• Latest reply 9 years ago by Lermods
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Just picked up a LOTR and wanted to know if installing super bands is the way to go . I see some complaints about the power of the flippers . My flippers seem to work fine with a well placed shot and no problems with the ring shot .

#2 9 years ago

Super Bands will help a lot with backhanding that right ramp. I just find I have a bit more control with the ball using supers on any game.

#3 9 years ago

Try 'em out. Don't like 'em? Take them off.

I took them off, personally; however, that's a personal preference.

#4 9 years ago

Or you can try one on each flipper, just to mess with the people playing pinball too seriously.

#5 9 years ago

In my experience, superbands make perfectly good games play like 280 lbs of shit.

Cool concept, but the change in grip really alters the feel of a game in a negative way.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

In my experience

Exactly. In others its quite the opposite ; )

#7 9 years ago

I like them on LOTR. I put red on and never looked back.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Super Bands will help a lot with backhanding that right ramp. I just find I have a bit more control with the ball using supers on any game.

I agree 100%.

IMHO, Super Bands help with shot control and aiming in general, but they make backhanding the right ramp (Aragorn) soooo much easier!

Backhanding the left ramp (Legolas) is still virtually impossible, except on a rebound with prior momentum.

#9 9 years ago

Love 'em.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I agree 100%.
IMHO, Super Bands help with shot control and aiming in general, but they make backhanding the right ramp (Aragorn) soooo much easier!

Add me to the list of people who agree with this as well. When I put the super bands on my LOTR it helped greatly with backhanding the right ramp. Also helped me be able to nail the Ring shot more consistently as well.

#11 9 years ago

I put orange superbands on my LOTR last year and like them. They make the game just a tad easier due to control. LOTR is a very long and difficult game to begun with so any advantage is ok with me! No matter what I would never go back to black bands, they make the game dirty faster. If you like old school then go with the traditional red rubber, less mess.

#12 9 years ago

I went with black super bands on my LOTR. Many of the colors just didn't seem to go with the LOTR color scheme. They play and look great!

#13 9 years ago

I have gold flipper bats and yellow super band on my LE. They play fine and look good I think.

#14 9 years ago

Green on mine. Can't see in pics, but goes well with my green sling GIs.

image.jpgimage.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

€ 7.50
$ 12.95
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
$ 39.50
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-bands-on-lotr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.