Topic Stats

• 312 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by phillymadison
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-734.jpg
image-113.jpg
image-440.jpg
image.jpg
image-400.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 5 years ago

From my experience, they wear like iron, are really easy to clean, & make game play much more enjoyable with improved control.
I hear that they are working on rings next. Can't wait!

#63 5 years ago

Bah-
Not that hard to put on. Just put them over the small end & push them over the big end with your thumbs. Yes, they go on harder than standard rubbers. You might use a touch of Novus #1 to make them slip over easier, but it's no big deal.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I think there must be varying sizes or something. I've seen people say it took all their strength to put them on and others say it was no big deal. Me, I could not for the life of me get them on with my bare hands. I had to use a pretty thick screwdriver as a shoehorn and I was very scared the shaft was going to snap in half. Even with about 8 inches of leverage I was putting all my weight against the band to get it on.

Don't know. I have put them on an early Bally SS, a late Williams EM, & a late model Stern - all different flipper bat types, & all went on with moderate effort. See u-tube link on proper install technique.

Using a screwdriver or other pry tool adds that much more distance that the bands have to stretch, plus possible damage to playfield if it slips.

#122 5 years ago

Well, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
To each their own.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Super Bands are awesome. Love the look and control feels no different.

Super bands are awesome (IMHO too), but you can't feel the difference in control?
-- There were two Metallica pins side by side @ the NW pin show this year at the Pinbulbs booth. One blinged out with their LED's & equipped with super bands and the other totally stock.
You can really tell a major difference when you have them side by side on the same game.

#147 5 years ago

Games are just flat out more fun to play with the super bands. That is all I care about myself

1 week later
#175 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Like the super bands for mini posts. I put some on my Metallica premium, no more air balls up by ramp and Sparky. These super bands for the mini posts are wider then the thinner black rubber. I like them, good bounce and no air balls off them. I still however still use rubber on the flippers, but that's what I like.

Exactly. That's what it's all about. What you like.
Don't see why some people get all uptight about the Super bands

3 weeks later
#209 5 years ago

Hell yes.
Every game I have played with these installed is more fun.
That is the whole point, correct?

5 months later
#283 4 years ago
Quoted from UvulaBob:

As an update, just about every 3/8" single mini-post Super-Band ring I ordered has cracked or split, each having lasted from three days to two weeks. I decided that I was better off ordering the 20-cent rubbers if I was going to go through them that fast.

I have had no issues with the super bands, or the mini post rubbers... been 6 months of moderate use.

2 months later
#304 4 years ago

If these go on as hard as the flipper rubbers I would be concerned about pulling out post screws. The new Titan silicone rings are nice and stretchy, no worries there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside