Topic Stats

• 312 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by phillymadison
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-734.jpg
image-113.jpg
image-440.jpg
image.jpg
image-400.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calvin12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from pinplayerinva:

1.Super bands are the present and future of pinball. It's quite simple. 2. They make machines look better. 3. Isn't that the idea behind pinball machines. Flashing lights, bright colors,sounds that attract you and make you want to drop your quarters in the slot! 4. For sure if manufacturers had the forethought to produce these bands 20 years ago they'd be the standard and we'd be thinking about the next super band today Like multi colored bands or two tone flipper bats that are red on top and white on the sides. How many times have you thought about a flipper bat/rubber combo that would make your machine look best. Add in new exciting colors that match today's LEDs and playfields people. That is unless you're restoring a machine to its factory fresh look. Whew. 5. That was a 2 beer post

1, no
2. maybe
3. hell no
4. doubtful, get it out as fast and cheap as possible
5. before or after you wrote it?

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from pinplayerinva:

Ok Calvin. I'll concede they're not the present. That was silly of me. But they're the future or a variation thereof. You watch!
Attracting the player with quarters in their pocket is exactly was pinball is all about. Don't you think a comic book collector is more likely to play x-men with the last $.50 in his pocket than big buck hunter. That's why they make these machines. I'd argue you could product the exact same machine with 2 different titles and 1 would make more mine than the other based on theme and attraction to it. You're prob right about kickem out as quick n cheap as possible. I prob misspoke when I said manufacturers would have produced them More likely, aftermarket companies like super bands would have done this a long time ago.

sure the game are designed to attract, but no one is going to play and dirty ugly *game* because it has pretty flipper urethane. but anyone who wants to play a pin will play one even with dirty red/black rubber. BBH vs superhero has nothing to do with the flipper rubber/urethane. a superhero fan wanting to play pinball with 50 cents will play superhero pin with dirty rubber before BBH with shiny urethane. reverse goes for a hunter guy looking to play a pin.

I bought and put them on my TZ, it makes that game so much easier. The freebies I got are still on my pinbot from Expo in the fall, I just haven't gotten around to taking them off. The expo freebies came off my WH2O right after expo since they made the game play completely differently and not in a good way. I got an AFM in January it came with urethane flippers. I had not played much AFM before acquiring it. I got to Mars and had everything but super jackpot needed to RTU, literally on the first game I played on it. I took the uretahne off and the game is much more difficult now and I've made it to that far just one more time.

3 weeks later
#193 5 years ago

the superbands look good but they are inflating my scores beyond what they should be. I pulled my stats on my TZ which I am awful at after 614 games with rubber and then switch to superbands and played another 138 games and pulled the stats. My average ball time went from 58 to 68 seconds with superbands. The scores and game lengths are both increased. I have 30.3% of my games take over 4 minutes with rubber, its 37.7% with superbands. The sample size with superbands is smaller and I plan to play more and document that too. After a get to 200+ games I'll probably go back to rubber and play 200 games an compare that too, just to verify its the rubber not me betting much better.

7 months later
#308 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Used rubbers? Ewwww!!

just turn it inside out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roswell, GA
$ 7.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakland, CA
$ 10.95
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 78.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 159.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York City, NEW YORK

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calvin12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside