Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PinNin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-247.jpg
    image-954.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Ordered white Super Bands for my X-MEN LE. No issue with the regular soft white rubber from pinballlife. They just got very dirty and worn quickly . So I heard the Super Band will not ware and retain grime as much. I about broke my fingers trying to stretch the Super Bands 0.5x1.5 over the flipper bats. You need to work out to get the damn things on. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/39-6519-24 Do other pinheads on this site like the Super Bands and were they hard to put on your flipper bats

#2 10 years ago

I like the way they look. Gameplay....depends on the game. Difficulty of installation....yes, they can be a bitch. Best way to do it for me personally has been to slide them over the fat end of the flipper then use my thumbs to push and slide the thing the rest of the way on. I can make a little video at some point if you want but I'm pretty sure someone already posted that a while back. Easiest to do on the playfield.

*edit* How did that picture get on here...maybe I should stop posting from two clients at the same time LMAO

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I can make a little video at some point if you want but I'm pretty sure someone already posted that a while back. Easiest to do on the playfield

Go for it . I will watch.

#4 10 years ago

Yeah, trying to put a set of those suckers on my F-14 and my hand slipped and I cut the sh*t out of my knuckle t. I like them ok but did not run to put them on all of my pins. As far as rubbers getting dirty, I like the rubber cleaner that Pinballlife sells to get them looking new again.

#5 10 years ago

I have Super Bands on most of my games. I like the way they play, love the way they look, and clean up. No wear so far, and my games have been to several shows with them installed, and My Congo was in the Louisville tournament last weekend with them installed with no issues.
    As far as installing them, yeah they are a bit tough, but not that bad. You just have to work with them a little and they go on fine. Start with them on the fat end of the flipper bat and work your way down.

Phoebe

#6 10 years ago

I just ordered sets for all my games. I will post after I play a few games and get over my future hernia from getting them on.

#7 10 years ago

I put them on my Black Hole. With the standard rubber bands, I would, on occasion, get an air ball that would hit the glass, after being hit by the flipper. Not one air ball after installing the super bands. Yes, they were a bit** getting them on as I somehow cut my thumb.

#8 10 years ago

I have liked them on everything I have gotten around to installing the, on so far. MET, ACDC, ST, TRON so far. Ordered up the minis for my new TSPP, and will be putting them on TAF and TSPP this week. I love the feel of them.

#9 10 years ago

I have them on most of my machines now... grabs the ball so well it feels like a cheat

Not one have broken yet... and yes get behind the fat end of the flipper... slip it over that end and just slide the other end along the top of the bat with both your thumbs. I used to get my thumbs actually into the rubber as I moved forward and that of course pinches when you make it over the bat and have to get your fingers out.

Just slide it forward until it makes it over the tip...

Just got some Saturn fluorescent rubbers that will light up if you have purple LED strips by your flippers. Looks *awesome* but the quality is crap unfortunately... in 3 days I've come back to the Shadow and had TWO rubbers break when I wasn't watching. These are brand new btw.

#10 10 years ago

The super bands are very easy to put on if you pre-stretch them. As well, they are amazing. You should check out the Super Band Post's as well

Others may have already said this:

1. Pre-stretch the band
    2. Put one end on the thick end of the flipper and stretch to the pointy end.

#11 10 years ago

I took off my Super Bands and have gone back to strictly Saturn Bands. I haven't had a single one break if it was hardness 1, wonder if that's part of it or not. The 1s play like red rubber, feels like a good compromise.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I like the way they look. Gameplay....depends on the game. Difficulty of installation....yes, they can be a bitch. Best way to do it for me personally has been to slide them over the fat end of the flipper then use my thumbs to push and slide the thing the rest of the way on. I can make a little video at some point if you want but I'm pretty sure someone already posted that a while back. Easiest to do on the playfield.
    *edit* How did that picture get on here...maybe I should stop posting from two clients at the same time LMAO

Yea, what he says, except I put a screw driver inside the loop and pull towards the point. I have put several of these things on and for me the screw driver is the easiest. Must be careful not to scratch the flipper. Pull beyond the tip and slide it down.

image-954.jpg 262 KB

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

The super bands are very easy to put on if you pre-stretch them. As well, they are amazing. You should check out the Super Band Post's as well
    1. Pre-stretch the band

How do you pre-stretch them?

#14 10 years ago

Just this weekend I finished putting super bands on ALL of my games, I love them, easier to catch and I feel my shots are more solid and consistent. I used Saturn Rings first, had trouble with them breaking constantly, also had weird "flaws" in about half of them that basically I couldn't install them for fear it would affect play, they felt ok but I like the super bands better.

On that note my hands and fingers hurt like Sh*t with tons of cuts from getting those Super bands on.

#15 10 years ago

Like them so far. Wasn't real happy installing though. Slipped and flaked a piece off of my brass flipper bat.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

On that note my hands and fingers hurt like Sh*t with tons of cuts from getting those Super bands on.

That right take one for the team .

#17 10 years ago

I like em... Don't get dirty, good colors to match or dress up playfield. Not too bouncy like some colors..Play more like a set of black rubber

#18 10 years ago

I still don't understand why people are having such a hard time installing these. I have put on over 40 Super Bands without any troubles. Pre-stretch and install fat end to little end. After a few try's it will get much easier I promise.

Quoted from thepinballworks:

Just use two fingers and two hands. Or two screw drivers. Just give them a quick stretch and they go on much better.

Quoted from Aurich:

I took off my Super Bands and have gone back to strictly Saturn Bands. I haven't had a single one break

Never had a Super Band break. However, I assume with anything if you have a tiny chip/cut any band will snap.

#19 10 years ago

I use them for a night as a cock ring and after that, they are good to go.

#21 10 years ago

The way I pre-stretch mine is to put it on the outside of the forks on a large channel lock pliers and open the pliers up . Keep extending the stretch as far as you can and hold. Four or five minutes of this and they are ready to put on (still tight but much easier).

#22 10 years ago

I will give the good suggestions a try. Thanks

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I use them for a night as a cock ring and after that, they are good to go.

Man, they are way too tight to be comfortable!

#24 10 years ago

Well, now that we all know that Vid has personal issues...

1 week later
    #25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

1. Pre-stretch the band

+1

Videos:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-how-to-easily-install-super-bands
    http://www.pinnin.de/en/Pinball/Categories/Super-Bands/Super-Bands-FAQ/

#26 10 years ago

I have them on all but two of my games. I really like the way they grip the ball. And they are IMPOSSIBLE to put on a flipper bat that's not installed in a game. Try it - it's crazy! I've just bought some clear ones for my Bride of Pinbot posts (there will be blue on the bats). They look real nice.

#27 10 years ago

I've taken them out of every game I've tried them in. I can't get used to the slipperiness of them.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from awarner:

I really like the way they grip the ball.

Quoted from Piparoo:

I can't get used to the slipperiness of them.

So do they grip or do they slip?

I've found them to grip the ball better than traditional rubbers. I like the way they look and the easy cleanup, plus if PAPA and other groups are going to start using them competitively I want to get used to how they play. I've got them on all my games.

#29 10 years ago

I'm no expert but it seemed like they didn't alter ball rotation as much as my rubber flipper bands. That's what I was referring to in terms of slipperiness.

#30 10 years ago

I personally don't like these, but feel bad you guys are having so much trouble getting them on.
    Put a zip tie on them, pull them over the flipper, and cut the zip tie off. Easy!
    You can put on a few w/ one zip tie.

Awarner: When I first got these the only way I could get them on was w/ the flipper bats off the game. I would put them on a spare set for a couple days to stretch them out, then put them on the pin. Then I saw someone else mention the zip tie trick. I always do things backwards tho

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from awarner:

I have them on all but two of my games. I really like the way they grip the ball. And they are IMPOSSIBLE to put on a flipper bat that's not installed in a game. Try it - it's crazy! I've just bought some clear ones for my Bride of Pinbot posts (there will be blue on the bats). They look real nice.

I add a third tutorial to my FAQs how to install Super-Bands on a loose flipper bat. Maybe helpful for you.

http://www.pinnin.de/en/Pinball/Categories/Super-Bands/Super-Bands-FAQ/

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-bands-standard-05-x-15-do-you-like and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.