• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2393 (resized).JPG
#1 6 days ago

Hi All,

At first, I assumed this ramp plastic was normal, but the more I looked at it it just doesn't seem right so I checked IPDB and it appears that my ramp is warped.

Don't understand why as there's no lamps under or nearby.

It the left ramp from a Gottlieb System 3 Gladiators.

I can post better more detailed pics if anyone thinks it will help.

The left hand side is.......sort of curled over to the left more, right hand side on picture, not vertical as I'd like it to be.

It also appears that Gottlieb at the time painted the outside of the ramps in silver and I'm not sure how to tackle this correctly without wrecking/removing any paint.

You can see the warp where the plug and look is hanging over.

Any help/advice much appreciated.

IMG_2393 (resized).JPGIMG_2393 (resized).JPG

Thanks.

#2 6 days ago

You will have to create some sort of jig and put it into the oven at the lowest setting.

#3 6 days ago

I'd just heat it with a heat gun and bend it as you need to.

#4 6 days ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

I'd just heat it with a heat gun and bend it as you need to.

Without a jig, you risk deforming it in undesirable ways.

#5 6 days ago

thanks for the prompt replies......but yes I did consider a length of timber as a support/brace and held in place with plastic clamps, but which side to put the support on?

If I put it on the outside, I run the risk of possibly due to my error, ruining the inside that is seen if it goes pear shaped.
If I put it on the inside, I run the risk of ruining the silver paint that you see from the inside.
I don't have any other ramps to practice on.

Yep I'm a pessimist but thinking realistically.

My concern with using the oven is that the ramp may distort elsewhere there isn't a jig.

Still open to more suggestions, or tell me "this is what you do".

#6 5 days ago

Does it really effect the ball, or is this just cosmetic? If cosmetic, I would just leave it alone.

#7 5 days ago

i never played the game believe it or not.

was missing numerous parts of both lower flipper assemblies but it powered up......then straight into tear down.

i did think of leaving it alone as once any damage is done there's no going back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggestions-please-for-straightening-a-warp-ramp-plastic- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.