Topic Stats

• 312 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by phillymadison
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-734.jpg
image-113.jpg
image-440.jpg
image.jpg
image-400.jpg

There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 4 years ago

on a side not the vacation jackpot reaction from the machine is amazing! best reaction ever!!! i wont be a spoiler but i got to get that again just for the reaction!!!

#252 4 years ago

Love them on my LiS hated all the stdm on mine even with the center post was making me not like the game so much,at least with these I have more of a chance.

#253 4 years ago

Yeah, I prefer the Superbands to the original. I like the feel better, I like how they look, I like how they clean up, and I haven't had any wear out yet!

#254 4 years ago

I'm liking them now....wasn't so sure at first but they have really grown on me

#255 4 years ago

I just converted STLE to them and love them even more now.

#256 4 years ago

i cant find superbands for my slingshots, 2 1/2 i think. i checked pinballlife and marco, and i cant seem to find them listed in that size, if anyone can send a link pls do. thanks

#257 4 years ago

Some games play better with the Super Bands for me. Fun House is one of them. Others I switched back to rubber. Elvira and the Party Monsters played gawd awful with SB for some reason so I went back to rubber for that game. One thing for sure, they are sure pretty when installed.

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

i cant find superbands for my slingshots, 2 1/2 i think. i checked pinballlife and marco, and i cant seem to find them listed in that size, if anyone can send a link pls do. thanks

?

#259 4 years ago

Super-Bands slingshots rings (and all other ring sizes) will be available in a few weeks (+/-) from Marco and Pinball Life.

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Super-Bands slingshots rings (and all other ring sizes) will be available in a few weeks (+/-) from Marco and Pinball Life.

thank you, i was looking all over. My stock rubbers have worn out in 300 games.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Really, we'll see...

#262 4 years ago

Dude awesome! Looking forward to trying some of these rings for sure. From what I've seen with the flipper rubbers hopefully these things will be ideal for route operators. Could you imagine rubber rings that don't crack, dry out, or absorb dirt?? Especially under those very hard to reach areas!

Quoted from Kahanaohana:

My stock rubbers have worn out in 300 games.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Dude awesome! Looking forward to trying some of these rings for sure. From what I've seen with the flipper rubbers hopefully these things will be ideal for route operators. Could you imagine rubber rings that don't crack, dry out, or absorb dirt?? Especially under those very hard to reach areas!

I have proto (for testing purposes ) on My MET , SM, CSI and AFM that I had at Expo this year. While I have had the proto slings on my MET (in clear I put them on at 2013 Expo and it has been to 4 shows over 1K plays just at Expo last year, and had several league and tourney events at my house with them). for over a year with no issues, and it cut the massive airballs flying into the sides of the cab that was occurring before I put them on. I added the ones to SM, CSI and AFM (in colors) in time for Expo this year, they also have had no issues and show no wear. They are easy to clean just like their flipper rubber brothers and (I think) they will also be available in many colors!! I can't wait till they are available in all colors...except that means I will be changing all my slings to Super Slings like I did all my flippers to Super Bands!!

Phoebe

#264 4 years ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again Super Bands look better! They'll find a way for them to play better They or some form of them will soon be the standard.

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I have proto (for testing purposes ) on My MET , SM, CSI and AFM that I had at Expo this year. While I have had the proto slings on my MET (in clear I put them on at 2013 Expo and it has been to 4 shows over 1K plays just at Expo last year, and had several league and tourney events at my house with them). for over a year with no issues, and it cut the massive airballs flying into the sides of the cab that was occurring before I put them on. I added the ones to SM, CSI and AFM (in colors) in time for Expo this year, they also have had no issues and show no wear. They are easy to clean just like their flipper rubber brothers and (I think) they will also be available in many colors!! I can't wait till they are available in all colors...except that means I will be changing all my slings to Super Slings like I did all my flippers to Super Bands!!
Phoebe

So these are not officially for sale yet? Sounds really promising!

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

So these are not officially for sale yet? Sounds really promising!

Not that I know of yet but according to the founder...

Quoted from DrJoe:

Phoebe

#267 4 years ago

Well I picked up sopme super bands for my Star Trek, and my MET. They looked great on both machines.

They where terrible on Star Trek, I could barley keep the ball on the PF. Way to many air balls. Made the game play way to erratic, and the ball was very hard to control. I liked the way they felt when shooting the ball from the flippers, but that was it. Everything else took a large turn for the worse from a contol standpoint.

They felt slightly better on MET, but the same overall effect was had. The balls would actually slow down when transitioning from the in-lane to the superbands. The ball actually stopped on the super band a couple times from the spin it had on it, which acted like brakes on the super band.

They lasted two days on my machines, before I went back to the stock rubber. It's really to bad, as they looked great, and I wanted to like them, but NOPE. Not for me!!!

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Phoebe

Whats a good color combo on MET? I have the transparent ones now on the slings.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Whats a good color combo on MET? I have the transparent ones now on the slings.

I have clear on the slings and purple on the flippers, and several different mini posts in different places. There are lots of colors that look good on MET, and I happen to like purple so that is what I went with.

Phoebe

1 week later
#270 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I may be in the minority, but I prefer flipper rubbers that play well over ones that look flashy. That being said traditional rubbers still provide superior action over urethane. IMO.

I've had them on a few games and it's a 50/50 split for me. I get WAY more speed balls coming down the playfield that jump the flipper at impact and drain. As well as weird reactions if the ball had a lot of spin. I'm leaning towards not using them again.

#271 4 years ago

Not sure I like the harder rubbers...

#272 4 years ago

Put them on my DW last week and it's working well and looking good for me.

#273 4 years ago

I went back to normal rubbers. They play so much better for me.

#274 4 years ago

The super mini posts aren't very lively. Thoughts?

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The super mini posts aren't very lively. Thoughts?

I have Super Mini Posts on alot of my older games, and my newer (sys 11s and Sterns) games. I find them just as good if not better than original rubber post rings as far as play. There are actually some that are thinner and thicker, so I vary my positioning to where I put each kind, depending on what the need is as far as play in that area is.

Also I have found that the Super Post Sleeves are a bit thicker (if that is the correct way to put it?) than Cliffy Posts (which I have on my games as well) I have found that there are a few spots that the Super Posts work better than Cliffy Posts because of the thickness...the Super Posts on the posts at the lock entrance on AFM for instance work better, because the Cliffy Post being thinner allowed the ball to roll back from that lane and go right down the middle where as with the Super Post sleeves thickness it deflects the ball to a flipper instead. I had originally had Cliffys on all my games when I rebuilt them, but I had since gone back to the ugly original fat yellow posts on a couple for this reason. When I got the proto Super Posts to try I noticed the difference in thickness and thought I would try them in those locals...and they just like their Super brothers clean up great with no wear and they play just like the (ugly yellow or black) original rubber post sleeves.

Can hardly wait for Super Rings to be released so I can get rid of all the original nasty dirty rubber rings from my games!!

Phoebe

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

Well I picked up sopme super bands for my Star Trek, and my MET. They looked great on both machines.
They where terrible on Star Trek, I could barley keep the ball on the PF. Way to many air balls. Made the game play way to erratic, and the ball was very hard to control. I liked the way they felt when shooting the ball from the flippers, but that was it. Everything else took a large turn for the worse from a contol standpoint.

Really? I love them on my ST. I can hit every shot with them and I'm not getting many air balls. Threw up 279 million just the other day. I also replaced all of the post rubber with the super mini's .....an absolute must for ST. ST blasts the hell out of regular rubber posts in short order.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

ST blasts the hell out of regular rubber posts in short order.

In my experience, ST also blasts the hell out of the Super Band minis. Several of them started cracking after about a thousand plays, and the replacements started cracking after about 500. I was under the impression that these are supposed to be durable in exchange for being $1.29 apiece. Are my expectations too high?

#278 4 years ago

I used Super Mini post rubbers on Stern Star Trek. I replaced all of them, approximately 18 in total.

In my experience, the super mini posts bounce much more than black rubbers or white rubbers. The extra bounce has the effect of making openings feel more narrow. For example, the ball more often bounces clear away from the outlanes. Also, the Vengeance gap feels more narrow.

I loved the extra bounce from the super posts, which is a marked difference from the reduced bounce of super bands.

1 week later
#279 4 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Any update on this?

#281 4 years ago

As an update, just about every 3/8" single mini-post Super-Band ring I ordered has cracked or split, each having lasted from three days to two weeks. I decided that I was better off ordering the 20-cent rubbers if I was going to go through them that fast.

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from UvulaBob:

As an update, just about every 3/8" single mini-post Super-Band ring I ordered has cracked or split, each having lasted from three days to two weeks. I decided that I was better off ordering the 20-cent rubbers if I was going to go through them that fast.

I guess I'm opposite of you...I have them on about 20 to 30 games from MET, to early SS Williams (Scorpion) they have been on there for over a year with no wear or cracking issues at all, I don't know what is happening with some of these that some are having these issues...Guess I have been lucky no issues with Super-Bands or Super mini posts or slings...

Phoebe

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from UvulaBob:

I have had no issues with the super bands, or the mini post rubbers... been 6 months of moderate use.

#284 4 years ago

Yeah, I should clarify that the machine these are installed on is a Star Trek Premium that gets about four to five hours of play a day, five days a week. Maybe that matters. Maybe not.

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Really? I love them on my ST. I can hit every shot with them and I'm not getting many air balls. Threw up 279 million just the other day. I also replaced all of the post rubber with the super mini's .....an absolute must for ST. ST blasts the hell out of regular rubber posts in short order.

I just put them on my ST pro and agree. I get no more air balls than with the stock rubber. If you get air balls, check and make sure the bands are seated properly - not too high or low. I feel more in control of the ball with the super bands but can't say I am getting better scores. I can say that they look much better than the ugly black rubber ones - those had to go.

I had a rubber post by the warp ramp get destroyed in less than a month and others were not looking so good. I order a bunch of clear super mini's and so far really like them. The clear matches the look of the game and much better than the ugly black rubber. There is a lot more bounce and not sure if that is a good thing or not. It does make it easier to bounce the ball away from the side lanes but the ball sure does bounce around. Time will tell if they hold up better than the rubbers.

#286 4 years ago

UPDATE...if anyone cares...image-113.jpgimage-734.jpg..lol

Well really wanted them because of the look but decided to keep it original...they were designed with real so that's what I went with....they make aluminum bats...(hi-tech to wood)...but nobody in mlb swings one...now that I think about it...hockey should still use wood as well...hmm...so that's how things get off topic...ha...........Joey

1 week later
#287 4 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I emailed Pinball Life to ask if they had a timeframe of when these might be available. Their response was that as far as they knew, there were no plans to make these in rubber ring sizes. They stated that Super-Bands are made from a poured mold, not injected. Therefore, it means there is always a flat side which doesn't work for rings.

If this is the case, I need to find another supplier for some transparent ring sizes. Pinball Life has all sizes I need but 1 3/4" and 2 1/2". Does anyone know another supplier selling transparent rings?

#289 4 years ago

I would disregard anything Pinball Life says until we hear back from the founder.

#290 4 years ago

Super-Bands ring sets are coming soon. The distributors do not have the information yet, but they will quite soon. Parts are being molded as we speak. Thanks for your patience and your interest in these products.

-JCS

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Therefore, it means there is always a flat side which doesn't work for rings.

I'm not sure why this would be a problem. Super Posts also have a flat side, but that does not pose a problem. (The flat side can be oriented facing down or up.) With rings, I don't see a problem with having a flat side facing out or in.

The Super Posts are extremely bouncy (more bouncy than white rubbers) and I love the increased bounce.

#293 4 years ago

Thanks DrJoe for the update. Getting excited for these!

#294 4 years ago

Chrome bats with clear super bands for your t2....you need it.

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

I emailed Pinball Life to ask if they had a timeframe of when these might be available. Their response was that as far as they knew, there were no plans to make these in rubber ring sizes. They stated that Super-Bands are made from a poured mold, not injected. Therefore, it means there is always a flat side which doesn't work for rings.
If this is the case, I need to find another supplier for some transparent ring sizes. Pinball Life has all sizes I need but 1 3/4" and 2 1/2". Does anyone know another supplier selling transparent rings?

I remember that all the rubbers at the PHoF were colored and had flat sides. Could they be a "beta" site for the development of the rings? Before new molds were made to make the rings "round"? Dr. Joe?

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I remember that all the rubbers at the PHoF were colored and had flat sides. Could they be a "beta" site for the development of the rings? Before new molds were made to make the rings "round"? Dr. Joe?

Yeah, Tim tests a lot of stuff for me. He's had those flat slings of mine on his machines for over a year now. The slingshots moving forward will no longer be the flat profile. They will be the same profile a standard rubbers (round cross-section). These have been in test for more than 6 months.

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Yeah, Tim tests a lot of stuff for me. He's had those flat slings of mine on his machines for over a year now. The slingshots moving forward will no longer be the flat profile. They will be the same profile a standard rubbers (round cross-section). These have been in test for more than 6 months.

Let me know if you need any other testers

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to matching my ring sets to my Super posts and sleeves!

#298 4 years ago

I'll never use anything else BUT Superbands.

Comes in handy when you are dealing with a tough bitch of a pin like TWD LE

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to matching my ring sets to my Super posts and sleeves!

Ditto

1 month later
#300 4 years ago

Had super bands on all my machines. After two month I went back to normal rubbers. My best friend did the same on his radical. The way it played with the standard rubbers was so much better and actually predictable. Also had post rubbers in my Ft. Produced air balls par excellence.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.95
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 58.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 159.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 234.99
$ 30.00
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carolina Forest, SC
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burton, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside