Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by kdunbar
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrJoe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

Super-Bands are cast polyurethane, hand-molded one ring at a time, each needing hand-finishing and cleaning. The custom urethane formula is dispensed via state-of-the-art casting machines under an ISO-9001-certified quality system. They are made in Pennsylvania, USA. They look different, and far outlast any silicone rings. Some people see the value in high-quality American-made polyurethane rings, others don't. The price is indicative of production costs, not over-inflated margins.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Superbands salesman much?
    I prefer Titan over superbands. Superbands feel dead; don't have the same bounce as rubber.
    Back to the original post, Titan has translucent rings. They are sometimes out of stock, but if you email them, they can give you an estimate on how long it'll be before they come back in stock. They are very active on Pinside and have their own product thread. I highly recommend them.

Yes, actually since I came up with them and manufacture them. Unlike others, I choose to not actively promote the product on Pinside constantly, and I sell only through distributors. My post was relevant to the original post discussing pricing differences.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrJoe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-bands-crazy-expensive-vs-titan?tu=DrJoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.