Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by kdunbar
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from akm:

I disagree. Some things may appear easier at first, but when you spend a lot of time with them you begin to realize other things are much harder. For instance, dead flipper bounces/bounce passes will barely work with Super Bands if the game is too shallow. Also, getting the ball under control when it's wild is much more difficult as well--with Super Bands, the ball likes to slip off the flippers and constantly stay in motion with these rubbers.
    Players who care about their skill level and have multi-game setups will equip some machines with Super Bands and others with standard flipper rubbers to learn and be comfortable with both play styles. There is a big difference, but one is not inherently easier than the other.

I guess if you only play at your house, you don't care what you get used to. If you play a lot of tournaments, you do not want to get used to them because most tournaments don't use them because the play difference is so drastic.

I tried out some Titan rings on my Spooky. The ring difference isn't as drastic as the flippers are. But there is still a difference. Ball is more wild and gets weird spin on it, that I normally would not see. Unfortunately, I only get to shop out one of my games about once every 4 months, so once they were on, I just left them, as I have other games that need attention more, when my 4 month gap actually shows up. so they will have to stay for now. but I will not put them on another game in ring form or flipper rubber ever again. Superbands or titans.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

HAll my pin friends moan because there all waaaaay too fast and they cant progress through the game far enough.

Yeah but those guys suck

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I guess if you only play at your house, you don't care what you get used to. If you play a lot of tournaments, you do not want to get used to them because most tournaments don't use them because the play difference is so drastic.

In my experience, lots of tournaments use a mix of rubbers. So yes, you want to be used to all of it. Especially if you go to something huge like Pinburgh.

#54 6 years ago

game was designed with regular rubber, so regular rubber it is.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from akm:

In my experience, lots of tournaments use a mix of rubbers. So yes, you want to be used to all of it. Especially if you go to something huge like Pinburgh.

I experience non rubber choices very very seldom. People tried them in the beginning and looked like that was what was going to be used, but then people realized how much the play was effected and went back to regular rubber. I didn't play one game with superbands or titans at pinburgh.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-bands-crazy-expensive-vs-titan/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.