Topic Stats

• 312 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by phillymadison
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-734.jpg
image-113.jpg
image-440.jpg
image.jpg
image-400.jpg

There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 4 years ago

Need new rubber on my flippers and wondered if anybody used super bands,also how did they work out for you....or is traditional best..???..........Joey

#2 4 years ago

Players preference. Try them both and see which is for you.

Personally, I have super bands on all of my machines as they feel very true to me.

#3 4 years ago

I may be in the minority, but I prefer flipper rubbers that play well over ones that look flashy. That being said traditional rubbers still provide superior action over urethane. IMO.

#4 4 years ago

I got them for LOTR and felt I had way more ball control. Got them for my WOZ and Congo - love them on every machine, and I will immediately install them on all future machines. You may have to turn down the flipper coil a couple points, because there's a hell of a bounce of them. I've pummeled the habitrail on Congo mercilessly when I hit fast moving balls.

I agree with Maken - try it out and see. But I love 'em!

#5 4 years ago

I like them. Pretty much personal preference though. Some people say it makes the game easier, but after installing them I still suck at pinball.

-Wes

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

after installing them I still suck at pinball

Me Too.

BUT.... They definitely add zip to a smacked ball. Seems to make certain ramp shots easier. I like them.

#7 4 years ago

Loved the way they looked. Hated the way they bounce and grab. They gone.

#8 4 years ago

Super Bands all the way!...

#9 4 years ago

I have only scored 1 Bil + on my IJ once. I installed superbands and within and hour I had scored 1 Bil + for the second time ever, two games after 600Mil +

I feel like they give an advantage over standard flipper rubbers with more control. So Super Bands are going in all machines for me.

#10 4 years ago

I have super bands on all my machines and love them.I will install them on all future machines I buy also.

#11 4 years ago

I like them, too. Played with them for the first time at CAX last weekend, then walked right over to the vendor and bought some.

#12 4 years ago

Super for Tourneys...real for home.

#13 4 years ago

I have Super Bands on all my machines too. It is true that machines have a different "feel" when you first use them after the traditional rubber ones. My Flash machine hasnt got the strongest set of flippers going around, but after swapping to Super Bands the shots are far easier to make. My suggestion is, just try them on one machine and see what you think, it's not like they are mega expensive.

#14 4 years ago

Who has the best price on these?

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#15 4 years ago

Love Super bands! Have them on all my pins and all my future pins.

#16 4 years ago

I think they're all like 1.95 pretty much everywhere.

#17 4 years ago

I tried out super bands and now i well never go back i love super bands

#18 4 years ago

Look awesome and feel awesome when flip handling. Also clean up very easy.

#19 4 years ago

From my experience, they wear like iron, are really easy to clean, & make game play much more enjoyable with improved control.
I hear that they are working on rings next. Can't wait!

#20 4 years ago

I resisted for quite some time but picked up a set for one of my machines at the SFGE last month. Tried them out and immediately ordered a set for all my machines. They do bounce more but I find it easier to stop and catch a ball with them installed. I feel I have more ball control with them.

#21 4 years ago

I like them on some games and not on others. It surely makes the game easier with them. Much easier to save shots at the tips of the flipper.

#22 4 years ago

Love 'em...got 'em on every game now.

#23 4 years ago

hey if you guys get bored check out my pinball ranking system for players tell me what you think

#24 4 years ago

Like em on most games. Some classics i prefer original.

#25 4 years ago

I wouldn't order up any Super Bands yet, I hear the next generation flipper rubbers are going to be made out of Silly Putty.

#26 4 years ago

It took me a while to warm to them, but I think Super Bands are great for modern Stern pins, and I have them installed on my AC/DC and STLE. They just really work well with the sharp and snappy Stern flippers.

For older Bally/Williams games, I've tried them and they just don't feel right. B/W flippers are a bit spongier and have a little more give. The Super Bands just make the flippers feel off.

That said, if you're a competition player, better get used to them. Operators love them because they wipe down easily and are extremely durable. I've been to a few tournaments where they were on every machine.

#27 4 years ago

Took super bands off after 3 games. Ugh.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

I like them on some games and not on others. It surely makes the game easier with them. Much easier to save shots at the tips of the flipper.

Yeah for sure...I just got my first game with them where they were installed...I'm putting up my best scores ever on Fish Tales...800 tonight...700 the day before. My previous high on FT, in hundreds of games, was around 600.

I'm making saves that I can't believe I'm making...basically digging balls out of the outhole.

It's actually pretty fun, I always found that game a little difficult and this thing is fun as hell to play.

That being said I won't buy them or put them on any other machines.

#29 4 years ago

Has anyone tried super posts (bumpers and/or posts)? I just ordered some, any opinions?

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah for sure...I just got my first game with them where they were installed...I'm putting up my best scores ever on Fish Tales...800 tonight...700 the day before. My previous high on FT, in hundreds of games, was around 600.
I'm making saves that I can't believe I'm making...basically digging balls out of the outhole.
It's actually pretty fun, I always found that game a little difficult and this thing is fun as hell to play.
That being said I won't buy them or put them on any other machines.

Do they make 'em for lightning flippers?
-mof

#31 4 years ago

I used to have them on some games but took them off. Dont like how they play as dead bounces are not very good. If anyone is interested in some I have many that are brand new and have a few different colors i'd sell for 1/2 what they retail for.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Do they make 'em for lightning flippers?
-mof

Standard ones will work on lightning flippers just fine.

#33 4 years ago

Super bands make such a huge difference on a pinball machine ....I have them on all my games ....
Besides its Chuck Norris approved !!!

image-400.jpg
#34 4 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Has anyone tried super posts (bumpers and/or posts)? I just ordered some, any opinions?

Yup, they're great - and durable...definitely a must for those games where the post rubber takes a beating and breaks quickly.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I used to have them on some games but took them off. Dont like how they play as dead bounces are not very good. If anyone is interested in some I have many that are brand new and have a few different colors i'd sell for 1/2 what they retail for.

Does KME hate them? Thought I saw a tourney once where he entered some initials like "H8SPRBNDS"

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup, they're great - and durable...definitely a must for those games where the post rubber takes a beating and breaks quickly.

Did you use them on your ST? Those ramp bumpers take a licking!

#37 4 years ago

I don't see any gain in flipper power using super bands. If anything I see a reduction. I prefer bacon.

#38 4 years ago

I love them,great ball control,a must try.

#39 4 years ago

I like them from a feel basis and consistency vs. various ages or rubber.

One note with these and urethane in general is that the play field stays cleaner as there isn't that rubber residue from break down that gums up pieces and parts.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Did you use them on your ST? Those ramp bumpers take a licking!

Yup! Regular rubber broke right away. Even the Pinball Universe transparent rubber on those ramp posts broke pretty quickly from hard shots....Super Bands, though...so far so good. Way more durable and crystal clear!

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

I have Super Bands on ALL my games! They play great wear awesome! and are Super easy to clean! They have many colors to choose from!

I Have the Super Mini Posts on most of my games and they wear awesome (not any that I have seen!) clean up like their Band brothers, and the color choices are great also!

Phoebe

#42 4 years ago

+1

If you want pretty colors the Saturn bans (#2) actually mimic the original bans much better.

The problem with the urethane stuff is you can get used to catching..ball control ect. Then you play on a machine that has the originality and it's a totally different feel and much harder to control

I'd rather learn 'ball skills' (Teehee) on original flipper bans...then surprise myself on the urethane stuff. The Super Band 'bounce' is completely different and dead (thus making ball control MUCH easier) compared to the original stuff. The Saturn #2 bounce pretty close to the originals

Quoted from TheLaw:

Super for Tourneys...real for home.

#43 4 years ago

I have them on half of my games, but some times they are too sticky. Like they will stop the ball when you are expecting it to roll.

I don't know if this is due to age the bands look kind of rough on my XMLE, is there a way to clean them off to make them less grippy short of replacing them?

#44 4 years ago

I installed the urethane post sleeves on my T2. They look awesome! The bounce-back is incredible. Its like a super ball bouncing right back at you! On T2 the effect is really good but I could see it not being good on some titles.

#45 4 years ago

I'm still trying them all.
3 types of Saturn's
Superbands
Prototype ones haha.

#46 4 years ago

i love the way they look.

they play just a little bit differently. i don't mind, but i understand if people don't like the different feel. the difference is pretty minor, though. anyone acting like it totally changes the feel of the game is exaggerating.

durability, ease of cleaning, and lack of debris on the playfield are objective plusses for the product though.

#47 4 years ago

I also experienced higher scores with the super bands on (I don't necessarily see this as a plus). However, I like that they're easier to clean and don't wear the way rubber rings do.

#48 4 years ago

I want to like them because they look cool, clean off easy, and are more durable than standard flipper rubbers but I just can't get over the difference in feel and how much different they react with the ball. They are way stickier than regular rubbers and the ball rolls differently on them. Granted I probably have <100 games experience on Superbands, so maybe it will take a while longer to warm up to them?

About the closest analogy I could make would be if you played baseball/softball and used exclusively wood bats for many years and then switched to aluminum or composite. All the bats serve the same purpose but they have a much different feel and the ball comes off the bat differently for all of them. The aluminum/composite bat will likely give you better results but there's something about the crack of a wood bat that just feels right.

#49 4 years ago

I have them on 3/5 games and like them, though I think it depends on the game and how you want that game to feel. They seem to make the games feel poppier, but they make it harder to stop/catch balls for me. On a game with weaker flippers I think they help a lot. I think they've definitely improved my scores on some games and made those games feel more exciting. They make my Dr. Dude play like a different game, for sure, and that's a good thing.

#50 4 years ago

Superbands give surgical precision.

You would not want them on route games because players will do much better, but for home use they are great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashton-sandy Spring, MD
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 28.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zürich, ZH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pleasanton, CA
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 399.95
$ 10.95
$ 109.99
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside