5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 69 days ago by middaleman
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180914_140450 (resized).jpg
    20180914_141142 (resized).jpg
    20180914_140642 (resized).jpg
    20180914_140502 (resized).jpg
    20180914_140635 (resized).jpg
    20180914_182437 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3250 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3249 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9473 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9471 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9470 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9472 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20151230_205210_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160115_232139_(resized).jpg

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Video walk thru...

The owner is a rad collector operator and the workers are nice.

#2 5 years ago

Wow, what a dream collection, and what a place!
    I wonder if the humidity from the clotheswashers is detrimental to the machines?

#3 5 years ago

Bbb, mm, AFM, taf, and a sm black. Very cool find.

#4 5 years ago

Some photos...

20140801_173824.jpg 20140801_173834.jpg 20140801_184157.jpg 20140801_184207.jpg
    #5 5 years ago

More photos...

20140801_191434.jpg 20140801_191442.jpg 20140801_193117.jpg 20140801_184221.jpg 20140801_191127.jpg
    #6 5 years ago

Made me think, modern pinball needs a laundry in it.

#7 5 years ago

Wow ! That is amazing. They all look very well maintained.

#8 5 years ago

humidity,detergents,fabric softener,lint and not a security bar on any game.and the customers will fold their clothes on the games. the games are going to get beat to shit. joe

#9 5 years ago

BBB should never be at any location.

Black SM too.

#10 5 years ago

In all on Manhattan there is not one location game that is beat to shit. Peter from sunshine keeps his games in great condition. I saw him fixing a switch problem at upright coffee in the wet village yesterday. Very nice guy and he has been doing this for a long time.

I am also impressed with Al from Brooklyn pinball's games. I cannot believe how well they play for location games.

I have only seen one beat up game in NYC and that was a iron man in red hook.

Thank you to all the ops in NYC that are putting high quality games on location for all of us!

M

#11 5 years ago

I love the Maximum Force gun game inside the laundry machine.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I love the Maximum Force gun game inside the laundry machine.

I'll upload footage of it in action soon...

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

BBB should never be at any location.
    Black SM too.

False. They are pinball machines. Exactly where they belong.

#15 5 years ago

Sunshine is the best! For those worried for the machines, they are kept in better shape than most HUO machines. He's always got a list of projects to make the machines even better, and he swaps them out on a regular basis to keep things interesting. He takes pride in having beautiful and special games on location for people to enjoy.

Highly recommend a trip out here! Peter is often around later in the evenings and weekends.

#17 5 years ago

Here's the current games list (accurate as of 12 hours ago when I was there.. )

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/sunshine-laundry-4421-brooklyn-ny-united-states

All 50¢ except for AC/DC and Spider Man Black which are (75¢ / 3 for $2) and BBB which is $1.
    Safe Cracker does not dispense tokens.
    The T2 on top of the washing machine is fully functional, and hilarious to see people play.

#18 5 years ago

+1 Pete's a great guy and his collection is superb

He pretty much has all the A-List titles and I only wish I was closer
    Games are in great shape, and he literally has a back room FULL of replacement parts and he's constantly repearing and restoring his games,
    He does all PM, Coil sleeves, new rubbers, new coils, new balls, as if all these games were in his own personal home,
    Plus he usually has a few games to sell!

Oh and an open invitation to anyone, Pete's looking for a CQ/HUO TOTAN,
    So if anyone has one feel free to PM me and I'll put you guys in touch

#19 5 years ago

Holy Cripes! What other public location (other than a pinball museum) are you going to be able to play a BBB, CC, SS and MB in one place? There's not a single arcade I know of up here in MA that even one of these. This guy's a regular pinphilanthropist. It might well be worth taking one of those $10 catch on fire buses down there just to spend the day playing these

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from raisindot:

Holy Cripes! What other public location (other than a pinball museum) are you going to be able to play a BBB, CC, SS and MB in one place?

Flippers near OBX, NC

#21 5 years ago

very cool. good to see pins on location somewhere

#22 5 years ago

I'd be concerned about a bed bug infestation. Those machines would be ruined if they need to be treated. It would be devastating.

#23 5 years ago

Wife can do my laundry and i could play pins

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from deeznuts:

I'd be concerned about a bed bug infestation. Those machines would be ruined if they need to be treated. It would be devastating.

Over the course of a decade of bedbug panic in NYC, I haven't heard about one infested laundromat.

Nobody sleeps there, and everything is laundered constantly. Pretty much the safest place for pins in the city as far as that goes.

#25 5 years ago

Was at Sunshine Laundromat a month ago and had a great time except for two things - SC Token Issue and Dirty Adaams. ok, now I will explain.

First, there was a token issue on SC. Why is this a big deal you might ask? Maybe because I owned SC for ten years and recycled forty tokens into assaulting the vault, during that time. All tokens were won during the first five years of ownership. That translates into no tokens the last five. So having only won forty tokens over ten years means I am due to win some more. I played SC at Sunshine for an hour and won FIVE tokens !!! That's right folks - five tokens in a very short amount of time. You might say I was on fire. Well I said won five tokens, but in reality the game had no tokens to give. Instead I won five big fat nothings. Really pissed me off and I felt like asking for 5 game credits, but I didn't raise an issue because I didn't expect Safe Cracker in the wild to have them, although it would have been sweet.

Then TAF was as filthy a pin as the dirtiest pin you've ever seen, and then make it much worse. It may never have been cleaned it's entire life, for all I know. Many lights were low and some were burnt so suffice it to say TAF needed a full shop job - STAT. The issues for that TAFwere so egregious, I felt that it probably had been reported a few times by now.

All that said, it was a fabulous three-hour excursion into pinball nirvana.

Sunshine Laundromat has the cleanest pins in town

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

By your post I can see that you haven't been to Modern Pinball NYC

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eddie:

Well, the machines are usually well maintained at Sunshine Cleaners, which is why the dirty TAF really stood out. And it makes for a great pun.

I'll admit Modern Pinball keeps all their games in tip-top shape (yeah Eddie!) and that most are modded out in ways that many collectors prefer. A stop there is more akin to visiting a high-end collectors house.

#28 5 years ago

i would say that peter's games are almost as clean at modern pinball.

and Al, who routes most of the games in town, keeps his games seriously clean.
    he just put a champion pub into pioneer bar. its near pen station.

#29 5 years ago

Wow loving the NYC talk. I haven't been since my pinball addiction manifested itself (one trip to Modern Pinball, thats it). I need to take a trip and hit Sunshine, Reciprocal Skateboards, and that Champion Pub near Penn Station!

#30 5 years ago

Don't forget Jack Bar

#31 5 years ago

Yes true, thanks Mike! Im making my first trip down to Middletown NY (not NYC i know) for Rock Fantasy next Thursday. Great lineup there too, and only an hour north of NYC I believe?

#32 5 years ago

love rock fantasy.
    i just heard that the owner was in a car accident.
    i believe the store is still open but he won't be around.

he is a very nice guy.

m.

#33 5 years ago

The Champion Pub went out of Pioneers. Had some issues to resolve including the jumprope was impossible even though it worked somewhat. It was replaced by a Magneto. Still cool place.
    Al

#34 5 years ago

Here's a pic of Pioneers X Men. Plays greatimage.jpg

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from aveamike:

love rock fantasy.
    i just heard that the owner was in a car accident.
    i believe the store is still open but he won't be around.

Dang. Hope he gets better soon

Quoted from deadzebra:

The T2 on top of the washing machine is fully functional, and hilarious to see people play.

I WILL be playing that someday

#36 4 years ago

Was at Sunshine Laundromat a month ago and had a great time except for two things - SC Token Issue and Dirty Adaams. ok, now I will explain.
    First, there was a token issue on SC. Why is this a big deal you might ask? Maybe because I owned SC for ten years and recycled forty tokens into assaulting the vault, during that time. All tokens were won during the first five years of ownership. That translates into no tokens the last five. So having only won forty tokens over ten years means I am due to win some more. I played SC at Sunshine for an hour and won FIVE tokens !!! That's right folks - five tokens in a very short amount of time. You might say I was on fire. Well I said won five tokens, but in reality the game had no tokens to give. Instead I won five big fat nothings. Really pissed me off and I felt like asking for 5 game credits, but I didn't raise an issue because I didn't expect Safe Cracker in the wild to have them, although it would have been sweet.
    Then TAF was as filthy a pin as the dirtiest pin you've ever seen, and then make it much worse. It may never have been cleaned it's entire life, for all I know. Many lights were low and some were burnt so suffice it to say TAF needed a full shop job - STAT. The issues for that TAFwere so egregious, I felt that it probably had been reported a few times by now.
    All that said, it was a fabulous three-hour excursion into pinball nirvana.

I played the Addams at Sunshine last month and it was buggy. The guy 'working' there (playing with his cell phone) said they recently removed the old Addams Family because it was sold and they put a different one into service which was in the process of shopped. He gave me a refund and made a note of the problem. Fast forward to my next visit a week later and there's a fully functional very nice condition Addams Family on the floor with bright LED's and there isn't a speck of mansion wear, flippers are strong, plays fine. Apparently the employee was actually paying attention.

Safecracker didn't give me any tokens either but when you win them the game still gives you a magic credit - just press the flashing start button and it plays the special animation and goes right into the special multi-ball game, no token required. You still need to earn the magic credit but when you do you receive the special game. This is with every Safecracker, not just the one at Sunshine, as the game knows it is not dispensing tokens and it compensates accordingly.

The overall cleanest and consistently best playing games in New York City are absolutely at Sunshine Laundry and also some nice ones just down the road at Creek and Cave. I try to visit these locations a few times a month and both prove pins can play with reliability and proper function on location.

Creek has a good lineup of Stern games and there's always an LE or two in the group. Al is good about keeping the games serviced plus he changes them out frequently so there's often something new.

Quoted from Eddie:

I've been to Modern four or five times in the almost year and it's fun but inconsistent. Modern does keep the games physically clean and they win in the quantity of machines category but the games at Creek and Cave, Sunshine Laundromat and the strip of bars on the South Slope (Brooklyn) consistently play better and without all the credit dots. Creek, Sunshine and the Brooklyn bar scene also offer every top title one could desire--Stern, Bally and Williams are all best represented on the East side of the river.

I'll admit Modern Pinball keeps all their games in tip-top shape (yeah Eddie!) and that most are modded out in ways that many collectors prefer. A stop there is more akin to visiting a high-end collectors house.

A stop at Modern is more akin to visiting a collector's house. Several important top titles that would be part of a high end collector's house require visits to Bar Great Harry, Owl Farm, Midway, Sunshine Laundry and Creek and Cave. We are spoiled to have such great games on location in NYC.

Quoted from funtimewithdave:

Yes true, thanks Mike! Im making my first trip down to Middletown NY (not NYC i know) for Rock Fantasy next Thursday. Great lineup there too, and only an hour north of NYC I believe?

Rock Fantasy +1 Great owner and you can actually hear the games. Only Rock Fantasy and Sunshine Laundromat have the volume set at levels where you truly experience the game. Last visit I was the only person there and the owner turned volumes way up and set the game to free play! PINBALL HEAVEN!!!!!

-EP

3 months later
    #37 4 years ago

Sunshine Laundromat is my local spot! In fact, I have to thank Sunshine for getting me back into pinball after about a thirty-year hiatus. Sunshine is why I'm now on Pinside. And all this happened only about two months ago.

I'm lucky enough to live a five minute walk from the place. I'd been unwittingly walking past for years! I always assumed it was just a simple laundromat. I just didn't know! If you look inside the door, you can see one pin. You have to walk all the way inside to discover that there's probably more pins in there than there are washing machines! First time I walked in, my eyes nearly fell out of my head. I now go to Sunshine almost everyday to play pinball.

I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting Peter, but I've met his sweet-as-sugar chocolate lab. Full disclosure, I didn't even know some of Sunshine's games are uncommon until reading this thread. I've been out of the loop! How could I know?! So, I'm new to the hobby and saving for my first machine -- gotta have a TAF -- but between Sunshine and Modern, I guess I'm in a pretty good spot.

#38 4 years ago

Ive played at all these places and some others in the 5 boroughs .
    NYC is great for location pinball!!!!! The maintenance issues brought up here are typical for ANY location.When I arrived back in town in 05 it was probably 1/10 of what it is now.Feeling lucky!!!

3 months later
    #39 4 years ago

I just had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours here. Being from Texas, it's a once-in-a-lifetime trip, but I was in Manhattan for the first time, and made the subway ride over. Glad I did. I mainly went to play BBB, which I did, bit was lucky enough to conversation with the owner. Super nice and knowledgeable, we geeked out over pinball for a long time, talking about his machines and the business, you name it. Playing pinball is great, but sometimes talking pinball with a fellow enthusiast is better. If you are anywhere in the area, you should drop by. All machines were pristine, it was quite amazing. If you'd told me all the machines were HUO, I'd believe it.

2 months later
    #41 4 years ago

Visited the Sunshine Laundromat recently and just wanted to let pinsiders know that the place is under renovation, so right now there are just three pins out for play there--AFM, MB, and MM--all of which were 100% working. I was there on a Sunday, and the very kind employee explained that they are renovating an entire back room that will be filled with pins when the renovation is complete, and he showed me the room, which should accommodate all of the great titles that are there (currently folded up and stacked on top of the dryers). The word is that the renovation will be complete sometime this fall, so hopefully someone can confirm on this thread when the pins are all out again.

#42 4 years ago

20150727_120333.jpg

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Visited the Sunshine Laundromat recently and just wanted to let pinsiders know that the place is under renovation, so right now there are just three pins out for play there--AFM, MB, and MM--all of which were 100% working. I was there on a Sunday, and the very kind employee explained that they are renovating an entire back room that will be filled with pins when the renovation is complete, and he showed me the room, which should accommodate all of the great titles that are there (currently folded up and stacked on top of the dryers). The word is that the renovation will be complete sometime this fall, so hopefully someone can confirm on this thread when the pins are all out again.

Thanks for posting this update.
    I stopped in there and only found those 3 machines(which all played great) but was a little disappointed not to get the full experience. Now hoping to make it back in the fall.

#44 4 years ago

I updated the Pinside Map location info two weeks ago with a construction notice, but I probably should have posted in here as well, sorry! I'm local and walk by almost daily, so when things are back in full swing (and even better than before) I'll let everyone know.

#45 4 years ago

Bummer- I'm housesitting for a friend in Greenpoint in August and was really looking forward to a lot of quality Sunshine time. Oh well, the office where I'll be working isn't far from Modern so I'll still get my fix, but it won't be the same.

5 months later
    #46 3 years ago
    Quoted from deadzebra:

I'm local and walk by almost daily, so when things are back in full swing (and even better than before) I'll let everyone know.

How's it looking over at Sunshine these days? Sadly, I no longer live nearby. Now I'm deeper in Brooklyn and it'd be a special trip.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from MeatWithGravy:

How's it looking over at Sunshine these days? Sadly, I no longer live nearby. Now I'm deeper in Brooklyn and it'd be a special trip.

It's rockin and rollin. Back room is done and open, 25-ish lovely pins to play, beer for sale. Sometimes the dogs are there. Flipper bat flusher on the toilet.

1 week later
    #49 3 years ago

I updated the pin map when it reopened. Yeah, it's back open and awesome! Open till 4am, beer, wine and pizza available, most games now 75c vs the 50c they used to be.

IMG_20160115_232148_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20151230_205222_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160115_232139_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20151230_205210_(resized).jpg

#50 3 years ago

Arguably (if even possible) the best line-up in NYC. Tough to top it!. Peter is a good guy, and deserves the patronage.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 12.75
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 254.99
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 27.50
    $ 89.99
    $ 64.00
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside