(Topic ID: 189339)

Suggestions for a sander with dust collection bag?

By ForceFlow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dookski
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dookski.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

Often a shop vac hose will fit directly onto the dust bag attachment. This depends on both tools. I think my old Mikita sander mated with a small Ridgid (Home Depot) shop vac without any adapters. It still won't pick up all the dust the way a Festool does, but it's better than nothing.
    I second the Mikita sanders, I've owned two of the finishing sanders that take regular sandpaper sheets torn into quarters. Good tools for the money.

#7 6 years ago

As another two cents- If you got room and money for pinball machines, you do have room and money for good tools. The Festool set up will likely be smaller than a typical sander/shop vac combo. I'm really happy with mine, but also am a full time woodworker.

1 week later
    #14 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

If I had the right workshop space for it, I'd really like to go that route.
    Looks like I have two options for sandpaper--hook & loop or peel & stick (PSA). Which do you guys prefer?
    [edit]: Nevermind. Looks like the hook & loop is easier to change sandpaper on and seems to last longer. Guess that answers that.

The third option is the 1/4 sheet sanders like MrArt2u suggests. But the circular ones you are looking at might do the job a little faster. I've never used the peel and stick because whenever I've seen them at shops the pad is always torn up. Make sure not to bear down too hard on the hook and loop and make sure there is paper there or you can ruin those pads pretty fast too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dookski.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggestions-for-a-sander-with-dust-collection-bag?tu=dookski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.