(taken from another thread)
It is clear that the Top100 has become irrelevant within our community. It needs an overhaul. Here are my suggestions. What do you think?
1. Reset the rankings from scratch
2. Everyone create a list ranking all the games you have ever played. Best to worst. Mix modern in with SS and EMs. Create one big list. No complex scoring systems, just a list. Could be a drag-and-drop system created. Still include (optional and encouraged) comments.
3. Games would get points for being ranked highly. Perhaps higher value would be applied for larger lists, which would encourage people to rank a lot of games. (#1 on a list of 300 is more valuable than #1 on a list of 10)
4. There would be a master list created, from which simple check boxes could be used to specify which you want to view: EMs, SS, manufacturers, decades, whatever.
This would solve multiple issues with the ranking system.
- Increased interest, relevance
- Refresh a stale system, get rid of old votes from non-active members
- A LOT more "voting" because it wouldn't take 15 minutes to do a single rating.
- It would help keep track of what games you have played, and which you need to be looking for. This could be fun.
- I would expect there would be a lot more votes for EMs