Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by orangegsx
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190504_153154_resized (resized).jpg
    20181229_134859_resized (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikrox2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago

This is partly why I got deeper and deeper into this hobby! The friends I've made, it's amazing. But my best story so far - all true - met a lady on line selling parts for PB machines. Turned out her husband (and dog) had recently passed away. After several purchases and emails we too became friends. I tried to help her get a machine working that her late husband had been working on, just as a simple way to express my gratitude to her. After several phone attempts, I get on a plane and fly down to help at her house. (It was a Thanksgiving weekend and I had no place to go) I did all I could ( was then and still now a newbie) but I couldn't get the game going.

I listed the problems here on Pinside, and then the help arrived. Someone say "Cavalry"? I wont mention names (to protect them from bombardments of requests) - but one person sent us an MPU board to get it to boot, another helped me get the SDB working, then subsequent follow up's from other selfless people here, and we got the machine working. Over the next year I actually acquired the game from her, we stay in touch weekly (if not daily) and I hope in some small way I've helped her move past the pain of losing a loved one. She, along with several others here that I've met, are now life long friends.

"Our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, But I'd of had to miss the dance"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikrox2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-awesome-pinball-community-stories?tu=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.