Topic Stats

• 312 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by phillymadison
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-734.jpg
image-113.jpg
image-440.jpg
image.jpg
image-400.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 5 years ago

Super Bands are awesome. Love the look and control feels no different. Tried out my first set on the Hook project I recently completed. Will definitely be getting more of these!

image.jpg
image-440.jpg

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

The reason weaker players like them is because they improve shot accuracy, due to being so friggin hard. It's like the difference between hitting a hardball with a wiffle bat or a real wooden bat. Of course the harder one is going to be more accurate and feel stronger.
Whatever you gain in shot accuracy is more than offset by loss of ball control. Yes, they are grippy, but they play way too different than conventional rubbers. If you use these on all your games, your chances of improving your skills are decreased. Enjoy the improved accuracy because your ball control skills will likely never improve significantly. You get a little bump in your score now, but that's it. If you want to keep improving your skills, don't put them on all your games.

I don't quite think your machine will magically morph into the Pinball Arcade counterpart and turn you to into Bowen Kerins... Have a little common sense.

1 week later
#173 5 years ago

I got a narrow set for a Gottlieb project I'm starting. Maybe the game won't play so danged slow with these!

5 months later
#262 4 years ago

Dude awesome! Looking forward to trying some of these rings for sure. From what I've seen with the flipper rubbers hopefully these things will be ideal for route operators. Could you imagine rubber rings that don't crack, dry out, or absorb dirt?? Especially under those very hard to reach areas!

Quoted from Kahanaohana:

My stock rubbers have worn out in 300 games.

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I have proto (for testing purposes ) on My MET , SM, CSI and AFM that I had at Expo this year. While I have had the proto slings on my MET (in clear I put them on at 2013 Expo and it has been to 4 shows over 1K plays just at Expo last year, and had several league and tourney events at my house with them). for over a year with no issues, and it cut the massive airballs flying into the sides of the cab that was occurring before I put them on. I added the ones to SM, CSI and AFM (in colors) in time for Expo this year, they also have had no issues and show no wear. They are easy to clean just like their flipper rubber brothers and (I think) they will also be available in many colors!! I can't wait till they are available in all colors...except that means I will be changing all my slings to Super Slings like I did all my flippers to Super Bands!!
Phoebe

So these are not officially for sale yet? Sounds really promising!

1 month later
#289 4 years ago

I would disregard anything Pinball Life says until we hear back from the founder.

#293 4 years ago

Thanks DrJoe for the update. Getting excited for these!

1 month later
#302 4 years ago

Will be interesting to see how these stack up against the Titan Competition silicone rings. It's going to take some convincing for a lot of people I think.

#303 4 years ago

I just bought some used rings from another Pinsider. They still look brand new.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 22.50
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 10.95
Machine - For Sale
Madison, AL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Decatur, IL
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roswell, GA
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
New Hartford, CT
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside