Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Sputnik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ClarkWGriswold.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have a handful of arcade cabs at the crib and I want to add one or two pins to the mix over the next year. Here are my parameters....

Budget - 1500.00 or less apiece. Would I pay more than 1500? Maybe, but definitely looking to keep each purchase below 2k. I am not looking for a project. Looking for a complete and working pin in slightly above-average players condition.....maybe a pin with some board bulletproofing already done.

Era - only interested in solid-state, generally 1978-82 era. If it happens to be a model/manufacturer that can be bulletproofed with something like a Rottendog combo board, so much the better.

Features - I want both to be talkers and at least one to have a multi-ball feature. I like speech. I will admit that I have a bit of a soft spot for Gorgar in this regard and I am actively looking for one of those as we speak. I understand that Gorgar gameplay is pretty basic but I like the idea of owning the first pin with speech. I also like the artwork and I can find a pretty nice one in my price range as well.

I think a Gorgar/Firepower combo wouldnt be a bad 1-2 punch for a new guy. Vector has a lot happening on the playfield and looks intriguing as well. I am not a super-nerd just yet, so I don’t necessarily need a ridiculously deep rule set but I would like at least one of the pins to be faster and a bit more in-depth than Gorgar, for example.

I am sure you guys can take this information and make some suggestions that I had not even considered. Thanks for the input in advance.

Carter - Virginia

#20 5 years ago

Man, you guys are on point and quick. I can dig it. To clarify, the years I listed were a best guess based on budget mainly. As I mentioned, I have a real predilection for speech, and I want to find an above-average example with multi-ball for around 1500.00.

I have also fallen victim to listing some titles that I have actually played a little bit or at least have seen either in the wild or for sale with some basic frequency on different mediums. Alien Poker was mentioned in this thread and I am aware that pin gets high marks on most solid-state lists but I have never even seen one in person.

There happens to be someone local selling a Paragon as we speak. There has also been a Vector and an Elektra for sale recently in my general area. A really nice looking Gorgar just sold on here a few days ago and I am kicking myself for not jumping. This price range moves quickly.

#25 5 years ago

Man, there was a Space Shuttle for sale locally too in the last week or two...I have never played it so I didn’t investigate. Might have to see if that is still around....seems to be getting some love on this thread.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ClarkWGriswold.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggestions-for-first-solid-state-pinball-purchase?tu=ClarkWGriswold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.