IMG_0461 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image3 (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20240128_184021 (resized).jpg
20240128_183956 (resized).jpg
IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from iDD:

good eye ! - correct on the new vinyls - I stripped, painted & re-wrapped the cabinet and head box sides - a freind made the decals up from scratch with the closest artwork I could find or re-make.

Mario Decals.JPG 211 KB

Hi. Great Job with the artwork decals. I would need such decals for my project. Could you please contact me? Or does anyone know, where i could find them?
CU

Post edited by wolfens: Update

#52 9 years ago

20140228_195009.jpg20140228_195009.jpg20140228_195114.jpg20140228_195114.jpg

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

20140228_195114.jpg 218 KB

20140228_195009.jpg 187 KB

looking great !!!
i have lighting envy now

2 weeks later
#54 9 years ago

As the newest game in my collection, SMB is currently my go-to game. I am still really liking it! It's probably staying in my collection for the long term. I don't think anything that I've read other people complain about bothers me at all.

I generally play games to complete objectives vs. always trying to do what scores highest. Though, I've read about people saying you only have to hit the left ramp to score big and that's what they hate about this game. Under what conditions is that the case? It doesn't seem to score much for me in comparison with anything else...

I see where starting the bomb mode and hitting the bomb target activates the 25million light in the top VUK, but other than that, what about the ramp helps in scoring high? Even activating that light isn't something that's guaranteed from the beginning. You might have to activate a few modes to get to that mode, and then you have to hit the bomb target within the time limit (if you can get control of the ball from bouncing between slingshots and holes), and then the light is only active for that turn, so you have to be what I'd consider pretty skilled to keep getting the ball into that hole indefinitely. Maybe I just suck, but getting to that point doesn't exactly seem easy and not easy enough that I'd call the game a one trick pony.

#55 9 years ago

I was thinking a fun mod for this game would be replacing those 3 plastic signs that just have text on them with some character artwork and maybe having the characters say the text in a word bubble.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

As the newest game in my collection, SMB is currently my go-to game. I am still really liking it! It's probably staying in my collection for the long term. I don't think anything that I've read other people complain about bothers me at all.
I generally play games to complete objectives vs. always trying to do what scores highest. Though, I've read about people saying you only have to hit the left ramp to score big and that's what they hate about this game. Under what conditions is that the case? It doesn't seem to score much for me in comparison with anything else...
I see where starting the bomb mode and hitting the bomb target activates the 25million light in the top VUK, but other than that, what about the ramp helps in scoring high? Even activating that light isn't something that's guaranteed from the beginning. You might have to activate a few modes to get to that mode, and then you have to hit the bomb target within the time limit (if you can get control of the ball from bouncing between slingshots and holes), and then the light is only active for that turn, so you have to be what I'd consider pretty skilled to keep getting the ball into that hole indefinitely. Maybe I just suck, but getting to that point doesn't exactly seem easy and not easy enough that I'd call the game a one trick pony.

I don't think the ramp is the answer at all. Sure with the bomb round done the kicker in the upper PF is worth 20m, but that kicker leads to the left flipper. That ramp is not easy to backhand at all, which would make for a secure loop.

The way to monster points is to light SUPER, get multiball, and pick the Exlimation Round mode all at once. The timer stops every time you put a ball in a kicker, but keeps track of all "!" hits while the timer is stopped. With a multiball going you can make that 30 second mode timer go for a rather long time.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The way to monster points is to light SUPER, get multiball, and pick the Exlimation Round mode all at once. The timer stops every time you put a ball in a kicker, but keeps track of all "!" hits while the timer is stopped. With a multiball going you can make that 30 second mode timer go for a rather long time.

That, too, seems like it would take a bit of skill and time to get it activated. It's definitely not a given, right? There's a chance you won't get exclamation round as a choice for a few tries, right? That means you have to queue up multiball, collect super up to SUPE, and then complete super, activate multiball and start a round all in the lower left kickout every time, right? That's not exactly easy.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

That, too, seems like it would take a bit of skill and time to get it activated. It's definitely not a given, right? There's a chance you won't get exclamation round as a choice for a few tries, right? That means you have to queue up multiball, collect super up to SUPE, and then complete super, activate multiball and start a round all in the lower left kickout every time, right? That's not exactly easy.

This is true. The random choice of any 2 modes makes it less than a sure thing. But, even in single ball, "!" round is easy to be worth more than say a multiball and super pop mode.

#59 9 years ago

What are you considering big points to be

#60 9 years ago

For my machine, 60m is average (with some 20m in there on the stinkers), 200m is decent, 600m+ is pretty darn good. I've gone over a billion a few times, but at least a few of those are bogus because of a ramp opto issue that comes up every now and then. It will trigger like crazy on random games and in "!" mode that ramp is one of the shots.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

What are you considering big points to be

I consider big points to be whatever everyone considers them to be when they say the left ramp is the only shot in this game. What are they talking about?

Again, I'm not a great player. I think my best game so far has been about 120M and I think that included at least one extra ball and activating the upper 20m and hitting it a few times.

Quoted from desertT1:

with some 20m in there on the stinkers

Ha, that might be my average! A stinker for me is under 5M and it happens.

#62 9 years ago

Well, I've had mine for 4 years now, so I've had some time to feel it out. Once you get some more time on it and the shots come from memory, your averages will improve.

Shoot, I just got Yoshi countdouwn for the first time recently. That's got to be the hardest thing on that machine, IMO. Those points count down really fast.

#63 9 years ago

Oh ok I got ya. I think that 175 million is a decent game for me without trying to build the score.

First shot I try to repetively hit up yoshi as many times as I can.

Next I go for the sequential numbers to light the mutliball. I do not actively shoot for the multiball but I like it lit

Next start lighting the three turtles to unlock a mini game.

Always keep those turtles lit and multiball because that is where the big point are.

In multiball if you can cradle two balls on the right and one on the left you should be able to repetively hit the jackpot (castle). The VUK should kick it right back to the left flipper. This takes quite a bit of skill and I'm not that good either otherwise I would still be scoring.

In every mini game there is an opportunity for points. You don't have to repetively hit the left ramp. I'm actually going to turn it on right now. Super fun game.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Oh ok I got ya. I think that 175 million is a decent game for me without trying to build the score.
First shot I try to repetively hit up yoshi as many times as I can.
Next I go for the sequential numbers to light the mutliball. I do not actively shoot for the multiball but I like it lit
Next start lighting the three turtles to unlock a mini game.
Always keep those turtles lit and multiball because that is where the big point are.
In multiball if you can cradle two balls on the right and one on the left you should be able to repetively hit the jackpot (castle). The VUK should kick it right back to the left flipper. This takes quite a bit of skill and I'm not that good either otherwise I would still be scoring.
In every mini game there is an opportunity for points. You don't have to repetively hit the left ramp. I'm actually going to turn it on right now. Super fun game.

Hitting that left flipper jackpot shot a few times in a row is probably the most fun thing to do in the game. It's not worth the most points in the game, but it's worth a decent amount and it's so much fun that hitting it a few times in a row is really enjoyable. Looping the left ramp is a lot of fun too. If I get in a rhythm doing the ramp, I'll just keep doing it until I mess up because it's fun.

#65 9 years ago

Yeah. The jackpot does escalate to a decent amount on multiple hits and it is a ton of fun. Good lights and sounds.

If you can master video mode it is easy to trigger and can add up points too.

#66 9 years ago

I suck at the video mode. Completed it once, almost on accident. I wasn't paying attention and jumped late. Come to find out that's what you are supposed to do because jumping when you think it is proper is too soon.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I suck at the video mode. Completed it once, almost on accident. I wasn't paying attention and jumped late. Come to find out that's what you are supposed to do because jumping when you think it is proper is too soon.

It really made me mad before I figured this out. My wife who is a huge mario fan still hates the video mode.

#68 9 years ago

Speaking of points. 30 million for completing the video mode. I also had the jackpot up to 40 million on multiball. It multiplies every time you hit it. I am not surer if it tops out though.

#69 9 years ago

40m is the highest I remember ever seeing it. If I'm in MB, but not in a mode, I will attempt the JP loop. 40m is what I see. In a 2-ball, 20m might be the max though, since 3-ball requires SUPER, which also is double scoring on modes.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

40m is the highest I remember ever seeing it. If I'm in MB, but not in a mode, I will attempt the JP loop. 40m is what I see. In a 2-ball, 20m might be the max though, since 3-ball requires SUPER, which also is double scoring on modes.

There you go. I was in super with three ball multi ball. Cradled two balls to the right flipper and just went after the jackpot. Right VUK kick to my left flipper. I missed it one time and hit the pop bumper and then jumbled all the balls and lost every one of them lol.

#71 9 years ago

Pick up a SMB for my nephew last week,
in really good condition, box 7/10,
pf 9/10, led throughout.

001.JPG001.JPG
10988538_10206143708173503_3929109603304909876_n.jpg10988538_10206143708173503_3929109603304909876_n.jpg
002.JPG002.JPG

#72 9 years ago

does anyone know the paint code for the blue cabinet paint on Super Mario Bros?

7 months later
#73 8 years ago

just bought a rare smb mushroom world getting shipped soon cant wait lol

1 month later
#74 8 years ago

Here is mine, just restored from top to bottom.
New cab decals, full LED, chrome T-molding around backbox, powder coated lockdown bar/side rails, painted black legs, painted cabinet.
+ I've added 4 new GI light sockets under the green ramp, to lighten up the dark corner, + one under the red ramp.
Plays great now
Apart from one tiny thing, hope someone could please tell me what wires go where on the "kicksave" coil..
I THINK...white w/red, black are on the right lug
and white w/pink, black on the left...

Can anyone PLEASE check for me??
Cheers!
007.JPG007.JPG
008.JPG008.JPG
009.jpg009.jpg
010.jpg010.jpg
011.JPG011.JPG
012.JPG012.JPG
013.JPG013.JPG
014.JPG014.JPG

#75 8 years ago

Looks really nice. Well done.

#76 8 years ago

my machine is white with red and black on the right and white with red and purple on the left (looking at it from under playfield)

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffLadder:

my machine is white with red and black on the right and white with red and purple on the left (looking at it from under playfield)

ahhh...wonderful, thanks a million Jeff!
Really appreciate it

My playfield..
016.JPG016.JPG
017.JPG017.JPG
018.JPG018.JPG
019.JPG019.JPG

1 month later
#78 8 years ago

My Plunger isn't getting the ball all the way around any more. Is that just a new sleeve that I need, or something more?

#79 8 years ago

I had a mushroom world, cool little pin!

Id love to try the blue one, if someone in canada ever wants to sell theirs, send me a pm

#80 8 years ago

Could a Mario owner please inform me of the correct coil for the Kickback?

I haven't got the manual and I believe the one in mine is incorrect. Thanks in advance

#81 8 years ago

Can anyone please tell me what's the difference between , super mario mushroom world and the standard super mario bros? Thanx in advance .

#82 8 years ago

Mushroom World is more of a redemption pin and is physically not as deep. The blue one is as full size as the rest of the 90's Gottliebs.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from 4_amusement_only:

Could a Mario owner please inform me of the correct coil for the Kickback?
I haven't got the manual and I believe the one in mine is incorrect. Thanks in advance

A-19300

#84 8 years ago

To those who like putting figures on their games, here's a really nice Yoshi figure I found: http://www.amazon.com/Medicom-Nintendo-Detail-Figure-Series/dp/B00HE803Z8

It's modeled to match the style of the Super Mario World art, so it should match the game perfectly! (I honestly don't like the way it looks when people put modern Mario stuff on this machine, but that's just me.)

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Can anyone please tell me what's the difference between , super mario Mushroom World and the standard Super Mario Bros? Thanx in advance .

mushroom world is also extremely hard to find they only made 500ish of them and can be set up height wise for kids.also seems modeled after super mario 3 even the yellow outside looks like a nintendo box.

#86 8 years ago

Ahh cool, thanx guys so there's no difference in game play ?

#87 8 years ago

Thanks for the coil number

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Ahh cool, thanx guys so there's no difference in game play ?

No, they're totally different games:

SMB: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2435&picno=5138&zoom=1

Mushroom World: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3427&picno=54830&zoom=1

#89 8 years ago

Cool
Thanx for the info, super mario is a fun game, the mushroom world looks great would love to find one, but they look very rare.

#90 8 years ago

I have a chance to get a SMB but the cabinet has seen better days. Where can I get some new decals for it?

3 weeks later
#91 8 years ago

So my machine is on route and the manual is inside of it. Can somebody with the manual see if it lists the part number for the plunger bracket? Mine has worn to the point that the pin has a lot of slop and it's now short plunging every time. I took a picture of the bracket, but none of the usual suspects seem to have the part. I'll track it down by part number now if needed.

EDIT: Just stumbled on to it. A-15819

#92 8 years ago

Cab Decal Time!

Mario_Cab_Decals_-_Copy_(resized).jpgMario_Cab_Decals_-_Copy_(resized).jpg

#93 8 years ago

Game for sale in Hagerstown md if interested. Pm me.

20160114_101039_(resized).jpg20160114_101039_(resized).jpg

20160114_101155_(resized).jpg20160114_101155_(resized).jpg

20160114_101209_(resized).jpg20160114_101209_(resized).jpg

20160114_102233_(resized).jpg20160114_102233_(resized).jpg

20160114_102242_(resized).jpg20160114_102242_(resized).jpg

#94 8 years ago

I would like to be the newest member of this club - my machine has had LED's and Cliffy Protectors added, any other improvement ideas most welcome!
Here is my machine

IMG_0379_(resized).JPGIMG_0379_(resized).JPG

1 month later
#95 8 years ago

SMB is in the house! I have some mods planned for this while its here.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 month later
#96 8 years ago

Anyone happen to know what type of bulbs are under the S*U*P*E*R? I have one that is getting a little dim even though it was an LED and would like to replace it.

Thanks!

#97 8 years ago

Picked one up a few weeks ago in Texas, it's the nicest one I've seen. I'm sure there are better, but very happy with how little wear this one has.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

Picked one up a few weeks ago in Texas, it's the nicest one I've seen. I'm sure there are better, but very happy with how little wear this one has.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Glad you are happy with it. I hope you enjoy it

#99 8 years ago

Really a good game. When people come over to play pinball who are not regular pinball players, they all gravitate to SMB.

1798194_10204065270206547_4582041188391226510_n_(resized).jpg1798194_10204065270206547_4582041188391226510_n_(resized).jpg

11264865_10205820962177749_4023703437253172799_n_(resized).jpg11264865_10205820962177749_4023703437253172799_n_(resized).jpg

#100 8 years ago

Looks great, how much did you get it for?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-mario-bros-club-lets-see-some-pics/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.