Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by kdunbar
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 6 years ago

Titans look and feel better but they won't last worth a damn on location. Super Bands on the other hand will. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if superbands are your only option. Might want to think about not going clear. they change the gameplay a lot. Easier to catch the ball, easier to do a lot of things. it's actually a crutch for crappy players. do you really want to change your gameplay that much?

I disagree. Some things may appear easier at first, but when you spend a lot of time with them you begin to realize other things are much harder. For instance, dead flipper bounces/bounce passes will barely work with Super Bands if the game is too shallow. Also, getting the ball under control when it's wild is much more difficult as well--with Super Bands, the ball likes to slip off the flippers and constantly stay in motion with these rubbers.

Players who care about their skill level and have multi-game setups will equip some machines with Super Bands and others with standard flipper rubbers to learn and be comfortable with both play styles. There is a big difference, but one is not inherently easier than the other.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

All of these things make me crazy.
    I can't stand anything but rubber on the flippers. I bought a few pairs of superbands and the like when they were initially rolled out, but after playing games that had them I decided never to install them on any of my games.
    Everywhere else on my games I will experiment, but ONLY rubber on the flippers.

I personally prefer traditional rubber and rotate around with different colors to change the bounce/feel of the game (black, vs blue, vs red, etc). However, I was mainly responding to the comment about Super Bands being "a crutch for crappy players". I think if someone is worried about their skill level they are probably playing in competition regularly, and in that situation you want to be comfortable with all styles of rubber. Otherwise, play and use what you want.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I guess if you only play at your house, you don't care what you get used to. If you play a lot of tournaments, you do not want to get used to them because most tournaments don't use them because the play difference is so drastic.

In my experience, lots of tournaments use a mix of rubbers. So yes, you want to be used to all of it. Especially if you go to something huge like Pinburgh.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-bands-crazy-expensive-vs-titan?tu=akm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.