Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 67 days ago by Bigun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png

#1 4 months ago

See video:

Let me start off by saying I have no clue how to work on EM pinball machines, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Basically when it starts, it begins cycling the thousands counter on player 1, by 5 digits. I have the schematics, unsure where to start.

#2 4 months ago

It looks like its not finding the zero(home) position on that score reel. Manually put it on zero and check the switches, pretty easy to compare what leafs are open or closed by looking at another score reel.
-Mike

#3 4 months ago

If the Score Reset relay is pulsing when this happens, check to see if this switch on the 1st Player 1000 Point Score unit is stuck closed, even when the 1st Player 1000 Point Score unit is on zero.

Pinball (resized).png
#4 3 months ago

At the zero position, all 3 switches on the score reel should be open. Look for one that isn't open..

#5 3 months ago

Stuck playfield switch? I see the gate is 5000 and there are some 1000 rollovers.

#6 3 months ago

And here is a link to Clay's famous repair guide, a newbie must-read: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1

1 week later
#7 3 months ago

So, the reel now finds home, but still "churning".

Added 112 days ago:

Wanted to add what I did to get it this far.

The reed on the thousands score wheel wasn't opening when it should. A slight bend and now it's working.

#8 3 months ago

Are the Coin relay, Game Over relay, and/or Reset relay pulling in when this happens?

4 weeks later
#9 80 days ago

So, the reset relay is getting stuck I think? While its cycling, I can yank on the white plastic piece toward the front, and it stops cycling and starts responding to switches on the playfield.

Is that a solenoid replacement?

#10 80 days ago

If the Reset relay doesn't let go, check these switches to find out which one(s) are keeping it energized. If it's not obvious which one(s) are responsible, you can temporarily disable them with slips of paper between the contacts. The score Drum unit Zero Position Break switches on the 16 score units are a likely suspect so start with them.

pasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#11 67 days ago

Found the issue, the second player 10,000 reel reed switch had a portion that was supposed to be normally opened, but flexed and was normally closed. After a little bending it started a game properly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Haus
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 89.00
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 142.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 149.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 12.50
$ 9.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside