• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

phopf_2.jpg
DSC_0335.jpg
C37.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MurphyPeoples.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I bought this C37 about a year ago, and she is darn nice - EXCEPT for the scratch left on the playfield by the left flipper. Below is a picture. Everything else is very nice. This is an old pic from when I first purchased her, but it gives the general state of affairs. I'd like suggestions for fixing this. Perhaps there is something I'm missing? Here's the one thing I was thinking of...

Sanding the bare wood cleared area within where the scratch is, and then 2PAC semi gloss the bare wood area.

I REALLY don't want to strip the whole thing down and do an entire 2PAC. The game didn't play well when I bought it, and I've refurbished most of the switch stacks, and completely rebuilt the thermometer, and she plays great now.

I'd love to hear any thoughts or ideas. I don't have much money invested into this. About 1/2 of what they sell for now. I'm also having trouble with the decision to repaint the cabinet entirely (which isn't bad - just the purples have turned pink like they all have) - or simply air brush the purples BACK to their original color and leave her as stock as possible.

I think that's my trouble with what I think are "expensive" EM's. I'm afraid to do any cosmetic work as I have a preservationist mentality about "originality". I know... I'm weird.

PM me if you prefer to reply in that manner. Thanks for taking a look!
MurphyC37.JPGC37.JPG

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Did you rebuild the flipper/replace the bushing so it's not still dragging?

Yes sir. First thing I did when I got it home.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I had a c37 with some wear in that area. not flipper drag but what I did would of worked on that also.
I used the back edge of a wood chisel and dragged it back against the old varnish to remove it in the wood are. once it was all removed I sanded the wood area. I then matched the old wooded area color the best I could. I doesn't need to be exact due to the fact that the surrounding area is screened so the two wood colors are not touching.
I used a wipe on poly but a amber shellac would also work. I might even be a close color match to boot

How did you wipe it on? With a brush or cloth or foam brush? May I ask what brand you used. Because that turned out really well.
Also - did you tape off the entire wood area and apply? Or frisket it off?
And what did you do to get it to blend with the original clear? Sand and Buff?
Thank you very much for the reply, which is very encouraging.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MurphyPeoples.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggestions-sought-c37-playfield-scratch?tu=MurphyPeoples and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.