd sunlight look nice in this game.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
There are also 3 flashers and 10 bulbs on the back plate I don't see mentioned. This is the one place that colored bulbs look great, or buy bulb covers.
[quoted image]

Thank you VERY much!

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from latenite04:

The bulbs are #44 and #89 for flashers

Small correction, Gottlieb games use #67 for the flashers. Don't use a #89 since the circuit isn't designed for them.

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Small correction, Gottlieb games use #67 for the flashers. Don't use a #89 since the circuit isn't designed for them.

That is correct for incandescent, as the 67 is for 13.5V and 89 for 12V. For LED, I'm not sure it matters. The 89 LEDs will run on either 12 or 13.5V without lifetime issues to my knowledge. I'm not sure if anyone sells an LED specifically for 67.

With that said...89 LED flashers are usually stupid bright in the Gottlieb 67 sockets....I actually left mine as incandescent.

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from setzkor:

With that said...89 LED flashers are usually stupid bright in the Gottlieb 67 sockets....I actually left mine as incandescent.

Agree 100%.

I know it’s completely subjective, but I think LED flashers in any game from any manufacturer is just too much. They just don’t have that “heated pulse” aesthetic that incandescent flashers deliver on.

Gottliebs specifically seem to have a longer duty cycle on their flashers (hence another reason to use the longer lasting #67), and LEDs are straight up just too intense.

#373 1 year ago

I like LED flashers in SMB backbox and I don’t think it’s too bright. But the flashers in the playfield flasher domes is crazy bright. I think if you do flashers in the playfield, the pipe covers is a must. I sell them for $25 or you can find the plans and 3D print them yourself. I think they would fit Mushroom world, but I’ve never looked to see. The covers help direct the flasher light upwards and make the pipes look awesome, like Mario is about to come out of them.

#374 1 year ago

Please let me know if you would like to sell your game, would love to buy it. Have games to trade or purchase outright

#375 1 year ago

Stupid question o' the day: How the hell do you get to the menu to make game adjustments or raise the sound volume on a Mushroom World? Are there buttons on the coin door? Because mine sure as shit doesn't have any.

Just finished a flipper rebuild and can't do something this simple. Super frustrating. Thanks in advance for any help!

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Stupid question o' the day: How the hell do you get to the menu to make game adjustments or raise the sound volume on a Mushroom World? Are there buttons on the coin door? Because mine sure as shit doesn't have any.
Just finished a flipper rebuild and can't do something this simple. Super frustrating. Thanks in advance for any help!

Should be inside the door upper right. Volume nob and menu button.
20221120_170718 (resized).jpg20221120_170718 (resized).jpg

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Should be inside the door upper right. Volume nob and menu button.
[quoted image]

...aaaaand that's where it was hiding. Thanks so much!

#378 1 year ago

Follow up question: I can only see self tests, lamp tests, etc. How do I set number of balls and other settings. First Gottlieb SS so I'm sorry for the basic questions.

(Previous owner had it set to like 10 balls so it's totally annoying...)

#379 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Follow up question: I can only see self tests, lamp tests, etc. How do I set number of balls and other settings. First Gottlieb SS so I'm sorry for the basic questions.
(Previous owner had it set to like 10 balls so it's totally annoying...)

Menu button, left flipper, then menu button should cycle the adjustments. Slam tilt switch or power off to exit after making changes.

If it gets too easy put it on 1 ball, set 46 to hard and 48 to on. If you don't complete the world drops before the time runs out your flippers die. Great way to play adults for a high score.

20221120_171810 (resized).jpg20221120_171810 (resized).jpg

#380 1 year ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Menu button, left flipper, then menu button should cycle the adjustments. Slam tilt switch or power off to exit after making changes.
If it gets too easy put it on 1 ball, set 46 to hard and 48 to on. If you don't complete the world drops before the time runs out your flippers die. Great way to play adults for a high score.
[quoted image]

Thanks again. And sorry to clutter up this thread with my inanity.

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks again. And sorry to clutter up this thread with my inanity.

When I first got mine (before I sold it recently) I grabbed a manual and just went through each menu and adjusted everything. The Gottlieb menus are not the most user friendly as you see, but the manual is pretty good. If you don't have one, I suggest grabbing a beat up paper copy to keep inside the coin door. I used mine regularly when fixing my machine up.

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

When I first got mine (before I sold it recently) I grabbed a manual and just went through each menu and adjusted everything. The Gottlieb menus are not the most user friendly as you see, but the manual is pretty good. If you don't have one, I suggest grabbing a beat up paper copy to keep inside the coin door. I used mine regularly when fixing my machine up.

I got a manual, but it didn't really show the menu button location or how to navigate the menu. Just what all the menu items were....and a ton of schematics. Steep learning curve for me on these Gottlieb SS games so I appreciate all the help in this thread.

#383 1 year ago

Hey folks. Will someone please confirm the length of the legs on their SMB? Are they 31" or 28" long. I may have painted the wrong lengths.
Thanks

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Hey folks. Will someone please confirm the length of the legs on their SMB? Are they 31" or 28" long. I may have painted the wrong lengths.
Thanks

Manual says (4) 4337 legs, which Marco has listed as 27 3/8".

1 month later
#385 1 year ago

Here is my nearly completed SMB. I can't take much credit for how good it looks as my long time tech literally took if from a box of parts and junk cabinet to looking like this.

a61 (resized).JPGa61 (resized).JPGa62 (resized).JPGa62 (resized).JPGa63 (resized).JPGa63 (resized).JPGa64 (resized).JPGa64 (resized).JPG
#386 1 year ago

Looks great!!

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from ripple:

Here is my nearly completed SMB. I can't take much credit for how good it looks as my long time tech literally took if from a box of parts and junk cabinet to looking like this.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you find the decals for the cabinet? I've been looking for some for mine!

#389 1 year ago

Where did you find the decals for the cabinet? I've been looking for some for mine!

I as well. Would love to find these!

#390 1 year ago

Quoted from Heater:

I as well. Would love to find these!

I work on some for my self, to get as close as possible to the original to get the errors out.
I have the sides Ready but i miss some scans of The backbox sides and the front.
But i will not be finished soon.

You could check out https://xianek.eu/

#391 1 year ago

The decals do have some mistakes. It would be nice if a better version comes available.

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from ripple:

The decals do have some mistakes. It would be nice if a better version comes available.

I have eliminatet the errors. Redrawn the howl thing with hig res scans from an orginal. Every line is where it shold be. Every part overlaps as it should. Also i made the dot patern like on the original. I can add some pictures tomorrow.

But still theres a lot of work and the first print will show if i get the colors rigth.

So soonest will be in about 2 to 3 Months. Hardest part is to get the Scanns. Becaus there can be done a lot wrong while scanning.
Hope i soon have the time to do these.

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

I have eliminatet the errors. Redrawn the howl thing with hig res scans from an orginal. Every line is where it shold be. Every part overlaps as it should. Also i made the dot patern like on the original. I can add some pictures tomorrow.
But still theres a lot of work and the first print will show if i get the colors rigth.
So soonest will be in about 2 to 3 Months. Hardest part is to get the Scanns. Becaus there can be done a lot wrong while scanning.
Hope i soon have the time to do these.

Awesome. Keep us posted!

#394 1 year ago

Can someone please send me the photo with component list for the display board? It will save me 2 hours driving. Please..
Im fixing a game that I sold and already miss. I have the board for hv rebuild and repairing because it blows fuses. the game with its manual is away. Im a fool for didn't get the manual until bringing the board back.
It's on a location (sort of) so I used a replacement board meanwhile.

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from mcalon:

hoto with component list for the display board?

PM sent

#396 1 year ago

Awesome. Keep us posted!

Just some details

Left old / rigth new

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image 1 (resized).pngpasted_image 1 (resized).pngpasted_image 3 (resized).pngpasted_image 3 (resized).png
#397 1 year ago

Thank you guys for the help. Really appreciate it.
Going next week to check the repair.

IMG_20230116_191420 (resized).jpgIMG_20230116_191420 (resized).jpg
#398 1 year ago

Hi,
I am really not familiar with the gottlieb system menu, can someone explain me how to set the game in free play? thanks!

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from ripple:

What kinda of dmd do you have?

#400 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

What kinda of dmd do you have?

It's PIN2DMD , I bought it from a guy in Canada who builds the kit for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-club-lets-see-some-pics/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.