IMG_0461 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image3 (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20240128_184021 (resized).jpg
20240128_183956 (resized).jpg
IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
There are 473 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
#201 4 years ago

Quick question, when I destroy a castle, the red light in the apron does not stay one, it goes off and when I’m “super” again the first castle light blinks again and goes out when the castle is destroyed. Also my display shows “?” In place of some digits in attract mode. Any ideas of why this is happening? Also all the GI in the backbox and in back of cab are out (behind Castle)
Pics for reference
26AD009C-4BA0-40E0-B37B-67255A4AC76C (resized).png26AD009C-4BA0-40E0-B37B-67255A4AC76C (resized).pngFFED4629-EE30-4FF6-ABCE-B076C4E03BE5 (resized).pngFFED4629-EE30-4FF6-ABCE-B076C4E03BE5 (resized).png9A15A8E7-2084-4140-9C91-75248D2019FA (resized).png9A15A8E7-2084-4140-9C91-75248D2019FA (resized).png

#202 4 years ago

Ah, you are the one who ended up with the converted Mario. Cool beans.

If the whole backbox is not lighting, check the F9 fuse. Barring that, work backwards from the connector(s) coming from the board. My game is on location or I would pop it open to tell you which connector that is.

1 week later
#203 4 years ago

My daughter told me that the flipper buttons looked boring so I made some mario themed ones.
20190627_162005 (resized).jpg20190627_162005 (resized).jpg
20190628_115506 (resized).jpg20190628_115506 (resized).jpg
20190628_115525 (resized).jpg20190628_115525 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#204 4 years ago

Anybody have leads on new cabinet decals?

2 weeks later
#205 4 years ago

Would someone be able to please send a picture of under the playfield near the Castle Motor? It appears that i'm missing the Optical Interface Board part# MA-1558. I'm going to order one from Steve Young, but i'd like to see what cables are plugged into it before I place the order in case I need some additional parts. Thanks in advance!

IMG_20190722_205436 (resized).jpgIMG_20190722_205436 (resized).jpg
#206 4 years ago

Here's one... I have lots of photos in this album as well https://goo.gl/photos/dWLYix1txnADwii27... but this one seemed to be the best fit for what you're after.

screenshot.1681 (resized).jpgscreenshot.1681 (resized).jpg
#207 4 years ago

Thank you! That picture is exactly what I was searching for. Looks like i'm missing the transmitter and receiver also. Appreciate the help!

5 months later
#208 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Ah, you are the one who ended up with the converted Mario. Cool beans.
If the whole backbox is not lighting, check the F9 fuse. Barring that, work backwards from the connector(s) coming from the board. My game is on location or I would pop it open to tell you which connector that is.

Na check the relay at the back right of the bottom of cabinet... My back board had been out of light since bought but was the relay leaf switch... Its relay A for backboard. Or relay T for lower playfield... Took me over 4 years to work out super happy now all works..

Can easily check by placing alligator clip on the leaf switch if works clean with contact cleaner and lightly with wet rub sand paper... Re align switch if necessary... Wish I knew it earlier., but working good now that's all that matters ... Now to finish the mods!

*note be sure to do with power off to avoid shocking yourself*

IMG_20200106_135828 (resized).jpgIMG_20200106_135828 (resized).jpgIMG_20200106_143037 (resized).jpgIMG_20200106_143037 (resized).jpg Added over 4 years ago:

RazorV23

1 month later
#209 4 years ago

A cool little gameplay secret for those of you who own the table or play it via visual pinball: You all probably know that during the video mode with the bullet bills and pits that if you hold the right flipper and run the entire time, if you are able to jump your way to the end without falling or getting hit by bullet bill you get 30 million points for making it the whole way instead of 10 million points for making it the whole way.

Well, there's another cool little easter egg involving the Castle Special video mode after your ball drains. When you destroy Castle 7 and get the Castle Special Award, after your ball drains and you put in your initials, during the video mode where Mario runs towards the castle to rescue the princess, you'll notice that on the ground there's wire-shaped patches. If you jump while on these patches, Mario will jump REALLY high in the air. Right before the castle appears during this video mode, there's a tiny patch. If you jump while running on the patch, Mario will jump OVER the castle (normally he'll automatically run inside the castle), land to the right of the castle, run past a signpost with an arrow pointing right and you'll then get 30 million points for rescuing the princess instead of the 10 million points that you get if you run into the castle.

EDIT: MAKE SURE TO PRESS THE LEFT FLIPPER TO JUMP SUPER HIGH! During the Castle Special video mode, Mario automatically runs at full speed and pressing the left or right flipper makes him jump. But you MUST press the LEFT FLIPPER when on the patch on the ground to jump super high and over the castle! It won't work if you try to jump with the right flipper.

1 month later
#210 3 years ago

Hey, does anyone know if there are overlays for SMB? I can't find one and my SMB needs serious help up by peach. Thanks!

#211 3 years ago

I'd like to find one of these this year. if Allentown happens in June, we'll be there trying to track one down.

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from Corey_Fleming:

Hey, does anyone know if there are overlays for SMB? I can't find one and my SMB needs serious help up by peach. Thanks!

Might check here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-restauration-playfield#post-5401452

#213 3 years ago

OMG! I sat in my basement for over 4 hours and got 777 on video! I think I'm the first person to do this in the world! I'm going to upload the YouTube video tomorrow.

#214 3 years ago

Here's the youtube video for 777

3 weeks later
#215 3 years ago

Shout out to ScottyC for his warp pipe flash covers! I made my own and not only does it help not blind me from the flashers, it looks bad-ass and is authentic PVC piping!

I used 1 1/4 inch PVC pipe with a coupler just like he did and I customized the heights for each location...but overall I cut 1.25 inch pieces of the PVC and 0.75 inch pieces of the coupler. The notches were key...the pipes just sit on there nicely with no permanent modification to anything.

image0 (1).jpegimage0 (1).jpeg
#216 3 years ago

Hi everyone. Quick question. Where would I find the standup target Leaf switch that has the piece of plastic on it. I'm slowly getting my game back in shape.
Much thanks

WIN_20200524_18_42_08_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200524_18_42_08_Pro (resized).jpg
#217 3 years ago

I'm not sure you can get just that blade of the switch. For Gottlieb, parts will be available at Pinball Resource

The switch assembly is 29017 (PBR# GTB-29017+W)

http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm#gtbsu

I would assume he also has just the white plate that could be riveted on to the existing switch, but did not see the part number on the website. I'm sure an email to Jimmy or call to Steve and they would set you straight

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

I'm not sure you can get just that blade of the switch. For Gottlieb, parts will be available at Pinball Resource
The switch assembly is 29017 (PBR# GTB-29017+W)
http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm#gtbsu
I would assume he also has just the white plate that could be riveted on to the existing switch, but did not see the part number on the website. I'm sure an email to Jimmy or call to Steve and they would set you straight

Much thanks! Going to email today!!

#219 3 years ago

Ok, I've finally been inspired to finally make myself some flasher covers... My question: do I keep the taper or cut it off when I cut to size?

I'm thinking cut out off as that seems more consistent with the video game art.

IMG_20200526_184408 (resized).jpgIMG_20200526_184408 (resized).jpg
#220 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Ok, I've finally been inspired to finally make myself some flasher covers... My question: do I keep the taper or cut it off when I cut to size?
I'm thinking cut out off as that seems more consistent with the video game art.
[quoted image]

I vote cut it off. I don't recall any Super Mario games where the pipe is tapered like that. His big butt wouldn't fit otherwise.

#221 3 years ago

I’m excited to be part of this group now for the 2nd time, just grabbed a mushroom world to go with the full size SMB. Hope everyone stays safe and has a fun gaming weekend!

E87952AF-A2B4-4662-AB4F-8469DE77939E.jpegE87952AF-A2B4-4662-AB4F-8469DE77939E.jpeg
1 week later
#222 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Shout out to scottyc for his warp pipe flash covers! I made my own and not only does it help not blind me from the flashers, it looks bad-ass and is authentic PVC piping!
I used 1 1/4 inch PVC pipe with a coupler just like he did and I customized the heights for each location...but overall I cut 1.25 inch pieces of the PVC and 0.75 inch pieces of the coupler. The notches were key...the pipes just sit on there nicely with no permanent modification to anything.
[quoted image]

came out great. I'll need to make a set of these too. just started going over my new SMB & getting some parts ordered!

1 week later
#223 3 years ago

so like a dummy I lifted my playfield and the balls fell out. I finished cleaning, lowered the playfield and dropped the balls in. The soleniod that kicks the ball up isn't working. I checked for loose wires. I pulled the apron and dropped the balls behind the wire ready to go but the ball won't kick into the trough after hitting the button. Any ideas where to start?
Thanks in advance

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

so like a dummy I lifted my playfield and the balls fell out. I finished cleaning, lowered the playfield and dropped the balls in. The soleniod that kicks the ball up isn't working. I checked for loose wires. I pulled the apron and dropped the balls behind the wire ready to go but the ball won't kick into the trough after hitting the button. Any ideas where to start?
Thanks in advance

I have this problem but it is intermittent (probably 1 out of every 30 or 40). When it does happen, it is on ball 1 for me. I realize this does not help you, but figured I would throw it out there and I'm interested in what solution works for you.

Mine was happening at a much higher rate and I changed out the fuse and the issue happens far less frequently now.

#225 3 years ago

Check the switches in test mode. See if you can get the trough switches to change.
Also, check the fuses. I had a similar problem that was cured with a new fuse.

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Check the switches in test mode. See if you can get the trough switches to change.

Will give it a try and thanks!

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Much thanks! I replaced the fuse and now it works like a charm!

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

I'd like to find one of these this year. if Allentown happens in June, we'll be there trying to track one down.

I know of one here in Utah for $3k

#229 3 years ago

Started ripping my ramps & plastics up today so I can replace the rubber, add cliiffys, & add leds.

20200619_230523 (resized).jpg20200619_230523 (resized).jpg
#230 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Shout out to scottyc for his warp pipe flash covers! I made my own and not only does it help not blind me from the flashers, it looks bad-ass and is authentic PVC piping!
[quoted image]

Your post made making my set super easy. I color matched the flashers too.

20200613_120540 (resized).jpg20200613_120540 (resized).jpg
#231 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I know of one here in Utah for $3k

Thanks but scored one in Cleveland

#232 3 years ago

Here's my topper

20200613_120650 (resized).jpg20200613_120650 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#233 3 years ago

Just rejoined the club, and ran into a little speed bump.

The game was playing great, and then I pressed the test button. As soon as I did, the DMD cut out. I turned the machine off and on, but no dice.

I checked F3 and F4, and sure enough, F4 had blown. With that said, it looks like it was an incorrect fuse (it was 1/2). I replaced it with the appropriate fuse, and still nothing.

Any suggestions where to turn next in terms of troubleshooting? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

1 week later
#234 3 years ago

Great news for owners of Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World

My cannon scoops above the flippers were in rough shape from decades of use and through some measuring and back and forth on sizing, Cliffy was able to make his signature protectors. They came out great! I have attached some pictures below, and to see more (including scoop prep) you can check the pics out here: https://imgur.com/a/RZimwBr

Make sure you grab a set of these from Cliff to protect your playfield area around the cannon scoops as they take quite a beating.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm

3 - OwG4K4e.jpg3 - OwG4K4e.jpg2 - n9lapS5.jpg2 - n9lapS5.jpg1 - XWDmVRH.jpg1 - XWDmVRH.jpg
#235 3 years ago

after orlandu81 's post I wanted to chime in w/ my cliffy pics. it was a night & day difference. my 2 lower holes were really beat up & the cliffy's hid all the damage.

2020-06-06 23.00.24 (resized).jpg2020-06-06 23.00.24 (resized).jpg2020-06-19 23.05.23-crop (resized).jpg2020-06-19 23.05.23-crop (resized).jpg
#236 3 years ago

Greetings Everyone,

This is Rob from Pinshakers and I have some good news for you. We are getting ready to release the next version of our shaker kits and they will be compatible with Super Mario Bros.! Beta testing was completed on a Stargate and the results are amazing.

An official announcement will go out as soon as the kits are released. In the meantime we need your help. Since the manuals for Gottlieb are unavailable for download, we have no idea what the trigger names are for each machine title. If you happen to have a manual for one of the machines in this line-up, could you please PM or email us the solenoid list. It should be located on the page for "Vll Parts Information" in a small section called "Solenoid, Driver Functions/Locations". That lists all of the solenoids/flashlamps and their names. Our email address is [email protected] in case you are unable to PM images on pinside.

Please do not post any images of the manual here in the forum. They are copyrighted material and we want to respect that. We will not post or distribute the images you send us and they will be deleted once we get the information we need in order to complete the user manuals for the shaker kits.

Thank you so much for your assistance, we can't wait to get these kits out to you guys!

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

after orlandu81 's post I wanted to chime in w/ my cliffy pics. it was a night & day difference. my 2 lower holes were really beat up & the cliffy's hid all the damage.
[quoted image][quoted image]

On your full sized cab, your scoops don't look that bad but I still recommend that if you plan on using Cliffy's on your worn scoops on either Super Mario Bros. table, that you first repair the scoops with Quikwood or an equivalent wood repair substance. This will enable a completely smooth and intact surface in which to adhere your Cliffys. When I first did my full size SMB, I didn't repair the holes first and over time the Cliffy's started to bend upwards. Once I subsequently repaired the scoop, the Cliffy was reinstalled and there were no issues. These scoops are MASSIVE in size and are prone to issues as a result.

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

On your full sized cab, your scoops don't look that bad but I still recommend that if you plan on using Cliffy's on your worn scoops on either Super Mario Bros. table, that you first repair the scoops with Quikwood or an equivalent wood repair substance. This will enable a completely smooth and intact surface in which to adhere your Cliffys. When I first did my full size SMB, I didn't repair the holes first and over time the Cliffy's started to bend upwards. Once I subsequently repaired the scoop, the Cliffy was reinstalled and there were no issues. These scoops are MASSIVE in size and are prone to issues as a result.

I didn't do that but it's good idea. I'll have to go back & repair it. thanks

1 week later
1 week later
#240 3 years ago

Got my flasher covers on, now to decide if I want to redo the yellow tunnel...

IMG_20200803_150831 (resized).jpgIMG_20200803_150831 (resized).jpg
#241 3 years ago

Alright, my SMB is like 99% finished, but the game is playing blind with no DMD.

- All fuses are good.
- I reseated all of the cables.

I have a multimeter in hand and I'm ready to dig in, any suggestions on where I should be looking? It's literally the last thing I need to take care of before this project is done, so any help would be great appreciated!

#242 3 years ago

I would take a look here (if you haven't already) and check these things out. If that doesn't work, maybe try the System 3 club thread, a lot of tech support goes on in that one.

http://www.pinrepair.com/sys3/#display

1 week later
#243 3 years ago

Thank you, definitely the display controller board.

So, last question:

Send it out for repair, or buy a replacement?

45D44EE4-20B9-4734-BCB2-B4290271F5BC (resized).jpeg45D44EE4-20B9-4734-BCB2-B4290271F5BC (resized).jpeg56D784A1-BA3D-4E52-8E72-39F2963EAD8F (resized).jpeg56D784A1-BA3D-4E52-8E72-39F2963EAD8F (resized).jpeg
#244 3 years ago

Anyone looking to leave the club by selling their machine to me? I'm in the market for a SMB.

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

Thank you, definitely the display controller board.
So, last question:
Send it out for repair, or buy a replacement?[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm not sure what is available but there has been some work done on that board previously. And not very well from the looks of it...e.g. VR1 making a right turn to connect(?) to Q2.

2 months later
#246 3 years ago

Hello there!

I'm looking for PF scans for the Super Mario Bros because I have to fix some places ...

The ideal would be to scan the entire playfield.

But most important to me would be the bumper area and the kickback area...

Can somebody help me with that?

Many Thanks
Greetings Sascha

20201010_165723 (resized).jpg20201010_165723 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#247 3 years ago

Hello

It's my first post so far.
Have done a lot on my smb.
but have still some major issues I have to fix.
Have also some lable set laying around if someone is intressted.
IMG-20201122-WA0009.jpgIMG-20201122-WA0009.jpgIMG_20201122_152140.jpgIMG_20201122_152140.jpg

#248 3 years ago

I‘m just in the middle of restoring a playfield scan. As the playfield is heavily used and maybe faded I’m looking for the exact Pantone color definitions (Pantone Solid Coated). Can anybody help?

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I‘m just in the middle of restoring a playfield scan. As the playfield is heavily used and maybe faded I’m looking for the exact Pantone color definitions (Pantone Solid Coated). Can anybody help?

Here's an article I found a while ago with the official Nintendo colors for mario. Hopefully Gottlieb followed their standards.

https://kotaku.com/nintendos-official-rules-on-what-color-mario-must-be-1689012605

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Here's an article I found a while ago with the official Nintendo colors for mario. Hopefully Gottlieb followed their standards.
https://kotaku.com/nintendos-official-rules-on-what-color-mario-must-be-1689012605

Thank you, I‘ll check that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 473 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-club-lets-see-some-pics/page/5?hl=mutt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.