Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Manbearpig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161116_131441 (resized).jpg
    20161116_131429 (resized).jpg
    20161116_131358 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20161109-183140 (resized).png
    20161104_173729 (resized).jpg
    20161104_173540 (resized).jpg
    20161104_173512 (resized).jpg
    20161104_173449 (resized).jpg
    20161104_173420 (resized).jpg
    20161104_173354 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blitzburgh99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#22 7 years ago

As a Bubble Hockey aficionado (long story, PM if interested) this is a very nice model for Super Chexx.

1) It has the AHA sticker on the coin door, which is rare to see.

2) this version has a completely plain ice surface that appears to be immaculate. The new ice surfaces have ice logo and www.icechexx.com all over them and look cheesy imho. I wish ICE would sell just plain surfaces as an option for replacements/restoration accuracy.

3) the domes on the older models must have used a different plastic material/manufacturing than more recent, around 2001 and up. The puck hitting the dome has more of a "clanking/cracking" sound, while the newer ones have more of a "boing" to them.

4) the sounds are much simpler. The soundtrack consists of ice skates on the ice. Newer model have more voice over from the Sabres announcer and a crowd sound as backdrop.

Overall, I believe the feel and sound of play on the older models have much more charm to them. It's very subtle, but if you play enough on the different generations of Super Chexx models, you will start to notice these subtleties.

Also, another pet peeve of mine on the newer Super Chexx...the teams come generic red and blue and scoreboard is home and away. It is very confusing playing it to know who is who..Red home? Are they away? What am I ? Blue? Is that home or away? The older models came as USA vs CAN and had sticker logos on their jerseys. Easier to follow. If you get a new game, I recommend getting a decal set for players and scoreboard decals to make your game USA vs CAN for better playing experience.

#23 7 years ago

PS...if I still lived in Pittsburgh area where I grew up, we'd be working out a deal on all three of those that you have listed. Black Hole currently on my short list!!!

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I will kick your azz at BH Blitz....!!!... ...............Joey

Joey...Joey...Joey...!! Don't make me come back east and school you on your own Road Kings and T2!! Lol

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Huh, I actually own an original CHEXX and think that the sound on the newer ones is a lot 'cleaner'.

I agree. The newer sound is "cleaner".. my point is that the older soundtracks don't have as much announcer voice overs. Also, the newer version has slight delays of the BOO sound activating at varying points when the announcer speaks or the crowd "oooo" on close shots. The BOO button provides a more instantaneous "BOO" on the red base/red top generation.

As for the first generation blue bases, I am sure the sound quality isn't as good as the new ones. Agreed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blitzburgh99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-chexx-huo-bubble-hockey?tu=Blitzburgh99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.