5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by brett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Yep - weighted average would be great and agree with the idea of some sort of waiting period for new titles or up the minimum amount of reviews to get published.

The only problem with averages is the pro is a lot of times different in playability and has a different layout from the premium/LE.

I agree that most new pins usually sky rocket to the top. In my opinion there should be at least 100 votes before the pin qualifies for rankings.

There’s always going to be individuals that skew for better or worst for the wrong reasons.

I believe that most Pinsiders rate fairly, once they’ve had an opportunity to play the pin enough times to give their personnel rating.

As for IMDN, IMO it’s definitely a top ten pin.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

If the differences are that substantial then they shouldn't be grouped together.

It used to be. The problem was that it added a lot more pins to the ratings.
    I believe they changed to grouping to Simply by pin.
    All you have to do is touch the pin you’re looking at and it shows the breakdown for pro vs premium LE.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The main reason this list exists is to drive traffic to Pinside.
    Removing the newest, most buzzed about games from the list would run counter to this goal and cost this site many visits.
    The best thing you can do is make your OWN top 100 list on whatever criteria you like, and you will be truly satisfied.

I agree. 99% of the time, I look at only my ratings.

If I’m interested in a new pin, then I like to look and read others opinions.

There’s certain Pinsiders I really respect and value their opinions. Example, Caucasian2step always gives great readings of his opinion.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggestions-for-the-top-100?tu=brett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.