5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by brett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have a vague recollection that this has come up before, but I couldn't find it.

1) There should be some sort of "lockout" period after the release of a new title before it can enter the Top 100. Each time there's a new release, it shoots right to the top of the list, and eventually settles back down to a more appropriate position. The current example would be Iron Maiden. It's an ok game, but to suggest that it's the #3 game ever created... well, that's just absurd.

2) When a machine is grouped with others (the LE/pro or original/remake) the more highly ranked version becomes the standard for that machine (one would need to open the group to see the individual sub-title averages). I would suggest that these should either be subject to a simple or weighted average, to more accurately reflect the title as a whole. I will again use Iron Maiden as the example. The LE has been rated by 125 people with an average of 8.840. The pro has been rated by 180 people and has an average of 8.563. The game as a whole is currently rated 8.840. If a weighted average were applied, the average would drop to 8.675.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from brett:

The only problem with averages is the pro is a lot of times different in playability and has a different layout from the premium/LE.

If the differences are that substantial then they shouldn't be grouped together.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggestions-for-the-top-100?tu=drsfmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.