IMG_0461 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image3 (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20240128_184021 (resized).jpg
20240128_183956 (resized).jpg
IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from F348:

ahhh...wonderful, thanks a million Jeff!
Really appreciate it
My playfield..
016.JPG
017.JPG
018.JPG
019.JPG

How did you get the right hand side to be all green like that? It looks as though you added extra lights as I can't find anywhere on my machine to get that effect.....

1 week later
#102 8 years ago

I added a small figure from swedish hamburger chain Max. The toys were licensed by nintendo. Mario feathers in the pipe as it's a stamp toy so it has nice small wobble to it. The lid was broken as you see so I just turned it around. Ignore the pf wear. That will be fixed som day but now it has a varnish on to protect it in the meantime.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#103 7 years ago

Tried out for the first time to swap the GI to LED. Nothing extravagant, just followed the general color design and matched it. Major improvement! I still have a few bulbs to replace as it requires more disassembling. But it's sooo much better.

#104 7 years ago

I did a flipper rebuild on the lower 2 and now they aren't activating. The upper one is fine. The EOS switches are closed on the lowers, and not sure what more there is to look at. Anyone have a 5-second fix that's probably staring me right in the face?

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I did a flipper rebuild on the lower 2 and now they aren't activating. The upper one is fine. The EOS switches are closed on the lowers, and not sure what more there is to look at. Anyone have a 5-second fix that's probably staring me right in the face?

Gottlieb EOS switches are not very forgiving. They looked closed but they're not. Jumper them with an alligator clip or hold the flipper button in then push the EOS closed with your fingers (don't get pinched!).

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Gottlieb EOS switches are not very forgiving. They looked closed but they're not. Jumper them with an alligator clip or hold the flipper button in then push the EOS closed with your fingers (don't get pinched!).

Thanks, will investigate those further.

#107 7 years ago

Got my SMB together in time to take it to Allentown on Saturday. Happy to see people lined up 3 and 4 deep to play it all day!

#108 7 years ago

What's the blue button on the coin door for?

Like your LED's.

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from sparkup:

What's the blue button on the coin door for?
Like your LED's.

A previous owner had the bright idea of adding a free play button! I wasn't able to source a replacement door in time for the show.

3 weeks later
#110 7 years ago

1/2 done now,
Addedd pipes
Pin blades
Few LEDs my favourite are the comet rgb colour changing on the underside of back box as suggested I think on page 1
Toys

Now just need some shiny chrome and re-decal, and few touch ups of the blue, but I might wait to get the decals done 1st and colour match that.. Oh and new apron, mines cracked bad that's why there's more art in middle

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from wako:

1/2 done now,
Addedd pipes
Pin blades
Few LEDs my favourite are the comet rgb colour changing on the underside of back box as suggested I think on page 1
Toys
Now just need some shiny chrome and re-decal, and few touch ups of the blue, but I might wait to get the decals done 1st and colour match that.. Oh and new apron, mines cracked bad that's why there's more art in middle

Those pipes look pretty cool

#112 7 years ago

What manf and type LEDs is everyone using for their GI?
I bought frosted warm whites from Cointaker, but the sockets are deep enough that the frosted cap hits the playfield before the base can engage the socket.

#113 7 years ago

What is everyone using to secure the figures?

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

What is everyone using to secure the figures?

Turtle wax & coins

(Hot glue)

#115 7 years ago

Double-sided tape.

#116 7 years ago

Museum putty is the best, it does no permanent damage and will hold action figures in place.

#117 7 years ago

When I bought it the previous owner used a glue gun, they all fell off, I bought one off ebay and done them again and havent fallen off sofar..

The was no damage done where i removed old glue (but would want to make sure the print is on the under side as mario seems to be anyhow)

But these other options are probally better..

The slingshot plastics annoy me how the screw has rubbed off a small section of the plastic graphic...

and yes Thanks @phillymaddison they made it all the way down here to Australia The big pipe was a little affected by transit, But ok because on underside

#118 7 years ago

Theres 2 sets of lights on the back box.

ones with white wires (in groups of 2 for the castle level lights)
and ones with silver wires that are stapled to wood.

The castle level lights, all light up, But none of the others do on the.. Any ideas?

1 week later
#119 7 years ago

are all the flashers on this game #67? The ones in the very back on the top strip of mine are burnt out and I am looking to replace the 4 flashers on the playfield and 2 in the castle.

#120 7 years ago

Yes they are all the same kind of flasher bulb. There's also 2 in the ghost boo cave under the playfield.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Yes they are all the same kind of flasher bulb. There's also 2 in the ghost boo cave under the playfield.

Thanks. When you did the color match what # led did you get? I think the 67 are an odd voltage

#122 7 years ago

#89 bayonet base. They're 12v bulbs. I personally like Art's over at comet pinball.
http://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=8SMDFLASH

But for the 4 flashers that you put the pipes on I actually changed the plastic dome to match them and just put a white flasher bulb in them. Pinball life has those.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=309

#123 7 years ago

nice to see more pics of everyone's SMB games ..... I need to add more figures to mine

#124 7 years ago

yes. yes you do

2 weeks later
#125 7 years ago

45 days since I ordered my figures from China. I don't think they are gonna make it.

#126 7 years ago

#89 bayonet base. They're 12v bulbs. I personally like Art's over at comet pinball.
http://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=8SMDFLASH
But for the 4 flashers that you put the pipes on I actually changed the plastic dome to match them and just put a white flasher bulb in them. Pinball life has those.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=309

The colored 89s I got are not playing nice. The yellow works but the green blue and red will not. They work in other games and incandescent will work in smb. Hmmm...

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

45 days since I ordered my figures from China. I don't think they are gonna make it.

well that's a bummer

3 weeks later
#128 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Let's round it off and say 75 days for my figures to come.
To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

tmp_7817-20160823_215343-140353238.jpgtmp_7817-20160823_215343-140353238.jpg

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Let's round it off and say 75 days for my figures to come.
To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

If you are looking for alternatives, I think the ones I got on ebay with the brown bases are better quality.

ebay.com link: 13 PCS New Super Mario Bros 1 2 Figure Toy MS2421

That's just one of the available sets. I bought them all but have not had a chance to "install" on my Super Mario Mushroom World.

Let me know if you need close up pictures of any.

2 months later
#131 7 years ago

May have a lead on one of these...what is a fair price for one?

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

May have a lead on one of these...what is a fair price for one?

condition:
great: $3000+
good: $2000-2500
ok: $2000
bad: $1500

Ive seen bad ones sell for more than $1500. This theme is HOT. I always wanted one but not at these prices.

#133 7 years ago

Just picked up a SMB this past weekend. Overall the playfield is in pretty good shape, and has been full LED'd. The cabinet is in need of some work and artwork refresh. I have a couple LEDs which do not light up at all (Yoshi, Feather, 2 pop bumpers, and the 1M) so need to look into those. The DMD is a little off..tends to fade at the top of every image. Has anyone looked into or completed a pin2DMD for this machine yet? Just started looking into it and I'm a little confused, lol.

Loving it so far! The sounds are awesome, and it's a very fun game to play. Actually hit 777 last night and got the 200M

More photos and vids here: https://goo.gl/photos/dWLYix1txnADwii27

1 month later
#134 7 years ago

does anyone know the blue paintcode for the cabinet? I need to paint mine and having trouble matching it.

2 months later
#135 7 years ago
Quoted from thepita007:

does anyone know the blue paintcode for the cabinet? I need to paint mine and having trouble matching it.

"Master's Touch" brand, Acrylic, "Sky Blue, SA360" is incredibly close. I got it at Hobby Lobby. Looks good to me

***This is an edit addition....I'm thinking maybe it was "Lake Blue, SA350"..it's one of the two.

#136 7 years ago

I have some dead upkickers and a dead sling on mine I'm trying to get expertise on, I posted about it earlier. I'm posting the link here hoping one of you with expertise can add some insight.

Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-dead-slingshot-and-dead-upkicker

1 week later
#137 7 years ago

Having some trouble with the ball release of my SMB. Every other game or so, it releases 2 balls for Ball 2, and then auto-fires them off. Has anyone had this happen before with their games and have any tips on a fix?
Then if I let the "extra" ball drain immediately, it will release another ball, like a ball save - which this game doesn't have.

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Having some trouble with the ball release of my SMB. Every other game or so, it releases 2 balls for Ball 2, and then auto-fires them off. Has anyone had this happen before with their games and have any tips on a fix?
Then if I let the "extra" ball drain immediately, it will release another ball, like a ball save - which this game doesn't have.

Check the switches in the ball through. Take the apron off and use a ball to see if its activating each switch. Also make sure there isn't and divots in the through that the balls could get stuck in. If there is file them out to be even with the rest of the through. If everything looks good play a few games with the glass and apron off and notice how the balls are doing when they drain. If they're not draining to the shooter and getting stuck in the through do some adjusting.

#139 7 years ago

Check the switches in the ball through. Take the apron off and use a ball to see if its activating each switch. Also make sure there isn't and divots in the through that the balls could get stuck in. If there is file them out to be even with the rest of the through. If everything looks good play a few games with the glass and apron off and notice how the balls are doing when they drain. If they're not draining to the shooter and getting stuck in the through do some adjusting.

Thank you so much for the reply!!! I took the apron off and found that after a ball drains, the kicker is kicking that ball into the next ball in the trough so hard, it falls back down the trough...only to be kicked back into the ball again, which starts the reaction where the mechanism releases the second ball. Is there any way to dial back the speed at which the kicker hits the balls down the trough to slow the ball down?

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Thank you so much for the reply!!! I took the apron off and found that after a ball drains, the kicker is kicking that ball into the next ball in the trough so hard, it falls back down the trough...only to be kicked back into the ball again, which starts the reaction where the mechanism releases the second ball. Is there any way to dial back the speed at which the kicker hits the balls down the trough to slow the ball down?

Is your trough gate missing? The balls should go through the gate but not be able to go back up it.

#141 7 years ago

Is your trough gate missing? The balls should go through the gate but not be able to go back up it.

I think it's still there. There is a little metal wire piece that is bent across the trough between the kicker and the resting balls. When I took the apron off, I saw it looked like the previous owner had tried to strengthen that piece with electrical tape on the side. But the tape wasn't attached to anything anymore so I took it off. The drained ball hits the other balls so fast, it just goes back under the gate and falls back down the trough. Maybe my gate isn't bent the correct way?

They don't show the trough in the manual so I'm not sure if this piece is really the trough gate or if it's even installed correctly. I'll crack it open and take some pictures to post as soon as I can. Thanks again for your help!

#142 7 years ago

Just an update. Did a little work on that trough gate, and haven't experienced any more issues! Now to work on my sound board...The music cuts out after about 3-5 minutes of play, and only intermittent sounds will play after that. I found another forum thread from someone with a similar issue with their SMB so I am going to follow the steps over there and try to get my sweet Mario tunes back!

1 week later
#143 7 years ago

Getting ready to do a complete restore on mine (clear coat, new ramps, lamps, stickers, cabinet..etc etc..) Anyone ever remove all the mylar on the upper and lower playfields? Wondering what things to expect or surprises to avoid. Mainly worried about the insert graphics being affected during the removal process.

#144 7 years ago

There is a set of Super Mario McDonald's Happy Meal Toys coming to the U.S. soon, which might make decent playfield toys. These are already out in the U.K. Check out Luigi in the yellow pipe!

More info here: http://nintendowire.com/news/2017/04/06/mcdonalds-latest-wave-super-mario-bros-happy-meal-toys-coming-north-america/

McDonalds-NextToys-MarioBros-1024x604 (resized).jpgMcDonalds-NextToys-MarioBros-1024x604 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#145 6 years ago

i have 2 Yoshi's if someone wants to trade.

the Luigi in the pipe would be awesome to have.

#146 6 years ago

Have these so far

IMG_9262 (resized).JPGIMG_9262 (resized).JPG

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Have these so far

I scored the Mario and Luigi. If I find a second one, I'll let you know! Good luck with the search!

Hallmark is also releasing Super Mario ornaments this year (Mario, Yoshi, and Luigi) - probably too big for the playfield, but I just wanted to share: http://www.hallmark.com/search?q=super+mario

Super-Mario-Ornament-root-1595QXI1412_QXI1412_1470_1_jpg_Source_Image (resized).jpgSuper-Mario-Ornament-root-1595QXI1412_QXI1412_1470_1_jpg_Source_Image (resized).jpg

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

I scored the Mario and Luigi. If I find a second one, I'll let you know! Good luck with the search!
Hallmark is also releasing Super Mario ornaments this year (Mario, Yoshi, and Luigi) - probably too big for the playfield, but I just wanted to share: http://www.hallmark.com/search?q=super+mario

cool. have to get that for the tree

#149 6 years ago

Originally thought the clear Mario would make a good flasher cover after pulling out the base... After trying it out, it would definitely need a paint job to stand out and look right. I guess the kids can keep their toys this time around, but if the next trip yields the Bowser, they are out of luck.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Originally thought the clear Mario would make a good flasher cover after pulling out the base... After trying it out, it would definitely need a paint job to stand out and look right. I guess the kids can keep their toys this time around, but if the next trip yields the Bowser, they are out of luck.

i was thinking same thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 17.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-club-lets-see-some-pics/page/3?hl=mutt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.