(Topic ID: 1432)

Summer Pinball Shows: Which pin are you dying to play?

By drbond

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by thokennedy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ULTRAPIN.jpg
    #1 13 years ago

The wait for the upcoming pinball shows in my area are killing me!

California Extreme in July for pinheads in my area (4 weeks from now), though shows are starting up everywhere.

With shows starting up around the country for the summer, in your area, is there any game(s) you guys are dying to play?

This is one of the games I am dying to play again...Medieval Madness.

"Trolllllllllllllllllll Beautiful!!!"

A friend of mine is looking forward to playing STTNG.

#2 13 years ago

drbond don't you live in the bay area? There are several MM's out here.

There's a decent but tough one set for 5 ball play at phoenix games in Concord. However, it's in the back room which is generally only open on Thursday league nights around 7:30pm. Casual play at that time is allowed, though.

#3 13 years ago

I usually don't head out to Concord. I live over on the east side, so its kind of far. CAX is maybe 15 mins drive max, and those games are set to free play.

I will be helping setup the show, so admission is free for me. Basically, that means free everything that weekend...except for the drinks.

#4 13 years ago

I think there's several MMs over in SF though you might want to check out.

Free play at CAX after you pay the entry fee.

I will be there. Coordinating with Randy Elwin to do some camera/projector setups for games. Should be fun!

#5 13 years ago

I'm looking forward to just being overwhelmed by all the machines, although I am looking forward to playing the TOTAN!

#6 13 years ago

Me and my friend (who is a fan of STTNG pinball) will also have a few rounds at the Ice Cold Beer or Zeke's Peak (they usually have one of each). Its always fun to go at it in that game. Shame you can't find those machines anywhere, as they disappeared with arcades.

#7 13 years ago

drbond since you expressed an interest in ST:TNG there is one that BAPA plays on league nights. I would tell you the location but it's in San Jose and only open league nights (private loc). It's in good shape. Actually, they have two, but one is maybe a parts machine. (pf is up and never seen it working)

Anyway, if you have an interest in league play then drop me an email (my email is on the pinball map, address in my avatar icon).

You don't need to be "good" (I'm not all that good compared to some of these guys). The league gets a mix of all abilities and it's as much competitive as it is social.

#8 13 years ago

To answer the original question, I would like to play a Hook in good condition. I know, I know, but... that was really the very first game I put significant quarters through back in the day. They had one at one of my old Street Fighter hangouts back in the early 90s. Many street fighter players got into it.

There was one at CAX last year but it wasn't in good shape (dmd had probs among other things).

#9 13 years ago

Ice Cold Beer. That's a bar game if I ever saw one. I can tell you why they're not around anymore: they were all destroyed by frustrated drunks trying to play a game of concentration and coordination.

For me, its been many years since I had a partnet to play Rampart with. That would be a lot of fun, but its hard to find someone who understands the game enough to be competetive.

#10 13 years ago

The Michigan expo is coming up and I'm hoping to see a Big Bang Bar - you never know. Other than that I've never had a chance to play some of the 80s classics like Taxi and Space Shuttle

#11 13 years ago

I'll have to find you out there jonnyo.

I'm going to try to get my friend away from STTNG, just to show him the smile-inducing insanity of 13-ball multiball within Sega's Apollo 13. A collector brought out their Apollo 13 last year.

Love the pinball'in guys. Hilarious vids.

#12 13 years ago

I'm hoping to run into a Bonzai Run or 2 player cocktail Joust machine, both of which I have yet to play.

#13 13 years ago

There is only one......CV

#14 13 years ago

3 pins that I would like to play but have not seen yet are Ironman,Star wars ep. 1 and totan.

#15 13 years ago

Originally posted by scooter:

"3 pins that I would like to play but have not seen yet are Ironman, Star Wars ep. 1 and totan ..."

I really want to play a TOTAN as well. I love that game, and it's probably been five or six years since I came across one. When I visit the PHOF in August, TOTAN will most likely be the first machine I play.

#16 13 years ago

I have a Zeke's Peak Great game for sure, took me ahwile to get it working though as it must have sat for a longtime collecting dust..2 new motors, couple bridges and transistors, new belts, new balls, power supply work, and she plays like a champ now

I also look forward to the RARE games that you don't see as often...I was pretty excited the first time I got to play Orbitor 1 at the Seattle show, what a cool game!

#17 13 years ago

Earlier this summer at a Toronto pin show got a chance to play
    MM
    TOTAN
    CFTBL
    Champion Pub
    CV
    SWEP1
    RFM
    IM
    TOM
    TOMMY

plus a bunch of other machines, overall had a blast. love the chance to play pins you can't really find anywhere else. Or at least all in one place.

#18 13 years ago

drbond, yeah, always great to meet a fellow player. Look for me in the tournament area. On Saturday I'll be wearing a bright yellow shirt with a pinball game on the front and cargo shorts (my usual free and breezy pinball garb). It's a world cup 2010 soccer themed pinball game looking thing. I think you won't have trouble spotting me!

Likewise, if you or anyone else is willing to volunteer a couple hours for score keeping or registering people, please email me. Compensation will be in the form of ice cream and likely some tournament entries.

See you there!

#19 13 years ago

This might put off some but I'm hoping someone will bring their full-size future pin/pinmame cab, particularly with the mot-ion plunger/nudge interface. I've been thinking about building one of these for a long time since I live in an apartment and it would be ideal for me space-wise. I would like to play one.

#21 13 years ago

Last year, someone (my guess is a distributor) brought a Global VR "Ultrapin" to CAX '09. Very much like virtual pinball/pinmame. If I remember correctly, the thing had working shaker motor and extremely nice LCD display. With any luck, they will have one out there again.

ULTRAPIN.jpgULTRAPIN.jpg

#22 13 years ago

I missed that ultrapin last year, but I was only there for about half a day. I had a charity poker tournament to attend Saturday night and on Sunday, none of my friends wanted to go.

(Now I'm at the point in my addiction to pinball that I don't really care if they go or not and I'm helping set up cameras for the tournament. What a year.

I read the ultrapin story (http://bmatth.com/UltraPin-Story.html) and I think it's pretty fascinating. I would like to meet the guy.

#23 13 years ago

I find the idea really interesting, especially for people with limited space, like me. I wish I could try one.

1 week later
    #24 13 years ago

Well the Michigan pinball expo is over, and unfortunately none of the games I originally wanted to play were there . Thats not to say there weren't alot of cool games. I'm happy I finally got a chance to play both attack and revenge from cars, CV, and haunted house. The most surprising fun game for me was Indy 500...I would love to play that with a pinball pro sound system!

#25 13 years ago

Indy 500 is sort of a more obscure game from Nordman, but its pretty damn fun.

Speaking of race car themes, I am hoping to also run into a Stern Nascar at CAX. Surprisingly fun game. Felt the same way about the pinball for Congo last year.

#26 13 years ago

Thats funny you say that about Nascar...when setting up I heard someone scoff at it, so I didn't really give it a chance. Then on the last day I finally tried it out and I thought it was fun. I used to be more into Nascar when I was younger, but I am a race fan in general so that probably helped.

have fun at your show coming up

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/summer-pinball-shows-which-game-are-you-dying-to-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.