3EDBDF05-761C-48AD-ACF3-14872A60902C (resized).jpeg
7F10EA6E-B8EE-47BB-B8FA-08C698583381 (resized).jpeg
9515C68D-F478-451D-911A-BB64194A89D7 (resized).jpeg
F7B563CF-B93F-4E87-A1DF-5BCA8C6A77DD (resized).jpeg
coin-door (resized).jpg
coin-door (resized).jpg
coin-door (resized).jpg
strato (resized).jpg
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from Matthew2000tx:

Hi I just picked up a project SF at TPF. Does anyone have a graphic depicting the relay labels under the playfield and also what each fuse is and what rating it is. My labels are very faded.
Thanks
[quoted image]

Mech board
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-dy-no-mite-strato-flite/page/2#post-6739710
Fuse holder
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-dy-no-mite-strato-flite/page/2#post-6745399
Playfield
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-dy-no-mite-strato-flite/page/2#post-6746581

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

That is some fantastic work. That machine looks awesome!!

Thanks! I’m trying to do this game some justice.

1 week later
#55 2 years ago

Hello *-flite owners!

I am the proud father of a Strato-Flight adopted back in mid-February 2022. It was in a basement and off for 5-years -- something fell on the machine and broke the playfield glass and cracked the ball tray in the upper playfield so it sat there and ejected over and over when powered. So they stopped playing. It had several other electrical issues as well and so apparently fell out of favor. I hope to put it up for sale in the next week or so (wood knocking!).

I'm planning to post the full story soon as the renovation is nearly complete. It is playing like a champ now and my entire family really enjoys playing this one.

My last issue is that in a multiplayer game the first player gets a second ball each "round". As I was chasing this, however, I noticed that the user guide I got off of IPDB shows the ball index and tilt relays have 4 switches each, but when I look in the cabinet there are 5 on each. So I think the user manual page might be incorrect? I can post pictures, just wondering if anyone can confirm that 5 switches each is correct? These are the second and third relays against the left side of the cabinet.

Thanks! This is a fantastic game and I am very proud to get another one out into the wild -- this baby loves to be played!

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Matthew2000tx:

Hi I just picked up a project SF at TPF. Does anyone have a graphic depicting the relay labels under the playfield and also what each fuse is and what rating it is. My labels are very faded.
Thanks
[quoted image]

So whats up man, you get what you need? You joined the club then vanished! This thread needs more loving, tell us about this game you're working on.

#57 2 years ago

Original post removed: wrong thread sorry, ignore post

7 months later
#58 1 year ago

Any one happen to have a right sling plastic that isn’t scratched or cracked? Mine has a scratch from the kicker. Wouldn’t mind replacing it with a nice original instead of trying to reproduce one.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Any one happen to have a right sling plastic that isn’t scratched or cracked? Mine has a scratch from the kicker. Wouldn’t mind replacing it with a nice original instead of trying to reproduce one.

And if anyone had an extra center target plastic that isn't cracked please let me know...

20221208_185830 (resized).jpg20221208_185830 (resized).jpg
#60 1 year ago
Quoted from stavio:

And if anyone had an extra center target plastic that isn't cracked please let me know...
[quoted image]

Fresh damage or cracked before the refurb?

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Fresh damage or cracked before the refurb?

Been cracked for decades

#62 1 year ago

I’ve been playing the crap out of my Strato flite lately. I love how fast it is. Also how inconsistent things go, one game I’ll roll the score reels the next I’ll drain and game over within a minute.

#63 1 year ago

Same here. Some times getting the gates open consistently then other times only getting 500 points out of the top goody hole. My Super-Flite still holds its own not only in my eyes, and flipper button fingers, but with guests. It sits between Simpson's Pinball Party and Attack From Mars remake LE and gets just as much action. It's fast but approachable. Hard to get the special but easy to figure out. Definitely a great machine!

3 weeks later
#64 1 year ago

Anyone have part numbers for the pop bumper bodies and skirts? Or just picked up bumper skirts that are white? I see the white bodies for Williams games but not sure if they are right ones….

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from Crzipilot:

Anyone have part numbers for the pop bumper bodies and skirts? Or just picked up bumper skirts that are white? I see the white bodies for Williams games but not sure if they are right ones….

https://online.fliphtml5.com/vrtyz/porq/#p=32

FE18EA08-7E0D-43A6-835D-62F2D3C2A2DD (resized).pngFE18EA08-7E0D-43A6-835D-62F2D3C2A2DD (resized).png
3 weeks later
#66 1 year ago

Hoping this topic is still alive Im looking for the center plastic or a hd scan of it to make my own ( last resort ) for my Strato Flite if anyone has 1 available....... Saved my machine from a bonfire took it home and spent months getting it back to life . its about 90% there but looking good and plays great .. Only problem is getting used to the speed blink and the ball is gone ... and has often gone down the left out lane so fast that its gone straight through and ended back in the shoot lane... So fingers crossed... Also bought new rubber kit from the U.S but the flipper rubbers are too small
so need the correct size to re order if anyone can advise me.... i can use the small ones on my Hot Line .....also noticed from the pics posted the bumper cap clouds are light blue where mine are white ???

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from Prezzo:

Hoping this topic is still alive Im looking for the center plastic or a hd scan of it to make my own ( last resort ) for my Strato Flite if anyone has 1 available....... Saved my machine from a bonfire took it home and spent months getting it back to life . its about 90% there but looking good and plays great .. Only problem is getting used to the speed blink and the ball is gone ... and has often gone down the left out lane so fast that its gone straight through and ended back in the shoot lane... So fingers crossed... Also bought new rubber kit from the U.S but the flipper rubbers are too small
so need the correct size to re order if anyone can advise me.... i can use the small ones on my Hot Line .....also noticed from the pics posted the bumper cap clouds are light blue where mine are white ???

Congrats on saving it from the fire!

The flipper rubbers are standard Williams, hopefully they didn't send you Gottleib ones which are shorter.

Bumper caps are definitely blue-ish green. They match the green on the playfield like the path to the right outlane but not as blue as the clouds under them.

I need a center target plastic too so if you find a source...

20190602_110217 (resized).jpg20190602_110217 (resized).jpg20190602_110254 (resized).jpg20190602_110254 (resized).jpg
#68 1 year ago
Quoted from stavio:

Congrats on saving it from the fire!
The flipper rubbers are standard Williams, hopefully they didn't send you Gottleib ones which are shorter.
Bumper caps are definitely blue-ish green. They match the green on the playfield like the path to the right outlane but not as blue as the clouds under them.
I need a center target plastic too so if you find a source...
[quoted image][quoted image]

If You can source a quality scan original size I will be able to find someone to inkjet on to Maylar I already have the carbonate sheet and dont mind making 2 if they turn out good and post you 1 gratis

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Prezzo:

If You can source a quality scan original size I will be able to find someone to inkjet on to Maylar I already have the carbonate sheet and dont mind making 2 if they turn out good and post you 1 gratis

strato (resized).jpgstrato (resized).jpg
#70 1 year ago
Quoted from Prezzo:

[quoted image]

the flipper rubbers are the correct ones looked at your pic.. same as yours just very tight fit... had thin yellow ones
on

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Prezzo:

Thats the one

coin-door (resized).jpgcoin-door (resized).jpg
#75 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I’ve been playing the crap out of my Strato flite lately. I love how fast it is. Also how inconsistent things go, one game I’ll roll the score reels the next I’ll drain and game over within a minute.

coin-door (resized).jpgcoin-door (resized).jpg
#76 1 year ago
Quoted from Prezzo:

[quoted image]

Here’s what mine looks like. I hope this helps you out. I captured the mech board settings as well.

7F10EA6E-B8EE-47BB-B8FA-08C698583381 (resized).jpeg7F10EA6E-B8EE-47BB-B8FA-08C698583381 (resized).jpegF7B563CF-B93F-4E87-A1DF-5BCA8C6A77DD (resized).jpegF7B563CF-B93F-4E87-A1DF-5BCA8C6A77DD (resized).jpeg3EDBDF05-761C-48AD-ACF3-14872A60902C (resized).jpeg3EDBDF05-761C-48AD-ACF3-14872A60902C (resized).jpeg9515C68D-F478-451D-911A-BB64194A89D7 (resized).jpeg9515C68D-F478-451D-911A-BB64194A89D7 (resized).jpeg7588DDF2-38BC-457C-A4CC-390CEA857964 (resized).jpeg7588DDF2-38BC-457C-A4CC-390CEA857964 (resized).jpeg833988A7-FFF4-48EE-B764-AA11AF2C65F3 (resized).jpeg833988A7-FFF4-48EE-B764-AA11AF2C65F3 (resized).jpeg
#77 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Here’s what mine looks like. I hope this helps you out. I captured the mech board settings as well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My jack plugs are in the same positions and same wires soldered as per your pic but still the same problem only goes to 2 players but if i give the white and black wire a power source from jumper from the reset button it will go to 3 and 4 players... any ideas whats wrong ?

Quoted from mrm_4:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from Prezzo:

My jack plugs are in the same positions and same wires soldered as per your pic but still the same problem only goes to 2 players but if i give the white and black wire a power source from jumper from the reset button it will go to 3 and 4 players... any ideas whats wrong ?
[quoted image]

8871b5bf-13ee-4e80-8d75-c901acc6a2ad (1) (resized).jpg8871b5bf-13ee-4e80-8d75-c901acc6a2ad (1) (resized).jpg
#79 1 year ago
Quoted from Prezzo:

[quoted image]

Kind of hard to say without seeing it and knowing more. If you have several credits on the game and you hit start one time you should get a one player game and then be able to add a player 3 more times. The coin unit on the mech board controls the number of players. You may need to look at that to see if the switches and contacts of the spider are all clean and adjusted properly. This could take several posts and pictures to help with, may need to start a separate tech thread so others can chime in and help.

I have a lot of detailed pictures in this thread that might help, but I still think you should create a separate thread for this.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-dy-no-mite-strato-flite

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Kind of hard to say without seeing it and knowing more. If you have several credits on the game and you hit start one time you should get a one player game and then be able to add a player 3 more times. The coin unit on the mech board controls the number of players. You may need to look at that to see if the switches and contacts of the spider are all clean and adjusted properly. This could take several posts and pictures to help with, may need to start a separate tech thread so others can chime in and help.
I have a lot of detailed pictures in this thread that might help, but I still think you should create a separate thread for this.

Will do... I was thinking logics about the coil unit as im not the best at schematics
will have a go at the weekend thanks

#81 1 year ago

New member. Fun game for sure

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from Prezzo:

Will do... I was thinking logics about the coil unit as im not the best at schematics
will have a go at the weekend thanks

Wire problem to switches seems to be sorted copied your pics credits are clocking up Great on 25c and also relate to jack plug positions, but 10c clocks up 3 credits in all jack plug positions even when unplugged

Problems still to solve that I cant find

1. When the replay button is pressed it will only step up to 2 players then nothing happens when pressed again for 3/4 players
2. Bonus counts up fine but incorrect scores random on countdown its not getting the right pulses from score motor... I think its a bad switch that is supposed to stay closed while the score motor runs through indexing

#83 1 year ago

Wire problem to switches seems to be sorted copied your pics credits are clocking up Great on 25c and also relate to jack plug positions, but 10c clocks up 3 credits in all jack plug positions even when unplugged

1. When the replay button is pressed it will only step up to 2 players then nothing happens when pressed again for 3/4 players
2. Bonus counts up fine but incorrect scores random on countdown its not getting the right pulses from score motor... I think its a bad switch that is supposed to stay closed while the score motor runs through indexing

Quoted from Prezzo:

SOLVED..... the bonus problem a spring was too slack on the bonus unit it was skipping teeth during step down HAPPY DAYS !!

NOW JUST PROBLEM 1.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

looked through it all thats how I fixed most of the problems... great build and the photos detailing fantastic it will help so many members regardless of what pin they have GREAT JOB Hand up up to you

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from Prezzo:

NOW JUST PROBLEM 1.

There is a switch on the coin unit that is closed that activates the replay relay. It opens when the unit moves to position 4. Check that it is not opening before.

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from frb:

There is a switch on the coin unit that is closed that activates the replay relay. It opens when the unit moves to position 4. Check that it is not opening before.

Thanks seems ok now, checked it was open as you described so manually made the switch and pressed replay it now clocks up so ive adjusted it and realized it had been mounted wrong

Do you know the game over light circuit ? ive checked the bulbs they are ok and i have got power to the game over relay on the make break Im only learning schematics and get lost when im looking for circuit steps, they where working about 3 weeks ago, the machine still works ok, sets everything to 0 and starts all other lights work after sorting the relay bank. What a job that was !! LOL

This machine was incredibly dirty inside and out and ive spent most of the time cleaning and adjusting all the switches not had to replace much jut the odd coil.spring and bulbs so ive missed something

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from Prezzo:

Thanks seems ok now, checked it was open as you described so manually made the switch and pressed replay it now clocks up so ive adjusted it and realized it had been mounted wrong
Do you know the game over light circuit ? ive checked the bulbs they are ok and i have got power to the game over relay on the make break Im only learning schematics and get lost when im looking for circuit steps, they where working about 3 weeks ago, the machine still works ok, sets everything to 0 and starts all other lights work after sorting the relay bank. What a job that was !! LOL
This machine was incredibly dirty inside and out and ive spent most of the time cleaning and adjusting all the switches not had to replace much jut the odd coil.spring and bulbs so ive missed something

The game over light circuit is directly thru the game over relay. According to schematic it is the switch with the grey/orange wire. If not the issue I would reseat the jones plug in head and make sure all are clean. Bad connections there can cause gremlins. Pay attention to the grey/orange wire on the plug

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from frb:

The game over light circuit is directly thru the game over relay. According to schematic it is the switch with the grey/orange wire. If not the issue I would reseat the jones plug in head and make sure all are clean. Bad connections there can cause gremlins. Pay attention to the grey/orange wire on the plug

Now im getting a Strange power drain when the ball goes in the top glory hole but only when it advances to either of the 500 points the whole playfield goes dim Weired

1 week later
#89 1 year ago

Hi again Ive completed my repairs on the Strato now runs like a dream and yes its very fast, lovely machine and cleaned up great didnt have to do anything to the playfield. I carnt find a center plastic hunted everywhere so I made 1, all i need now is a decal or if you would be so kind and take a very high quality pic and send it too me I would be very grateful thanks for your help this is a great forum Regards Paul

#90 1 year ago

Just had my best game to date 142200 Whats yours ?

#91 1 year ago

Hi Starvio...Yes please have you got a quality scan or pic of it original size ? if its damaged i will play around with it in photo shop

#92 1 year ago

Here you go fellas. I captured the ruler in there so you can use it to size then edit it out.

249408AB-47DB-434D-AB56-5C571FAD3D4C (resized).jpeg249408AB-47DB-434D-AB56-5C571FAD3D4C (resized).jpeg6905058D-DA34-4842-B66C-9B2EA00EDED7 (resized).jpeg6905058D-DA34-4842-B66C-9B2EA00EDED7 (resized).jpeg
#93 1 year ago

Thanks Starvio your a Gent but can you send me a scan also ? so I have exact size to replicate the decal ? 2 plastics are made so 1 has your name on it

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from Prezzo:

Thanks Starvio your a Gent but can you send me a scan also ? so I have exact size to replicate the decal ? 2 plastics are made so 1 has your name on it

Sorry by Email [email protected]

#95 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Here you go fellas. I captured the ruler in there so you can use it to size then edit it out.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks again

1 week later
#96 1 year ago
Quoted from Prezzo:

Just had my best game to date 142200 Whats yours ?

Just clocked it twice 222020

1 month later
#97 1 year ago
Quoted from Prezzo:

Just clocked it twice 222020

Latest High score 222110

2 months later
#98 9 months ago

Hoping someone knows for sure....I got a project Strato-flite that had a pretty bad playfield. I found a replacement playfield for sale that was in much better shape and bought it with the plans to do a full playfield swap (the first time I've attempted this). After getting the "new" playfield, I realized that it is actually a Super-Flite, not a Stato-Flight. I've looked it over pretty carefully and I can't seem to see any differences in the two (holes, inserts, paint). The only difference seems to be the copyright. I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead with it, but I thought I'd ask here...does anyone know for sure that they are identical and I shouldn't have any trouble with the swap. Thanks in advance.

#99 9 months ago

I can't be 100% certain, but I'd say you would be fine. It would make sense that they would be the same. They did that alot like on Jackpot and Gold Rush from 1971. Plus it would be interesting to see how long it would take for someone to notice

#100 9 months ago
Quoted from stavio:

Plus it would be interesting to see how long it would take for someone to notice

That’s a great point. I was 99% it would be fine, but then doubted myself when I thought to myself “why would they only change the copyright?”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-flite-strato-flite-owners-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.