4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Zaquar
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20161022_180002 (resized).jpg
    20161029_180720 (resized).jpg
    m5fZQ63iwChkZpa0ILqW (resized).JPG
    IMG_1994 (resized).JPG
    20161022_162345 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6736[1] (resized).JPG
    image002 (resized).jpg
    Super.Chexx_sponsors2_20140428_110056 (resized).jpg
    Super.Chexx_Players2_20140408_170928 (resized).jpg
    Super.Chexx_Goalies2_20140408_170855 (resized).jpg
    20160221_114240_(resized).jpg
    s-l1600_(resized).jpg
    s-l1600_(9)_(resized).jpg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Looking for a Super Chexx for my gameroom. Wanting to stay around $1500. Any leads from my Pinball brev'ren? I'm in North Florida.
    Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

You'll have to be very lucky finding one at that price in good condition. Picked one up. Few weeks ago, love it!

#4 4 years ago

I actually bought that one...it's not easy finding at that price. Seller said he had a line of guys who wanted it. It's in like new condition...amazing. I got lucky I think.

#5 4 years ago

I bought mine new in 2002 from ICE. It still looks new as it only has been at my home. My kids both played hockey and enjoyed the game. Lots of fun. I would not sell mine for $1500. I think the cheapest you will buy a new one shipped will be close to $3k. The home version does not have the coin mechs and is only a few hundred cheaper. You definitely want to buy one that has been in someone's home and not a bar / arcade. People tend to beat the snot out of these games by picking them up and slamming them down with the handles, etc. I looked at many used ones before simply giving up and buying new since nobody was listing HUO machines.

#6 4 years ago

The newer ones with 'shots on goal' in the scoreboard are pretty neat. Not sure when they added that feature, but it is cool to see your shots on goal percentages.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

The newer ones with 'shots on goal' in the scoreboard are pretty neat. Not sure when they added that feature, but it is cool to see your shots on goal percentages.

Yes, that is a nice feature. Mine has it and I believe it came out when the scoreboard design was changed in the late 1990s. There is a Magnetic senor under the playfield around the goal area that detects the puck. It is called an "OH" sensor since it also triggers the "OHHHH" audio track just like a real hockey crowd does when there a a good shot on goal. The game is a lot of fun. Mine does not get much play, but when it does get played people always have a smile while playing it and as they are walking away. Classic.

#8 4 years ago

Is this the same as Super Chexx?

http://www.icechexx.com/p-2-ice-super-chexx.aspx?gclid=CMSKqc3ZtssCFQwxaQod2O0CZA

I see some called "Super Chexx" and some ICE Super Chexx...they look the same, have same split/no-split option, option for coin door or home version etc.

EDIT: is it just that the "teams" are non-specific ie not USA vs Canada and no NHL logo?

#9 4 years ago

ICE is the manufacturer(Innovative Concepts in Entertainment, Inc) of Super Chexx which is the bubble hockey game. You can have any teams you want, it just adds to the price.

They also used to make a soccer game, called Super Kixx...
    ebay.com link » Super Kixx Bubble Dome Soccer Arcade Game

$1500 is a good price for a nice one, sometimes beat up ones go for less and nicer for more...
    ebay.com link » Ice Chexx Bubble Dome Hockey Arcade Game Great Classis Commercial

#10 4 years ago

The base price of the unit is $2,495 with curbside delivery included. No way these are worth $2,000 in my opinion, for $500 more you can get a new one (and ensure the plastic bubble is in perfect condtion) with a warranty, delivered.

Quoted from glasairpilot:

I think the cheapest you will buy a new one shipped will be close to $3k.

#11 4 years ago

No, that is incorrect. They are $2,695 with curbside delivery for the coin-op version. Add another $100 for the split base if you want to get it through a door less than 32". The "home only" version is $2,495. If you want NHL, Can vs USA, or team specific it is $3,195.

Anyway, pristine used units sell quickly for $2k, especially right before Christmas. The worn out rough machines bring over $1k consistently.

#12 4 years ago

Unless the OP charges his family and friends to play in his gameroom, the price is $2,495 for a new unit. Same thing, doesn't take coins. So yes, I am correct.

Most people don't need a split base, these things fit through very small doors.

Quoted from glasairpilot:

They are $2,695 with curbside delivery for the coin-op version.

Quoted from Dexter:

Looking for a Super Chexx for my gameroom.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Unless the OP charges his family and friends to play in his gameroom, the price is $2,495 for a new unit. Same thing, doesn't take coins. So yes, I am correct.
    Most people don't need a split base, these things fit through very small doors.

Actually, they don't fit through small doors very well. I barely made it through a 32" door and my stairway is narrow. I'd definitely opt for the split base if I had a choice.

#14 4 years ago

The split base option is $100 more.

Quoted from Lermods:

Actually, they don't fit through small doors very well. I barely made it through a 32" door and my stairway is narrow. I'd definitely opt for the split base if I had a choice.

#15 4 years ago

Get the split base. You will be happy you did for the extra $100. No matter where you live or what room you want your game in, it will always fit. There are times where a door and a wall come together and make it hard, if not physically impossible, to get the game through.

The home version is nice because the volume knob is on the outside and has an on/off switch. Makes it very easy to turn on and off without have to plug in and out, or open coin door to fiddle around for a switch in the dark hunched over.

The coin op version is nice because the coin box has its own door and you can use the coin container to store extra parts and locker room supplies in.

One other tip....the custom painted players generally have testors model-type paint used on them. Even with clear coat, this paint WILL chip. The players will look bad, and worse yet, cleaning those paint flecks off of the playfield is a pain.

I also recommend getting the standard blue and red factory players and ordering the USA and CAN decals for the fronts of their sweaters. Or you can get the red Russia players and put their decals on too. The standard factory paint on those generic players is very durable and won't chip off got a long long time.

While you are at it, get the USA and CAN or Russia scoreboard decals, too. The game in factory format comes with the scoreboard saying "home" and "away". Well, how does one know who's home or away? Red or Blue? I think that's a rookie mistake on an iconic game but the manufacturer ICE. You won't know while playing a game until someone scores who is home or away. It gets very confusing during the heat of play even on a table you are familiar with.

Playing tip: wipe the ice surface down with pledge furniture polish and keep a fresh puck without chips and burrs on it for a very fast playing game!

I have owned 5 Super Chexx over the past 17 years and ran the IBHF/St Louis National Championships back in 2005 and 2006. That game got me into pinball after I moved to Texas away from my playing partners. I needed my mechanical, hand-eye coordination fix until my son gets old enough and good enough to compete with me. Pinball is like solo Chexx for me!!

#16 4 years ago

That is interesting about the coin version not having external controls, but it makes sense of course. I have the home version (US vs Canada) and really like being able to quickly turn it on, while simentaneously turning the volume down/off. That way it is on/lit up, but not playing the 'den den den den...den den den den...den den den den ' over and over and over... which will drive everyone insane after a short while.

#17 4 years ago

Anybody looking for a mint one, pm me. I have a VERY low play Super Chexx, coin op, solid base, Huo. It just doesn't get played. Selling for what I paid $1950.

1 week later
    #18 4 years ago

Anyone know the measurements for the area needed to play bubble hockey comfortably? I have a kitchen area in a new game house that I want to add bubble hockey but I want to make sure there is enough room to play. Thanks, Mike

#19 4 years ago

About 9' in length and 3' wide is what ice recommends, more is better.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from helicopter:

About 9' in length and 3' wide is what ice recommends, more is better.

Agree, anything less make sure you wear a cup!

1 month later
    #21 3 years ago

I ended up picking up a Super Chexx from the San Antonio area and used uShip to get it delivered. Ended up being around $1500 total. It is a cool black base one from 1999/2000 when the whole Bubble Boys Wayne Gretzky version was out there. If anyone is ever in the Ponte Vedra area - send me a message and let's play!

s-l1600_(9)_(resized).jpg

s-l1600_(resized).jpg

#22 3 years ago

Nice, love mine!

20160221_114240_(resized).jpg

4 months later
    #23 3 years ago

Still looking for one myself if anyone knows of someone selling. Thanks

#24 3 years ago

These are getting harder and harder to find? I know they still make new ones. I was going to custom order a Winnipeg Jets VS Boston Bruins one but decided to put that mo ey to pinball I stead. Good luck with the hunt

#25 3 years ago

Super Chexx is proof positive that new pinball inflation is out of control. They sell for roughly what they did 10 years ago, basically in the same market as pinball. If the cost to make things was really skyrocketing, then Chexx wouldn't be at the same price.

In the warmer climates, they're really hard to find. They don't come up for sale nearly as much as they used to for some reason.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Super Chexx is proof positive that new pinball inflation is out of control. They sell for roughly what they did 10 years ago, basically in the same market as pinball. If the cost to make things was really skyrocketing, then Chexx wouldn't be at the same price.
    In the warmer climates, they're really hard to find. They don't come up for sale nearly as much as they used to for some reason.

Well to be fair there are a LOT less parts in a Super Chexx than a pinball.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Your analysis skips over the important parts of..
    - what is the volume now vs previously?
    - is demand growing or flat/sliding?

The reason pin prices are blowing up is because of the influx of new money and buyers = surging demand and new product differentiators.

Chexx is basically the same product with different skins.. no innovations justifying new price points vs existing product (what happened to pinball through most of its early life...)

#28 3 years ago

Anyone out there run into an issue with your Super Chexx where hitting the puck eject button results in the scoreboard ticking up the score each time you hit it? Game functions fine otherwise....thanks in advance!

#29 3 years ago

Good find OP! Congrats!

Also lets be clear that the "I would not sell mine for $____ price" does not mean that this price is the market standard for what they go for and generally that statement means nothing. Those people are friggin annoying trying to keep the price up on shit they own that they supposedly will never sell. Sad.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zaquar:

Anyone out there run into an issue with your Super Chexx where hitting the puck eject button results in the scoreboard ticking up the score each time you hit it? Game functions fine otherwise....thanks in advance!

Something is seriously wrong with that. Call ICE support and ask them.

#31 3 years ago

The button that ejects the puck activates a switch. When the puck goes into the "net," it activates a switch on the way down to the eject mech.

I'd break out your pin fixing skills and find what is probably a short or grounding issue etc.

Quoted from Zaquar:

#32 3 years ago

Questions about making custom boards ie: rink boards w/ logo's.

The white boards themselves that run along the ice. I'm looking up a Super Chexx and I was wondering is there a way to put decals/logo's on those boards like you would see on the boards of an NHL game.

I see kits like this ebay.com link
    but it seems like it is a sticker overlay. Is the white boards embedded in the plastic dome???

#33 3 years ago

My Super Chexx is the Canadian version so I added Canadian logos relevant to me during the 80's and 90's. Also repainted the players and improved their uniforms, imho.

Btw, I simply added the 12 logos to two strips that were 1.375" x 14" and printed them out on 11" x 17" paper. I think I taped the paper strips on. Easy to replace if they were to get ruined by too many slapshots!

Super.Chexx_sponsors2_20140428_110056 (resized).jpg
    image002 (resized).jpg
    Super.Chexx_Goalies2_20140408_170855 (resized).jpg
    Super.Chexx_Players2_20140408_170928 (resized).jpg

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

My Super Chexx is the Canadian version so I added Canadian logos relevant to me during the 80's and 90's. Also repainted the players and improved their uniforms, imho.
    Btw, I simply added the 12 logos to two strips that were 1.375" x 14" and printed them out on 11" x 17" paper. I think I taped the paper strips on. Easy to replace if they were to get ruined by too many slapshots!

EXACTLY what I was looking for thank you!!! Does the stock/board insert come off or is it embedding in dome?

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stal8080:

EXACTLY what I was looking for thank you!!! Does the stock/board insert come off or is it embedding in dome?

You just make a strip reflecting the logos you want and then have a local print shop print it to a decal! Stick it over the existing board! No need to remove anything!

IMG_6736[1] (resized).JPG

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

The button that ejects the puck activates a switch. When the puck goes into the "net," it activates a switch on the way down to the eject mech.
    I'd break out your pin fixing skills and find what is probably a short or grounding issue etc.

The puck going into the net and the OHHHH sesnors are the magnet switches. The button for the boo is a physical leaf switch, so they could be grounding together as they are bundled running around the player guides and into the lower cab. Also if you have the early 90's board, could be some issues on the main board.

Do both boo buttons do it?

2 weeks later
    #37 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dexter:

Looking for a Super Chexx for my gameroom. Wanting to stay around $1500. Any leads from my Pinball brev'ren? I'm in North Florida.
    Thanks!

I have one for sale $1500. 2005 limited edition #7 of 100. The score board is out. I haven't really looked into the problem.

Everything else is in excellent condition.

I can send more pics.

Located near Tampa Fl

20161022_162345 (resized).jpg

#38 3 years ago

Those 2005 Limited Editions don't come up for sale often, if ever. Great game for you Florida guys bump

#39 3 years ago

What makes it limited?

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

What makes it limited?

At the time they were made it was first time you could get a black base! On the sides of the game, where there is a Super Chexx logo there is a plastic piece that has "Limited Edition Super Chexx 2005". Lastly, on the scoreboard there is a small metal plaque with the same verbiage but also the number of the game out of 100. That's about it!!!

IMG_1994 (resized).JPG

#41 3 years ago

Huh, that's really interesting. Would be cool if it had special speech

#42 3 years ago

How do you clean the rubber grips? Mine are really sticky and I'd like to fix that.

#43 3 years ago

Are they worn at all? I think they are only something like $4 from ICE direct each. Might not me worth the $50 (shipped) to deal with cleaning them.

Quoted from Dutchman2009:

How do you clean the rubber grips? Mine are really sticky and I'd like to fix that.

#44 3 years ago

A long shot, but does anyone have a single replacement board for the scoreboard?

m5fZQ63iwChkZpa0ILqW (resized).JPG

#45 3 years ago

Interested in seeing any other mods that people might have added to their Chexx machine. I'm thinking about trying to create a goal light or perhaps just adding 6v LED strips into the existing light to give it a cooler color.

#46 3 years ago

Glad someone else is into some chexx modding

Boston Pinball makes a new LED based score board
    Red trim for the net (ebay) - 4 different variations?
    someone on ebay makes blue vinyl for the look in the crease (ebay - danbillsfan)

You can print vinyls for ads along the wall
    print vinyl for the middle logo

Paint figures

I've seen somewhere, led dome in the goal but now I can't remember where....

I've been meaning to do a TON of work on my 83. But I put it on route for now, until I have some time and room at home.

#47 3 years ago

I think I'm going to send the board out to ICE. I remember going though the process awhile ago and just became annoyed while talking with their techs. I basically wanted them to not do work exceeding the cost of a new assembly, but they couldn't commit to that. This time the guy said if I left a note in the box they would give a quote before doing the work.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I think I'm going to send the board out to ICE. I remember going though the process awhile ago and just became annoyed while talking with their techs. I basically wanted them to not do work exceeding the cost of a new assembly, but they couldn't commit to that. This time the guy said if I left a note in the box they would give a quote before doing the work.

which game version? I have the boston pinball score board...it isn't cheap but OH MY GOSH it is amazing. The old score board is a cluster/clutter #$%@#$@#$

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from AgeOfRetro:

I have one for sale $2000. 2005 limited edition #7 of 100.
    I can send more pics.
    Located near Tampa Fl

#50 3 years ago

I am looking for one in the Los Angeles area - trying to find one a few years old (or older - regular chexx is fine too) that doesn't have ICE's url on the playfield. PM me if you're local and have one for sale/trade.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.50
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 16.00
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    € 4.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Multigame
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside