IMG_0461 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image3 (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20240128_184021 (resized).jpg
20240128_183956 (resized).jpg
IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
#151 6 years ago

Just got these 3.
Still looking for a Mario

IMG_9428 (resized).JPGIMG_9428 (resized).JPG

3 months later
#152 6 years ago

This club needs some action Recently installed a Pin2DMD and ready for some coloring fun!

screenshot.179 (resized).jpgscreenshot.179 (resized).jpg
endgame.gifendgame.gif

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

This club needs some action Recently installed a Pin2DMD and ready for some coloring fun!

Looks great! I have to give you old-school gamer props for going with Mario's NES color scheme. Did you add LEDs behind the translite? It really pops!

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Looks great! I have to give you old-school gamer props for going with Mario's NES color scheme. Did you add LEDs behind the translite? It really pops!

I'm still toyin around with the mario colors...I actually leaning towards the blue suspenders and red shirt...hehe
And yep LEDs throughout the entire machine (except the two under ramp pops, needing to rewire those)

screenshot.181 (resized).jpgscreenshot.181 (resized).jpg

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

I'm still toyin around with the mario colors...I actually leaning towards the blue suspenders and red shirt...hehe
And yep LEDs throughout the entire machine (except the two under ramp pops, needing to rewire those)

That's understandable! That's the color scheme most people are familiar with and it would match the rest of the art in the game. Maybe just use the red/brown for the video mode sequences? Either way, it looks awesome!

7 months later
#156 6 years ago

hi SMB club members , i m looking for cab decals file, i can print them by myself, anyone would share? thanks

1 week later
#157 6 years ago

Is there a way to turn off extra balls in this?

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is there a way to turn off extra balls in this?

Negative.
You can turn Extra ball % in Mystery to be very hard (10%) but that's about all you can change.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Negative.
You can turn Extra ball % in Mystery to be very hard (10%) but that's about all you can change.

Okay cool. That was the only mention of EB I saw in the settings. Thanks!

2 months later
#160 5 years ago

I have a chance to meet Charles Martinet (the voice of Mario for decades) this month at a convention. Thinking of bringing my translite for him to sign, but I can't find confirmation that it is actually HIS voice in the game. It sounds an awful lot like him, but I have never seen the pinball machine listed under his credits. Does anyone know?

1 month later
#161 5 years ago

I just recently purchase a SMB pin and love how it plays. However, my video mode is not working properly (no slots game or other games showing) plus there is a weird 911 theme that shows random names of the people who designed the game I guess. Has anyone seen this before? How do I factory reset the game? (hoping that will fix it). Thanks!

IMG_20180726_095540 (resized).jpgIMG_20180726_095540 (resized).jpgIMG_20180726_095547 (resized).jpgIMG_20180726_095547 (resized).jpgIMG_20180726_095613 (resized).jpgIMG_20180726_095613 (resized).jpg
#162 5 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I just recently purchase a SMB pin and love how it plays. However, my video mode is not working properly (no slots game or other games showing) plus there is a weird 911 theme that shows random names of the people who designed the game I guess. Has anyone seen this before? How do I factory reset the game? (hoping that will fix it). Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sounds like you have a Rescue 911 Rom in your Mario instead of a Mario Rom. If that's possible.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Sounds like you have a Rescue 911 Rom in your Mario instead of a Mario Rom. If that's possible.

Do you know how I would identify what ROM I have and how to fix/reset it?

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Do you know how I would identify what ROM I have and how to fix/reset it?

Won't need to fix or reset but change if it's a Rescue 911 Rom instead of a Mario one. I don't have my machine in front of me but I googled this system 3 back box. Check the circled Rom in the picture. If it says Rescue 911 on it it'll need to be changed with the correct Mario Rom

You_Doodle_Pro_2018-07-28T10_58_27Z (resized).jpgYou_Doodle_Pro_2018-07-28T10_58_27Z (resized).jpg
#165 5 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Won't need to fix or reset but change if it's a Rescue 911 Rom instead of a Mario one. I don't have my machine in front of me but I googled this system 3 back box. Check the circled Rom in the picture. If it says Rescue 911 on it it'll need to be changed with the correct Mario Rom
[quoted image]

That looks like the culprit! Do you know where I can find the SMB ROMs? I've searched for them online, but am coming up empty. Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it.

IMG_20180728_214929 (resized).jpgIMG_20180728_214929 (resized).jpg
#166 5 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

That looks like the culprit! Do you know where I can find the SMB ROMs? I've searched for them online, but am coming up empty. Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it.
[quoted image]

Go to pbresource.com and shoot them an email. They own all the rights to Gottlieb games. If you need any other parts for your Mario try them too. Just make sure to have the part numbers. I'm gonna also suggest buying a manual if you don't have one already.

#168 5 years ago

Thank you, I ordered the DSPROM today. Does anyone have a SMB instructions card in English that they could post as a .pdf file?

1 month later
#170 5 years ago

Recently built my own flasher covers for my double SMB *seizure super mario bros* . Turned out pretty good! They really cut down on the in your face LED flashers. I kept clear flasher covers and color matched the LED flashers to them except the yellow as it has a white flasher

20180905_151015.jpg20180905_151015.jpg20180905_151331.jpg20180905_151331.jpg20180905_151335.jpg20180905_151335.jpg20180905_151339.jpg20180905_151339.jpg20180905_151402.jpg20180905_151402.jpg20180905_151410.jpg20180905_151410.jpg
#171 5 years ago

Those look awesome @ScottyC! I wouldn't mind adding those to mine, as you're right, when the flashers get going, its crazy bright. Did you follow a how to or did you just come up with your own way? I wouldn't mind knowing how you did it, if you don't mind sharing.
Thanks!

#172 5 years ago

Here’s my Super Mario Bros pinball machine as it currently stands. My son and I both really enjoy Mario videogames, so we were both super excited to bring this pin home.

C67C570D-C277-4CAC-A91A-52FD07778A9A (resized).jpegC67C570D-C277-4CAC-A91A-52FD07778A9A (resized).jpeg

89DB6E48-489F-4E31-BEA8-6CEB83730B11 (resized).jpeg89DB6E48-489F-4E31-BEA8-6CEB83730B11 (resized).jpeg

F2A758FB-99E4-4D04-BE01-75AFABFF04CF (resized).jpegF2A758FB-99E4-4D04-BE01-75AFABFF04CF (resized).jpeg

06C93CAA-1CDB-494B-916E-07879DF8EC32 (resized).jpeg06C93CAA-1CDB-494B-916E-07879DF8EC32 (resized).jpeg

0FDD0A44-688B-496A-B808-786920636699 (resized).jpeg0FDD0A44-688B-496A-B808-786920636699 (resized).jpeg

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Those look awesome ScottyC! I wouldn't mind adding those to mine, as you're right, when the flashers get going, its crazy bright. Did you follow a how to or did you just come up with your own way? I wouldn't mind knowing how you did it, if you don't mind sharing.
Thanks!

hehe, well these spawned from phillymadison's original covers which are not available any longer (at least in the marketplace). Not sure on the size of things used, but it was just some PVC pipe(used for lower section) combined with a coupler (used for pipe 'rim'), then cut it to length, notched out a section on the bottom for the flasher dome, and spray painted em.. Pretty straight fwd.

Here's some vid footage (select that 4K resolution ):

#174 5 years ago

I actually just resisted mine on eBay today wow lol. The notch is a nice touch. Looks great.

2 months later
#175 5 years ago

Just wanted to report in that I put my Super Mario out on location about 2 months ago or so, and for a 25 year old machine, it handles the public like a champ. Everyone loves the music and callouts, and it is holding its own against the modern Sterns in our lineup. A few people have said they remember seeing a Super Mario Bros. machine at their local pizza place or roller skating rink, so I am glad to bring it back out so they can relive those memories.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Just wanted to report in that I put my Super Mario out on location about 2 months ago or so, and for a 25 year old machine, it handles the public like a champ. Everyone loves the music and callouts, and it is holding its own against the modern Sterns in our lineup. A few people have said they remember seeing a Super Mario Bros. machine at their local pizza place or roller skating rink, so I am glad to bring it back out so they can relive those memories.

I can believe it. Mario and Nintendo are pretty popular right now. Gottlieb's in general are built like tanks. It's easy to play so casual players don't get intimidated. Accurate color, music and sounds. I heard from another operator that it's his top earner.

#177 5 years ago

Just put my Super Mario Bros pin out on location. Looking forward to sharing my love of pinball. Hopefully it will make a few bucks too.

4 weeks later
#178 5 years ago

Hi everyone! I just joined the club and I will be fixing SMB as a new year's project! Couldn't be happier since I really love the theme
Does anyone have the Gottlieb 1995 parts catalog in pdf format? I would appreciate it if someone could send me only the pages refering to SMB in pdf.
I want to determine whether I should buy the parts catalog from pbresource or not.

3 weeks later
#179 5 years ago

Here’s my Super Mario pin and my single monitor Playchoice out on location. The kids seem to like them both!

DA79EDE4-2B67-4B22-9133-D15807E1666D (resized).jpegDA79EDE4-2B67-4B22-9133-D15807E1666D (resized).jpeg
#180 5 years ago

Anyone in the Mid Atlantic Area considering selling one of these? I'm making the crossover from collecting video games for the last 10 years into Pinball and this would be a perfect 1st machine for me.

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from jonebone:

Anyone in the Mid Atlantic Area considering selling one of these? I'm making the crossover from collecting video games for the last 10 years into Pinball and this would be a perfect 1st machine for me.

Hey Jonebone, good to see you over here from nintendoage.
If anyone in his area has a Super Mario Bros PInball, sell it with confidence to Jonebone. He’s a good guy.
Also, if you haven’t yet, maybe try posting a wanted ad on the site as well. Might help your search.
I hope you find one!

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Here’s my Super Mario pin and my single monitor Playchoice out on location. The kids seem to like them both!
[quoted image]

I like that mushroom cap! Mario kills it at our location, and keeps pace with our modern Sterns even at 50 cents a play. My only complaint is we are having trouble getting people to realize where the start button is located. Had to make a sign for the coin door!

Quoted from jonebone:

Welcome to the hobby Jonebone! I hope you find one too. It was my first pinball machine, and it was a great starter pin, plus the family really enjoyed it. I put it out on location now because I was getting too used to the shots, but I don't think I could ever get rid of it. It's an awesome piece of Nintendo history.

#183 5 years ago

looking for one of these in ny near Rochester pms welcome

2 weeks later
#184 5 years ago

Anyone have the dimensions of the translight glass? I have a crack down the middle of mine, and would like to replace it.

#185 5 years ago

We gotta pressure some contemporary ramp maker to do a run of the plastic apron. They are all cracked! All of them.

#186 5 years ago

We gotta pressure some contemporary ramp maker to do a run of the plastic apron. They are all cracked! All of them.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Maybe PBR Resource? Where do you usually see the cracks? Now I want to check mine. I was having ball trough issues early on so I was always taking the apron off. I always see a lot of fade in the decals on the apron.

1 month later
#188 5 years ago

So, I just joined the club. I'm cleaning one up for location. Does anyone happen to have a source for a front cabinet decal? The rest of the paint is acceptable(and won't really be very visible where it is going), but the bolts they used for the bar across the coin door ruined the Mario and Luigi characters.

mario_jon (resized).jpgmario_jon (resized).jpg
#189 5 years ago

Is there any way too limit the amount of extra balls given for cave extra ball? It seems that any time that the ball spends a few seconds it the pops that an extra ball is awarded via cave.

Also i am unable to access any of the "fine tune adjustments" in the adjustments menu. They just don't appear.

#190 5 years ago

Picked up an SMB this morning from a guy 15 mins from my house. It's been in a home for the last 10 or so years. The previous owner serviced the flipper bushings, new rubbers and changed out all the lights to LEDs. All the mechs are stock. The lower playfield is in very good condition, the upper has a bit of wear. The cab is in decent shape, some nicks on the head. It plays excellent. I'm very happy with it. Can't wait to see what I can 3D print for it.

IMG_2709 (resized).jpgIMG_2709 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#191 5 years ago

funny shooting. more here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/alpinearcade/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2494641250579939

pinsidemush1 (resized).jpgpinsidemush1 (resized).jpgpinsidemush2 (resized).jpgpinsidemush2 (resized).jpg
#192 5 years ago
Quoted from leatherface:

Is there any way too limit the amount of extra balls given for cave extra ball? It seems that any time that the ball spends a few seconds it the pops that an extra ball is awarded via cave.
Also i am unable to access any of the "fine tune adjustments" in the adjustments menu. They just don't appear.

I was stacking up extra balls(to the tune of 5-6 at a time) until I adjusted the physical switches and set the cave extra ball to hard.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

hehe, well these spawned from phillymadison's original covers which are not available any longer (at least in the marketplace). Not sure on the size of things used, but it was just some PVC pipe(used for lower section) combined with a coupler (used for pipe 'rim'), then cut it to length, notched out a section on the bottom for the flasher dome, and spray painted em.. Pretty straight fwd.
Here's some vid footage (select that 4K resolution ):

Hey ScottyC how did you do the external colored flashers in your video? Looks awsome at night... Might have to invest in the colour dmd aswell

#194 5 years ago

Hey wako

I added a couple 12vdc LED strips along the bottom sides of the cab, and then a small one ran up the middle of the back of the cab. The strips had a single connection point.
Wiring for the LED strip(s):
-Hooked the +12vdc into a stand alone power supply I added (for the Pin2DMD and LED strips)
-Then the individual color ground wires I hooked into the flasher bulb grounds.
>> Blue ground from the strip hooked into the flasher on the bottom left under the plastic
>> Green ground hooked into the flasher on the lower right ramp
>> Red ground hooked into flasher on the Yoshi ramp (pretty sure this is where I hooked it up anyway)

screenshot.282 (resized).jpgscreenshot.282 (resized).jpgscreenshot.283 (resized).jpgscreenshot.283 (resized).jpg
#195 5 years ago

ScottyC

Thanks for the info! I really liked that effect.. Looked awsome in the dark...

Gonna give it a shot... SMB is my ultimate mod to the max machine and the one ill probally never sell.

Got a bit of love to give it in next month off work
Cheers!

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Put me down for one.. Mines trashed

1 month later
#197 4 years ago

Is it normal for SMB to show "SLAM" on the display during initial startup?

Thanks

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from DADDIO13:

Thanks

I don't think I've ever seen mine do that.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from DADDIO13:

Thanks

Definitely not normal. There's a slam tilt switch located on the coin door, could be your problem. I'd start there. If you have a schematic, take a look at it to find out the rest of the circuit involved with it.
By the way, does it start a game after boot up?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 17.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-club-lets-see-some-pics/page/4?hl=speederice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.