IMG_0461 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image3 (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20240128_184021 (resized).jpg
20240128_183956 (resized).jpg
IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
There are 473 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

Thanks all.
Yes, this is a really great looking and playing machine, previous owner did a great job restoring the game to its best!
I'm looking for nice apron cards (in English), can anybody share theirs or have a link to find some?

http://www.pbresource.com/playfields/gtb-cs733ef.jpg

#302 2 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

Thanks all.
Yes, this is a really great looking and playing machine, previous owner did a great job restoring the game to its best!
I'm looking for nice apron cards (in English), can anybody share theirs or have a link to find some?

Some others are discussed here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-club-lets-see-some-pics/page/4#post-4517093

#303 2 years ago

Thanks again, printed the cards and it looks awesome

Super Mario Apron Cards (resized).jpgSuper Mario Apron Cards (resized).jpg
1 week later
#304 2 years ago

My right side gobble hole upkicker switch stopped registering. Does anyone know where to find a replacement? Issue started because I had to take the subway out to remove a blockage (one of the figures I added came loose and got stuck). When I returned the subway to its original spot and realigned the castle opto, the switch at the gobble hole stopped working.

#305 2 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

My right side gobble hole upkicker switch stopped registering. Does anyone know where to find a replacement? Issue started because I had to take the subway out to remove a blockage (one of the figures I added came loose and got stuck). When I returned the subway to its original spot and realigned the castle opto, the switch at the gobble hole stopped working.

Those leaf switches rarely go bad. I would first check if any wires/ connectors got knocked loose or if the switch/wire actuator got bent. If the switch is bad this should be the part:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/21415

2 weeks later
#306 2 years ago

It's been a while since we had a picture
IMG_20210720_170959 (resized).jpgIMG_20210720_170959 (resized).jpgIMG_20210717_111011 (resized).jpgIMG_20210717_111011 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210417_205358 (resized).jpgIMG_20210417_205358 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#307 2 years ago

can someone tell me what this part is called. it's the silver bar over top of the target. there's one on the right target (yellow) but it's missing from the left target (blue) I'm missing 2 of them. this one & one on the upper playfield. if I could figure out the part number I could see if pinball resource has them.

thanks

20211023_213719 (resized).jpg20211023_213719 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#308 2 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

can someone tell me what this part is called. it's the silver bar over top of the target. there's one on the right target (yellow) but it's missing from the left target (blue) I'm missing 2 of them. this one & one on the upper playfield. if I could figure out the part number I could see if pinball resource has them.
thanks
[quoted image]

Looks like a plate deflector 28939
My manual doesn’t show 1 on the upper PF just 2 on the lower.

#309 2 years ago

Does anyone have an overall bulb count for LED conversion? A color matched guide would be great. Considering ordering the comet kit but the price seems a little steep.
What have you guys been doing for the clear inserts with colored lettering?
Any closeup pics of LED PF would be a good reference too.

2 weeks later
#310 2 years ago

Anyone have any tips on how to remove the castle? Got most of the top side stripped just can’t figure out how to get the castle off to get to the last plastic and shooter lane.

#311 2 years ago

I believe there are some black plastic push pins holding the top on then you can get to a set screw to remove the rest.

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

I believe there are some black plastic push pins holding the top on then you can get to a set screw to remove the rest.

Thanks. I was afraid of breaking them. Finally just said F it I’ll add them to the list of parts to order. They popped right out….

#313 2 years ago

Is the preferred pitch on SMB's the standard 6.5 degrees? I ask because mine is around 5.5, and even raising the leg levelers in the back up to the max, I couldn't hit 6.5 per my leveling app. I suspect the wrong leg levelers were installed at some point. Also, the upkicker in the upper playfield is having trouble getting the ball into the wireform, probably because the pitch is too flat.

#314 2 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Is the preferred pitch on SMB's the standard 6.5 degrees? I ask because mine is around 5.5, and even raising the leg levelers in the back up to the max, I couldn't hit 6.5 per my leveling app. I suspect the wrong leg levelers were installed at some point. Also, the upkicker in the upper playfield is having trouble getting the ball into the wireform, probably because the pitch is too flat.

They make 2” and 3” levelers. Maybe you only have 2” all the way around? I made this mistake when I first got into pinball and starting fixing pins.
Also double check that you don’t have a nut in between the leg bottom and the leveler. This could add some extra height in the front.
I guess worst case you could take the front levelers out and just use some shims to get your side-side level

1 month later
#315 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Looks like a plate deflector 28939
My manual doesn’t show 1 on the upper PF just 2 on the lower.

thanks, I just assumed 1 belonged up there too.

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from Davel:

It's been a while since we had a picture
[quoted image]

Just got mine and ordered the same keychain. Fits the machine so well!

1 month later
#317 1 year ago

Joining the club! I finally found one!

I added some toys (ball travels between bowsers legs by the castle), Pin2DMD, and LEDs. When I received it it was super dirty, the motor gears were stripped on the castle, scoops were badly worn, wire nuts on a few wires, and grounding issues. I still have a Jackpot light that stays lit that I’m working on, but other than that, it’s a good looking machine now!

I saw some people have some pipes that slide over the flashers. Anyone have a STL for those? If not, I think I’ll make one people can 3D print. I could make them from pvc, but that seems like more work and I won’t be able to get it as accurate.

1FA7AE02-F216-45BA-ACE9-6366BD4C1B0A (resized).jpeg1FA7AE02-F216-45BA-ACE9-6366BD4C1B0A (resized).jpegF0552033-C222-45E4-BE5E-EF549C5F6EEF (resized).jpegF0552033-C222-45E4-BE5E-EF549C5F6EEF (resized).jpeg
#318 1 year ago

Congrats on finally landing one! Welcome to the club, nice looking machine! Looks like the dirt must have protected the playfield.

#319 1 year ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Greetings Everyone,
This is Rob from Pinshakers and I have some good news for you. We are getting ready to release the next version of our shaker kits and they will be compatible with Super Mario Bros.! Beta testing was completed on a Stargate and the results are amazing.
An official announcement will go out as soon as the kits are released. In the meantime we need your help. Since the manuals for Gottlieb are unavailable for download, we have no idea what the trigger names are for each machine title. If you happen to have a manual for one of the machines in this line-up, could you please PM or email us the solenoid list. It should be located on the page for "Vll Parts Information" in a small section called "Solenoid, Driver Functions/Locations". That lists all of the solenoids/flashlamps and their names. Our email address is [email protected] in case you are unable to PM images on pinside.
Please do not post any images of the manual here in the forum. They are copyrighted material and we want to respect that. We will not post or distribute the images you send us and they will be deleted once we get the information we need in order to complete the user manuals for the shaker kits.
Thank you so much for your assistance, we can't wait to get these kits out to you guys!
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

This is interesting—the shaker mod. Anyone here try it on their SMB?

Also, I saw a few people ask for the cabinet art files for this. Anyone able to share it with me to have printed?

3 months later
#320 1 year ago

New to the club. It was pretty rough when I got it. Still a work in progress but it's almost ready.

20220813_180851 (resized).jpg20220813_180851 (resized).jpg
#321 1 year ago

Looks real good. Is that original cab paint, or decals?

#322 1 year ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Looks real good. Is that original cab paint, or decals?

Thanks! They are decals. The original art was gone a long time ago. It had a mismatched color blue painted over most of the cab and some pretty crappy touch up work. Along with initials, some words and other carvings in it.

#323 1 year ago

Me and the family are now proud owners of smb pin. It needs a little touch up. The cab has weird touch up on it with initials of the artist hidden behind one of the front cab legs.
Sorry for bad pics but i just got it and had to start setting it up at the garage door

20220811_160750 (resized).jpg20220811_160750 (resized).jpg20220812_164645 (resized).jpg20220812_164645 (resized).jpg
#324 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Thanks! They are decals. The original art was gone a long time ago. It had a mismatched color blue painted over most of the cab and some pretty crappy touch up work. Along with initials, some words and other carvings in it.

Mine has the exact same thing going on right now :/ You can see all the brush strokes in the blue they painted on. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the decals and what do you think of the quality?

#325 1 year ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

Mine has the exact same thing going on right now :/ You can see all the brush strokes in the blue they painted on. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the decals and what do you think of the quality?

I ordered the decals from Pinball Decals EU because it was the only place I could find them. The quality I'd say is pretty good with just a few exceptions. I added a link to the decals. It looks brand new compared to what it was before so Im extremely happy with how it turned out. I also knew going forward this wasn't going to be some museum piece. This game was definitely dropped once or twice during its life so there were some cabinet repairs that needed to be done before I could even start on the cosmetics. The decals will turn out as good as you want them to turn out if you take the time to prep the cabinet. Sanding, wood fill, ect..

•Both backbox decals are cut/printed? in a shape so that Mario is facing "backwards". I'm pretty sure the original art had both Marios facing to the right irregardless of which side of the cabinet you were looking at. Image attached.
•The front of the cabinet is just slightly more narrow then the original art so you have to find a happy medium of not cutting off the "Start Game" text by Luigi and not cutting off too much of Mario with the coindoor. If you look at the front of my cab in the picture I posted prior you can see what I mean.
•The orange from the explosion spreads to far into the white portion of the stars. Image attached.
•Mario is missing the art for his ear.

https://pinballdecalseu.com/shop/super-mario-bros-pinball-cabinet-decals-set/

20220815_081226 (resized).jpg20220815_081226 (resized).jpg

20220815_083615 (resized).jpg20220815_083615 (resized).jpg

20220815_083615 (resized).jpg20220815_083615 (resized).jpg
#326 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

I ordered the decals from Pinball Decals EU because it was the only place I could find them.
[quoted image]

Good work looks really great.
I am also preparing mine, unfortunately it needs so much preparatory work.

Unfortunately, these decals have such obvious flaws and yet many do not seem to notice.

I have also ordered some online unfortunately these have also been defective, but since the demand is so small and it seems hardly anyone notices it seems to continue to be sold like they are.

Just to name one. Where is marios inear?

#327 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Good work looks really great.
I am also preparing mine, unfortunately it needs so much preparatory work.
Unfortunately, these decals have such obvious flaws and yet many do not seem to notice.
I have also ordered some online unfortunately these have also been defective, but since the demand is so small and it seems hardly anyone notices it seems to continue to be sold like they are.
Just to name one. Where is marios inear?

Thanks! Hahaha I didn't even notice that. Yeah I can't imagine the demand is very high so we gotta make do with what we get unfortunately.

I'll add that to my prior post about the quality of the decals.

#328 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Hahaha I didn't even notice that. Yeah I can't imagine the demand is very high so we gotta make do with what we get unfortunately.
I'll add that to my prior post about the quality of the decals.

As i mention not a lot of people recgognize it so i think its not a problem.
I will try a black sticker and cut it out and try how it will look

2 weeks later
#329 1 year ago

I made the Super Mario Brothers Flasher Pipe Covers and have a small batch up for sale on my pinside store and on my website ThePinballScientist.com

When I converted my game to have LED flashers, it was way too bright. These brought the brightness down and made the pipes look awesome when they light up. Looks like they should have belonged all this time.

56815C29-74C3-4149-BB56-0D832678360B (resized).jpeg56815C29-74C3-4149-BB56-0D832678360B (resized).jpeg63704C37-D48B-4361-BA9E-785D33955C1F (resized).jpeg63704C37-D48B-4361-BA9E-785D33955C1F (resized).jpegB76D29FF-3852-4796-BDFB-ED9DBAE9FC08 (resized).jpegB76D29FF-3852-4796-BDFB-ED9DBAE9FC08 (resized).jpegCE84DA99-53D7-4709-85FA-413E78C2F258 (resized).jpegCE84DA99-53D7-4709-85FA-413E78C2F258 (resized).jpeg
#330 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinScientist:

I made the Super Mario Brothers Flasher Pipe Covers and have a small batch up for sale on my pinside store and on my website ThePinballScientist.com
When I converted my game to have LED flashers, it was way too bright....

Ordered a few. You're definitely not kidding about the LED flashers. I put the incandescent bulbs back in for mean time.

#331 1 year ago

When I converted my game to have LED flashers, it was way too bright. These brought the brightness down and made the pipes look awesome when they light up. Looks like they should have belonged all this time.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi, im interested how much to ship to Iceland?

Are these 3d printed? If so, have you made the yellow pipe on the left

Kind regards
Beini

#332 1 year ago

Also where did you get those side blades?

#333 1 year ago
Quoted from beini:

Hi, im interested how much to ship to Iceland?
Are these 3d printed? If so, have you made the yellow pipe on the left
Kind regards
Beini

If you have a printer or access to one, I have the pipe uploaded to thingiverse.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4833646

I believe Lucxor has the bent one for the bottom also uploaded there. Link would be in the mod thread.

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from setzkor:

If you have a printer or access to one, I have the pipe uploaded to thingiverse.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4833646
I believe Lucxor has the bent one for the bottom also uploaded there. Link would be in the mod thread.

Thank you very much, its very cool, i have a 3d printer.

#335 1 year ago
Quoted from beini:

Thank you very much, its very cool, i have a 3d printer.

I made my own pipes for the flashers. Others have made them though. I 3D print them and then do about 10 thin coats of paint on them.

#336 1 year ago

I made my own pipes for the flashers. Others have made them though. I 3D print them and then do about 10 thin coats of paint on them.

Hi, thata cool. Its going to be my next 3d printer project i saw on your pic.. the sideblades. Where did you get them, they look good

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from beini:

Hi, thata cool. Its going to be my next 3d printer project i saw on your pic.. the sideblades. Where did you get them, they look good

Thank you! I looked forever for them and found them on coin taker's site about 6 months ago. I love them. Completes the theme.

#338 1 year ago

Looks like I'm joining the club here. I understand the folding height on these is thicker than any other pin and will not fit in my SUV. Is there any reason why this should not be transported on its side or should I rent a U-Haul.

Thanks!

#339 1 year ago

Not sure what clearance you have, but I was able to unscrew the hinge on the head and slide the head down to the narrower portion. That enabled me to slide it in mine...

#340 1 year ago

Picking up my SMB in the next week. Playfield looks great, cab will need some touchup but shouldn't need new decals. Picked up a few 3d printed pipes and some tilt sideblades as I'm a sucker for the "world under glass look".

What size mario are you guys with toys using in there?

Also, for those of you with color displays what are you using? I didn't see it on the COLOR DMD site. May or may not put one in on this machine.

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Also, for those of you with color displays what are you using? I didn't see it on the COLOR DMD site.

ColorDMD hasn't done the game (yet). Looks like Pin2DMD has color files though, including a pinsider who re-animated a lot of scenes to give it a more "Super Mario World" vibe.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-super-mario-bros

#342 1 year ago

Picking up my SMB in the next week. Playfield looks great, cab will need some touchup but shouldn't need new decals. Picked up a few 3d printed pipes and some tilt sideblades as I'm a sucker for the "world under glass look".
What size mario are you guys with toys using in there?
Also, for those of you with color displays what are you using? I didn't see it on the COLOR DMD site. May or may not put one in on this machine.

I can show you the figures I have and use. I was going to bring some to the York show for sale. I do have some duplicates.

#343 1 year ago

Looks like I'm joining the club here. I understand the folding height on these is thicker than any other pin and will not fit in my SUV. Is there any reason why this should not be transported on its side or should I rent a U-Haul.
Thanks!

Much narrower on its side. No issues turning it on its side. Note the lockdown bar on Gottilieb's uniquely lock the playfield down as well.

88778 (resized).jpg88778 (resized).jpg
#344 1 year ago

Got some cosmetic fixing up to do but she plays like butter and is perfect temp trade bait after I've had my way with her.

20220910_072353 (resized).jpg20220910_072353 (resized).jpg
#345 1 year ago

perfect temp trade bait

I receive more unsolicited PMs for people to buy my SMB than any other game in my collection. You’ll have zero problems pawning it off when the time comes. Until then, enjoy it!

#346 1 year ago

Hi all-first post. Glad to see this board has been revived over the past couple of days by coincidence- I've got a very large restoration project ahead.
I picked up this playfield with some heavy, heavy water damage with the expectation that I can put some elbow grease and leg work into fixing it.

I've been looking for the high resolution, scaled scans of the PF for a while but am coming up with no luck. I was hoping someone could have pity on this poor damaged board and share them with me? My research led me to believe a few people here might have access to it (or know someone who does).

Really appreciate the help and looking forward to the restoration process. Thanks

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#347 1 year ago
Quoted from dingusmax:

Hi all-first post. Glad to see this board has been revived over the past couple of days by coincidence- I've got a very large restoration project ahead.
I picked up this playfield with some heavy, heavy water damage with the expectation that I can put some elbow grease and leg work into fixing it.
I've been looking for the high resolution, scaled scans of the PF for a while but am coming up with no luck. I was hoping someone could have pity on this poor damaged board and share them with me? My research led me to believe a few people here might have access to it (or know someone who does).
Really appreciate the help and looking forward to the restoration process. Thanks
[quoted image]

I have some. I also worked on redraw the playfield but because it was so much work i stoped somwhere.
I can help out but the scans can be not exact. Shot me a pm and i will se that i can send you some in the next days.

#348 1 year ago

Help! DMD is dead and I'm trying to get it fixed for the York show. Weird symptoms and my usual troubleshooting isn't helping much.

Got it last week, worked fine, a little dim in one corner of DMD. Got some 3-d printed pipes, installed, and changed bowsers castle and the LEDs under it. Next game I play, I look up and the DMD is dead. Upon investigation the fuse in F4 is blown. Order 10 3/8 amp fuses (they are not cheap) and put in a new fuse. I can turn the game on, then plug in a new fuse and the DMD will come on 1/2 a second and then the fuse blows. I have reseated all connectors and ordered a new (used) DMD as it needs one anyways. I pulled out the solenoid, flashers, GI, and controlled lamps and did the same experiment with plugging in a fuse while on, and it did the same thing with the DMD coming on 1/2 a second and the fuse burning out so I know its not a short from the playfield (somehow).

Any and all troubleshooting steps welcomed. I'm guessing my next step is to take a hard look at board A8 (The upper right DMD controller board). Thanks all!

smb333 (resized).jpgsmb333 (resized).jpg
#349 1 year ago

Help! DMD is dead and I'm trying to get it fixed for the York show. Weird symptoms and my usual troubleshooting isn't helping much.
Got it last week, worked fine, a little dim in one corner of DMD. Got some 3-d printed pipes, installed, and changed bowsers castle and the LEDs under it. Next game I play, I look up and the DMD is dead. Upon investigation the fuse in F4 is blown. Order 10 3/8 amp fuses (they are not cheap) and put in a new fuse. I can turn the game on, then plug in a new fuse and the DMD will come on 1/2 a second and then the fuse blows. I have reseated all connectors and ordered a new (used) DMD as it needs one anyways. I pulled out the solenoid, flashers, GI, and controlled lamps and did the same experiment with plugging in a fuse while on, and it did the same thing with the DMD coming on 1/2 a second and the fuse burning out so I know its not a short from the playfield (somehow).
Any and all troubleshooting steps welcomed. I'm guessing my next step is to take a hard look at board A8 (The upper right DMD controller board). Thanks all!
[quoted image]

Do you have the scematics?
May try to see for what F4 is.
Maybe a transistor is burnt ?

#350 1 year ago

Sure enough my D8 is dead on the display board and is likely my problem. One is coming in the kit I ordered so hopefully it will be back up soon.

20220916_143814 (resized).jpg20220916_143814 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 473 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-club-lets-see-some-pics/page/7?hl=papakilo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.