Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Rondogg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Here are my thoughts on making for making a for sale post better:

- be honest and list all pros and cons (every game has pros and cons, unless it just came out of the box)
    - be honest about condition and whether the game has been shopped recently
    - address typical problem areas e.g. TAF mansion wear, TS Sanctum wear, battery acid damage, and post clear pictures of these areas
    - post a lot of well lit pictures of the playfield with the glass off and the game turned off (all the LEDs wash out the picture and you can't see the playfield clearly)
    - post pictures of playfield shooter lane, return lanes and any other high traffic areas
    - post in focus well lit pictures!
    - post pictures of the underside of the playfield and inside cabinet
    - don't say the game was HUO for the past 3 years, if it was in the arcade before that, only use that term if it truly has been HUO from day 1

#2 7 years ago

Also don't list the rules of the game or the fun features of the game. We already know that.

#3 7 years ago

I like to keep it simple myself.

4$ale--- Pinball machine.

And that should be enough, don't you think?

#4 7 years ago

Exactly o-din, and if you have to ask about the condition you shouldn't be buying pins.

#5 7 years ago

You should also say "no scammers". That always keeps them away.

#6 7 years ago

Telling scammers to be honest, yep that will work

Must post at least 10 photos wouldbe bbetter

#7 7 years ago

You should of course always put "HUO" in the post too.

#8 7 years ago

"This is an electronical mechanical solid state of the art machine" always reels them in.

#9 7 years ago

Oh, and make sure your location is not listed or says "location unknown" as that really peaks buyers interest.

#10 7 years ago

I really like your list.

You should add a similar list for don'ts

HUO for past X years (as Odin mentioned)
    Minty
    Plays perfect except for <then list critical game features>
    "Lots of mods" then show a bunch of crappy toys glued to the playfield

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I like to keep it simple myself.
    4$ale--- Pinball machine.
    And that should be enough, don't you think?

I think every S in the for $ale ad should be a dollar $ign. That way they know you mean bu$ine$$.

#12 7 years ago

I particularly like "Virtually all LED'd" or "Mostly LEDs" ...

Just saying

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I think every S in the for $ale ad should be a dollar $ign. That way they know you mean bu$ine$$.

See also; Price is firm, serious offers only , for the true collector

#14 7 years ago

And don't forget to say "Rare" in the title near "shopped"

#15 7 years ago

No ware anyware is my personal favourite.

#16 7 years ago

My Aunt owned this game, then it stopped working. Said she bought it brand new.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinterest:

Just saying

I usually LED everything but the back box lol. So I fall in that catagory

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

- don't say the game was HUO for the past 3 years, if it was in the arcade before that, only use that term if it truly has been HUO from day 1

How about get rid of this meaningless term. If a game is immaculate, say so and show it with pictures. HUO means bubcus unless the game was properly maintained.

1 month later
    #19 7 years ago

I keep seeing for sale posts with out of focus pictures and poor pictures of the playfield with the glass on with reflection. How hard is it to take in focus, well lit pictures and to take the glass off?

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinterest:

Just saying

All of my machines are "mostly" led. On purpose. I use mostly led for flashers and gi to reduce strobing/seizure effects. Is there a better way to say that?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggestions-for-machine-for-sale-posts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.