(Topic ID: 130957)

Suicide Girls Pinball Machine (probably NSFW)

By vid1900

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bobbyfaust.jpg
    moses.jpg
    TM_process_13.jpg
    TM_process_18.jpg
    TM_process_11.jpg
    TM_process_28.jpg
    TM_process_26.jpg
    TM_process_20.jpg
    413184.jpg
    413192.jpg
    image-858.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    williams playboy.jpg
    slave leia and double.jpg
    typical playboy.jpg
    There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'm thinking more of a boobs but no clam kind of thing, but obviously everyone's "ideal" is different.
    Is anyone else with me in thinking that less is more?

Ever see Domai? That's about the level I was picturing.

#102 8 years ago

Why not go with God's Girls and make it a wholesome Christian game?

#103 8 years ago

When I initially attempted to post this the thread was locked - thanks for re-opening.

FWIW, I'm 26 and have never considered owning any sort of Playboy-themed anything, the games are fine but... meh. Vid mentions Suicide Girls and my thoughts, in order:

-Holy crap, why didn't I think of that? *mind blown*
    -Ah man, going to have to fight with the wife...
    -Actually, she'd probably be into it.

I've had a few girlfriends that were *really* into SG and in general I'd say it's just a more empowering kind of thing than the whole huge-boob barbie thing. Like my wife says of Elvira - "she owns it". My two cents.

It'd probably be a big hit with the barcade operators.

#104 8 years ago

I've recently been thinking a lot about various styles of art that would be neat to see on a playfield, and tattoo art definitely crossed my mind a few times. This is the perfect theme to be done in a tattoo art style! Is that what you're thinking? I think that's the touch that would make the theme really fly.

Are there any games that have been done in a definitively tattoo art style?

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from toddkay:

Centaur and Centaur II.

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Another thing that probably needs to be discussed is how "sexy" should it be?
    Joe Vargis' Comet that he is retheming into SG is VERY explicit.
    I'm thinking more of a boobs but no clam kind of thing, but obviously everyone's "ideal" is different.
    Is anyone else with me in thinking that less is more?

i think the more non-explicit, the more places you could place it. Thinking commercially, not home use. Maybe do something like the stern playboy, where you can adjust the level of nudity...i think in some states you can't have nudity in bars unless they have special permits. Could be wrong.

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from toddkay:

I've recently been thinking a lot about various styles of art that would be neat to see on a playfield, and tattoo art definitely crossed my mind a few times. This is the perfect theme to be done in a tattoo art style! Is that what you're thinking? I think that's the touch that would make the theme really fly.

Yes, there was a custom game at the NW pinball show this month that was done in a full on tattoo style. Very cool. I'll try and dig up the link when I'm not on my phone. Was running FAST hardware.

#108 8 years ago

Yeah, better to have artful covering in the playfield and backglass, and have some sort of changeable art in the game that could be made explicit if the owner wants. Or offer two versions - same layout and rules, one PG-13 and one R.

#109 8 years ago

This thread is lame now. I admit to not reading the words.

Page 1 is fantastic!

#110 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Yes, there was a custom game at the NW pinball show this month that was done in a full on tattoo style. Very cool. I'll try and dig up the link when I'm not on my phone. Was running FAST hardware.

Brian Cox made Tattoo Mystique.

http://space-eight.com

First complete game running the FAST hardware and running the Mission Pinball Framework.

Brian did a really great job!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Page 1 is fantastic!

Relax, o ye of little faith. Page 1 was a trick to get people interested in a subject on Pinside that was not just crying, bitching or saying that someone needs to go to jail.

<image removed by Moderator>

#112 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Page 1 is fantastic!

One more so you can sleep.

<Image removed by Moderator>

#113 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Another thing that probably needs to be discussed is how "sexy" should it be? Is anyone else with me in thinking that less is more?

Yes, scantily clad is the way to go.

People are inevitably going to say said machine will harm women and children. If you take your kid to a public pool, they'll see the same exact stuff except for real.

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

There's dozens, but I'll say a Northwood with 4 spindles and a 20 position tool changer would be my dream machine if I had a large enough electrical service.
    If you are talking Shopbots or CAMaster type units, your 30-50 minutes is completely respectable.
    Over on the Mechmate forums, we build 5x10' routers that are about 8x stiffer than Shopbot, and only cost $4k. Best part is, if you build it yourself, you can service it yourself, lol :
    http://mechmate.com/

How do you get the large metal pieces built?

#115 8 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

How do you get the large metal pieces built?

All the custom parts are laser cut then bent at the same shop.

All the other parts of the machine are standard steel profiles available anywhere. C-channel, Angle, Square Tube.......

// Error: Image 419362 not found //

// Error: Image 419363 not found //

#116 8 years ago

agree scantily clad provocative poses and expressions is plenty for the artwork, let the music and callouts be the PG-R-X rated options for the concept.
    somewhat x rated tunes? (yeah maybe NSFW)

gameplay unlocking music and videos to cause distractions and ball drains?
    if its going to have a subwoofer, might as well work it a little bit.

#117 8 years ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

Brian Cox made Tattoo Mystique.
    http://space-eight.com
    First complete game running the FAST hardware and running the Mission Pinball Framework.
    Brian did a really great job!

If you didn't click that link check this out, it's actually pretty on-topic for this thread:

TM_process_26.jpgTM_process_26.jpgTM_process_28.jpgTM_process_28.jpgTM_process_20.jpgTM_process_20.jpgTM_process_11.jpgTM_process_11.jpgTM_process_13.jpgTM_process_13.jpgTM_process_18.jpgTM_process_18.jpg

#118 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Centaur and Centaur II.

While you were posting that, I was playing Centaur ][... what a great machine. I want to own one of them someday.

#119 8 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

Cause that would be Fck'n BORING !

#120 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Cause that would be Fck'n BORING !

Yeah, sure it would!

<Image deleted by Mod>

#121 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

All the custom parts are laser cut then bent at the same shop.
    All the other parts of the machine are standard steel profiles available anywhere. C-channel, Angle, Square Tube.......
    413192.jpg
    413184.jpg

That's pretty awesome. Do they have to be 5x10 or can they be made smaller?

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

Yeah, sure it would!
    untitled.png

Hail Mary full of silicon

#123 8 years ago

I saw them in Cleveland opening for Guns and Roses about 8-9 years ago. I was pleasantly surprised!!

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

That's pretty awesome. Do they have to be 5x10 or can they be made smaller?

I think the smallest Mechmate a guy made was 3x3' for his CNC guitar workshop, and the largest was 10x28' for a sailboat builder.

Most people build 4x8' but since sometimes Baltic Birch only is available in 5x5' sheets, I caution everybody to at least think about 5x8'.

You can cut aluminum, wood, acrylic with the normal build, but of course a few guys made waterjet and plasma cutters.

#125 8 years ago

In before the lock...

#126 8 years ago
    Quoted from Imeh:

In before the lock...

There is no lock.

This is serious discussion about *the new Playboy* for the new generations of players.

#127 8 years ago

I stand corrected. I thought the silicone nun might have tipped it...

#128 8 years ago
    Quoted from toddkay:

I promise I am not trying to sound like a d bag but "tattoo style" is not a thing. There are many different artistic styles used in tattooing. The style I assume you are referring to is typically known as "American traditional."

#129 8 years ago
    Quoted from Imeh:

I stand corrected. I thought the silicone nun might have tipped it...

A thread does not need to be locked because a few people post odd things.

The mods can simply remove the pic or the post (or both) and the thread continues with the serious discussion.

I'm a mod on a few forums, and I try to never lock an intelligent thread. If a post is racist or political, I just kill the post.

#130 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

A thread does not need to be locked because a few people post odd things.
    The mods can simply remove the pic or the post (or both) and the thread continues with the serious discussion.
    I'm a mod on a few forums, and I try to never lock an intelligent thread. If a post is racist or political, I just kill the post.

I frequent a few forums (20k+posts on some) and I've seen sites go from 200+ active daily posters to almost nothing due to over moderation. The barrier of entry to starting a forum is so low, people are going to go elsewhere if they can't talk about what they want to talk about.

#131 8 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

I frequent a few forums (20k+posts on some) and I've seen sites go from 200+ active daily posters to almost nothing due to over moderation. The barrier of entry to starting a forum is so low, people are going to go elsewhere if they can't talk about what they want to talk about.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Robin can only worry about making the site he wants. If people don't like and want to leave then they're free to do so.

Pinside will carry on. Good luck finding another site with the wealth of technical knowledge, industry contacts, and mods and games for sale and trade. Closest thing is RGP, and we all know what "no moderation" looks like there.

In the meantime, the mods reopened this thread, it seems to have the blessing of the site as long as it's actually about a pinball machine, so not gonna worry about. Carry on vid.

So to get this back on track what's with the photos that look like you were screening SG bumper caps? Is that something you did?

#132 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Robin can only worry about making the site he wants. If people don't like and want to leave then they're free to do so.
    Pinside will carry on.

I wasn't commenting on robin or pinside.

#133 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

So to get this back on track what's with the photos that look like you were screening SG bumper caps? Is that something you did?

No Rich did that.

http://pinballbuilders.com/

#134 8 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

It could be called Promise Ring.

-

All joking aside, an Old Testament Bible pin with the Exodus, the Plagues, Sodom & Gomorrah could be great, and it would appeal to Muslims, Christians and Jews.

The artwork could be amazing:

moses.jpgmoses.jpg

#135 8 years ago

So, would you want to go with "classic" art style that would be contemporary to Playboy - ie. stenciled sides, basic keyline art, etc. - or would you want full-colour, modern graphics?

I'd vote for the former, if you're doing a single-level Bally knockoff.

#136 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It could be called Promise Ring.
    -
    All joking aside, an Old Testament Bible pin with the Exodus, the Plagues, Sodom & Gomorrah could be great, and it would appeal to Muslims, Christians and Jews.
    The artwork could be amazing:
    moses.jpg

Ben Heck has already pitched this idea and has considered doing it.

#137 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

So, would you want to go with "classic" art style that would be contemporary to Playboy - ie. stenciled sides, basic keyline art, etc. - or would you want full-colour, modern graphics?

Stenciled tattoo designs would be a nice touch.

#138 8 years ago

I just wonder if a SG game on route would earn and where?
    hmmm...

#139 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Painted or silkscreened sideart is always better than decals, so I'm all for that with either style game.

#140 8 years ago

Damn, how did I not know about these projects? Awesome. I just shot him an email to talk about printing.

#141 8 years ago

I took his idea for mirrored backglasses and put it on the Pinball Makers wiki. That game is truly a work of art.

#142 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Damn, how did I not know about these projects? Awesome. I just shot him an email to talk about printing.

Rich is awesome. I have known him for years. He has printed all our FAST T-Shirts, Hoodies, Stickers, etc. We even have some other work liked up that we will talk about some other time. A true professional at work. I recommend him!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#143 8 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

I just wonder if a SG game on route would earn and where?
    hmmm...

All the Playboy games, from all the different manufacturers, obviously earned well on route, otherwise they would not have made so many versions of them.

You would not see SG or Playboy at Chucky Cheeses, but bars, arcades and bowling centers would be natural locations.

Then, we widen our marking tentacles to Tattoo Parlors, Vintage Clothing shops, Alternative Hair Salons, Comic Shops, Custom Motorcycle shops, those weekend Burlesque theaters, Contemporary Art galleries, Hipster Coffee Houses......

There of course would be private collectors, and with 58% of all SG readers being women, hopefully a few empowered broads will buy their first game too.

-

The public at large views pinball as old.

I was at a graduation party and a hipster was talking to me, asking what I did.

When I mentioned restoring Pinball, he said "You are not going to believe this, but I SAW a pinball machine at a club the other day!!!! It was called...um....it was a band..... AC/DC!"

I said "Yeah, that's a really great game!"

He said "I bet. That's a REALLY old one, eh?"

-

Suicide Girls could not be perceived as old or moldy.

That alone might make a new person play it.

#144 8 years ago

Take my money vid1900! Will even take the LE!

#145 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

an Old Testament Bible pin

With video.

#146 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I was at a graduation party and a hipster was talking to me, asking what I did.
    When I mentioned restoring Pinball, he said "You are not going to believe this, but I SAW a pinball machine at a club the other day!!!! It was called...um....it was a band..... AC/DC!"
    I said "Yeah, that's a really great game!"
    He said "I bet. That's a REALLY old one, eh?"

Heh. Please cite this exchange the next time the elder class can't comprehend the backlash over oldie brands like AC/DC, Rolling Stones, Metallica, and KISS getting new pins...

Hey, music is music, and if it's popular then cool deal. But think about it: Kiss, Guns-N-Roses, The Beatles (Beat Time)... they were pretty new to the scene when those original pins were made, and not yet associated with the words "classic" or "oldies" for a station prefix. As for new music, I'll be honest: I'm not sure which modern "new" bands have the biggest cachet. It seems most of the big names are single performers... and being the hipster I am, the things I like best are not terribly mainstream so I'll bow out of suggestions.

As for other themes to bring the whippersnappers in, I'm surprised something like X-games hasn't been revisited. No Fear was 20 years ago, but EXXXTRREEEEEMEEE still lives. Get a Ken Block / GRC tie-in, pinball gymkhana or something. Or Fast and Furious, that's another one with stupid staying power.

Despicable Me is a GREAT family theme, edgy enough with great callout potential and lots of modes and such - kids love it, but so do the adults. More universally so than most Disney tripe. Or a LEGO pin... could you imagine that? That is a KILLER license that would appeal to everyone of any age.

Back to the topic: SG seems like a compelling enough theme in the right context. Heck, I find most "softcore" things to be cloying and pandering, but I would play this one and I'm pushing "hill" territory myself. While the SG look isn't generally one that ages well (see: People of Walmart), the vibe they cast seems to be one of self-ownership and empowerment. As a father of two girls I'd support that kind of inner strength and self-identity versus someone with fortunate genetics just gawking for the camera.

#147 8 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Or a LEGO pin... could you imagine that? That is a KILLER license that would appeal to everyone of any age.

They could easily do several virtual Lego pins with their own themes: Bioncle, NinjaGo, the Lego Movie, etc. Or just give kids a "smash the lego brick buildings" game where you can demolish a whole city with a silverball. Brick mess everywhere. Think Odama.

#149 8 years ago

I would totally put a Suicide Girls pin in my living room. SIGN ME UP.

#150 8 years ago

Hells yeah... was a huge SG fan back when I was a uni student. Now my best friend's sister shoots SG girls here in Australia. Tough job...

So SG is all for hipsters now? It used to be goth/punk rockers.. guess that those people evolved into hipsters..

But yeah old school SS style with really loud colours would be awesome. A cool rockabilly style soundtrack or a band like the gun club would go well.

There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suicide-girls-pinball-machine/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.