Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20210211_153224 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210211_153249 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210211_172421242 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210211_061738315 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

This is my first EM machine so be easy on me.

Basically, I am having an issue where the machine turns on, you press the start button, it sets all the scores to 0, and then it either starts making a loudish buzzing sound (which will normally stop if you kick the ball into the play lane), or it will keep rotating the score motor.

So far I have cleaned all of the plugs and made sure they are seated correctly but I am not really sure where to go from here. Would be very grateful for some tips to start narrowing down the issue.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Helper:

making a loudish buzzing sound

Which coil is making the buzzing sound?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Which coil is making the buzzing sound?

I am not totally sure the name of it but it is between each of the scores. I attached a photo in hopes that it helps.

PXL_20210211_061738315 (resized).jpgPXL_20210211_061738315 (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

It's hard to be sure because your picture is zoomed in so tight, but that's probably the Number Match Stepup unit, which is at E-19 on the schematic.
What's the 100 Point relay doing when this happens?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

It's hard to be sure because your picture is zoomed in so tight, but that's probably the Number Match Stepup unit, which is at E-19 on the schematic.
What's the 100 Point relay doing when this happens?

Thanks for the response. I am adding a more zoomed out pic with this post. It is right in the middle between each of the scores. I was doing a bit more testing and found out that the 10's solenoid on the left is very very lose and is not able to reset the number to 0.

Is that something I just need to replace or is their a way to make them not lose anymore?

PXL_20210211_172421242 (resized).jpgPXL_20210211_172421242 (resized).jpg

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Helper:

10's solenoid on the left is very very lose and is not able to reset the number to 0.

It has a screw that can be tightened.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

It has a screw that can be tightened.

I mean the actual solenoid itself. The piece that slides in and out has no resistance like the other ones do. Wasn't sure if there was a way to create that resistance or if I just need to buy a new solenoid.

#8 3 years ago

Pull the score reel out and compare it to the 10s reel on player 2. It sounds like you have a missing/broken pawl on that score reel.

#9 3 years ago

Looks like I may have found one of my problems. Anyone know a good place to buy a spring to replace it?

IMG_20210211_153224 (resized).jpgIMG_20210211_153224 (resized).jpgIMG_20210211_153249 (resized).jpgIMG_20210211_153249 (resized).jpg
#10 3 years ago

marcopinball.com, pinballlife.com, ebay?

#12 3 years ago

marcopinball.com, pinballlife.com, ebay?

I'd recommend going through the other sub processes before placing an order for parts, because shipping is a pain in the butt. Also, make sure that's what you need before you order.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/419

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=spring

#13 3 years ago

Thanks a lot for the help. I was able to zero out all the values myself and then get it to the next stage of the boot process.

It seems to be locking up at the bonus reset and that is causing me to have to really diag what is going on. Cant seem to track done the next actual culprit.

Anyone have a good idea on next steps?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-flite-issues-with-boot-sequence and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.