• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

eos_open_tz.jpg
5163050221_fda9089ddf.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I just did a flipper rebuild on my new shopped MNF. I got in two games and smelled something funny I opened her up and the flipper coils are extremely hot. What is going on here? That is bad right? I dont get it everything looks the exact same as when I started. Any help would be great.

#2 12 years ago

It sounds like your EOS, (end of stroke switches), are not gapped properly so the high power windings on the coil are staying energized at the end of the flipper stroke. I'm not sure if MNF has normally open switches or normally closed.

#3 12 years ago

To clarify the first picture is a "normally closed" EOS switch. The gap on the contacts should be around 1/8" with the flipper in the up position.

The second picture is "normally open" EOS switch. The gap should be open around 1/8" with the flipper in the resting position and closed with the flipper in the up position. Your game will have one of these two options.

5163050221_fda9089ddf.jpg5163050221_fda9089ddf.jpg eos_open_tz.jpgeos_open_tz.jpg

#4 12 years ago

Thanks for the assistance it was invaluable. I was able to gap the prongs and they worked perfectly and stayed cool.

#5 12 years ago

Glad to hear it! Enjoy the game.

#6 12 years ago

Getting there. It seems that fixing that issue only brought another about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-hot-flipper-coils and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.