1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hi there, with the help from the members here on Pinside, I've got our Williams Cyclone machine up and running.
It is such a fun game, we are having amazing time competing against each other in the house here . Thank you so much.

Thank you to everybody who made suggestions and to all those Pinside members that helped each other in the past.
The many years of informative helpful posts were fun to read and guided this restoration to a great result.

It was absolutely amazing to see the machine come back to life .

So why am I back so soon ? Well ...

We've really been really getting into playing this machine , and have found its a ton of fun with the stereo on playing music.

The game music going at the same time, is a bit too much.

The game music on its own is great, but on game night with lads, were gonna need something else from the stereo.

I'd really like to add a switch section to disable the FM music, and leave as many FM sound effects as possible.

Pulling the ribbon cable, disables all FM sounds and leaves the Samples, "Hey You" ... and the rest.

That is not ideal though, I'd like the FM synth, Whooshes, builders, whistles and boings

Having our own tunes pumping out of the stereo, without out the same Pinball music competing for attention is not for everyone.
I can see many people would want the original Pinball music going the whole time , as it is authentic.

I'm leaning towards the pinball sound effects, noisy solenoids and Spotify combination.

So how's about it, has anyone any idea which pins on the Widget i/o ribbon cable might trigger the music ?
Ideally I'd install a switch on each pin that sets of a musical phrase.

Maybe there is a more simple way to achieve this, and I've just missed it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggestions-for-turning-off-fm-music-williams-system-11-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.