(Topic ID: 248834)

Suggestions for Pinburgh 2020 (unofficial)

By ThisNotes4U

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by joefox22
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

N269AB (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NIQ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

More chairs and tables. I don't get why there aren't chairs in every row; everyone needs to sit. Those couches were amazing the one round I was on the stage.
    Water coolers in each row would be nice.
    Better PA system for announcements. It's always so hard to make out.

The reason for the no chairs is because we utilize around 390 machines and have a TD and tech staff of around 20 people at one time. Most people don’t notice because they are playing and watching other players play but we run around like crazies answering the tech lights. Each round is 2:15 long. Whether a game is malfunctioning or a player needs a ruling, I want to say we answer anywhere from 10-40 tech lights a round. The first 2 rounds are the worst as the games haven’t had heavy play in a year. As well as we swap out an average of 3-4 games per round. The chairs would just get in the way.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have boxes and boxes of pens at the check in desk. They seemed to be scarce.
    Have free bottled water for all the competitors.
    Continue to improve the stream (make sure there’s no chance of glare on the games that are on or off stream)
    That’s really all I can think of. This bad boy is a well oiled machine already.

Every year we start round one with 500+ pens. By round 3 there’s around 100 left.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NIQ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggestions-for-pinburgh-2020-unofficial?tu=NIQ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.