Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pinstein
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4524 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4523 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4522 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4525 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

Hi- I'm eager to purchase my first pin and am looking for suggestions on how to get my first one down the stairs into my basement before I actually pull the trigger (first things first!) . I've attached some pictures of the stairs and landing and I'm sure someone has already figured out a creative way to solve this challenge.

I'm open to purchasing a reasonably priced hand truck but as you can see from the picture, getting the pin up over the ledge is a little tricky. Also have considered getting a piece of plywood, cutting it down to 3 feet wide, wrapping it with some pin-safe material and possibly sliding the pin down the stairs?

Pictures attached...

Next house will have flat daylight basement access! Once solved then I need to decide if I'll get a DP premium, ACNC, or JP - that will be my next post.

TIA and LMK if you have any clarification questions!

IMG_4522 (resized).jpegIMG_4522 (resized).jpegIMG_4525 (resized).jpegIMG_4525 (resized).jpegIMG_4523 (resized).jpegIMG_4523 (resized).jpegIMG_4524 (resized).jpegIMG_4524 (resized).jpeg
    #2 4 years ago

I suggest that you enlist 4 fully grown men that weigh at least 200 pounds each and carry it down the stairs.
    They should be healthy with no back issues or other problems along that line.
    Perhaps if you fit that criteria, you only need 3 more.

#3 4 years ago

Get a furniture dolly strap the game have two people one lowering it and one on the bottom holding. Are basement stairs are similar to your but with more steps me and my dad do it all the time has become very easy over time.

#4 4 years ago

Yuck, I thought my house was bad. You poor poor soul.

#5 4 years ago

If you are short on help you can always remove legs, remove head, remove glass and remove the playfield. Carry all parts down separate. Reassemble. The cabinet is a hell of a lot lighter without a playfield. Easy job for two people.

#6 4 years ago

I think the best approach is the more manpower the better. Make sure to take the head off if possible. Looks like you can carry it down the stairs and then tip it up on its back. Pins are really heavy if you don’t know that already.

#7 4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback.

I should have mentioned that I already have taken three video games down these stairs with my son. We realized very quickly we were over matched and bailed. Second time, I removed the monitor and it wasn't too bad but the biggest challenge is getting it over the ledge without scratching anything. I'm not as concerned about old vids but it's a whole new ball game with a new pin.

It sounds like some form of disassembly might be the best approach but can you remove the head from *all* pins? How hard is it to remove the play field?

#8 4 years ago

Removing the playfield makes the Pin lighter, but not smaller. I say leave it on and just get extra help if it’s too heavy.

#9 4 years ago

Just be aware that some of those games are especially heavy.
    You might even want a 5th small person to hold the door open, hold the power cord or give the big guys water or whatever.
    Guys in that weight range will probably need something to eat too before the deed is done.

#10 4 years ago

i am thinking take the head off, pull the playfield out, take it down piece by piece......

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from krustykramer:

but the biggest challenge is getting it over the ledge without scratching anything. I

You could try using 3/4" plywood to make a ramp up the ledge, strapping the game on a hand truck with sleds But it definitely looks like a tight pivot.

#12 4 years ago

You don't need a hand truck you need an engine jack or some pulley set up so you can just drop them straight down to the door.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggestions-help-move-pins-down-brick-stairs?hl=startek2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.