Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    61besNOo-XL (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    e996055e6b2c2479b2e3849a0db055e7 (resized).jpg
    7F4543CC-28D0-4B66-9B90-75925FE66561 (resized).jpeg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    PriestDefenders (resized).jpg
    A25DFE18-8E66-4D08-934F-D576911253F1 (resized).jpeg
    PRIEST (resized).JPG
    fbebe289464af24b19d1992cb3e5be59--rob-halford-judas-priest (resized).jpg

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

You keep this kind of talk and your going to be out of your own club.

If they do an abortion on this like they did with Maiden and stick with only British Steel and newer, my place in the club will be fine.

But done right, I may just turn in my badge.

#52 5 years ago

Hell Bent For Leather or Unleashed in the East backbox art.

Use Defenders of the faith Metallion or whatever it was called on the playfield. There go your metal ramps.

Agree Painkiller is a great song, but really nothing after that should be on it. But it doesn't really matter what songs are on it with all this custom pin sound stuff.

I wanna go Hot Rockin. I'll sell whatever games to get it if it ever happens.

PriestDefenders (resized).jpgPriestDefenders (resized).jpg

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

Way to go erasing Dianno's existence. The 1st 2 Maiden lps are the only ones that matter.

I've never even heard of this guy till this pinball business so i had to look it up...I don;t know how his writing was but man his voice is way better for rock music than the Brucey.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

but man his voice is way better for rock music than the Brucey.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#55 5 years ago

Love Priest. Seen them many times. I'b be in for one.

I'd be surprised if the mighty Zeppelin doesn't make the cut for 2019 though Finally.

#56 5 years ago

Topper could be a big 4 blot of acid...

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Love Priest. Seen them many times. I'b be in for one.

Well, you seem to be the man around here that can get things done!

So, I haven't done it in a while but am changing my avatar just for the occasion.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Elevatorman:

Vallhallaaaaaaa!!!...Screaming in Robs voice
    I'd buy a Priest pinball for sure

Killer song off redeemers.

#59 5 years ago

Although not originally their song, this game should definitely have a Better By You Better Than Me video mode.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Although not originally their song, this game should definitely have a Better By You Better Than Me video mode.

Nah. Stern can’t have all their customers killing themselves!

#61 5 years ago

Maybe then Spooky will make it.

Seriously, this was when JP used to start cranking it up. They burn in with Exciter, and then this little gem.

#62 5 years ago

Some great Binks drum solo in this version.

#63 5 years ago

Yes. A thousand million times yes, for a JP pin. Has to include Electric Eye (amongst others).

#64 5 years ago

Jurassic Park is going to have to find a new abbreviation.

#65 5 years ago

Sign me up for one too O-ooooodin!
    Up the irons…errr…studded tassels?!?

7F4543CC-28D0-4B66-9B90-75925FE66561 (resized).jpeg7F4543CC-28D0-4B66-9B90-75925FE66561 (resized).jpeg
    “At the Car WaSHH, woAH WoAhH woahoOHh-Ohhh-oOHHH, talkin’ bout the CaR WaaSHHH GUYYYYY!!!”

#67 5 years ago

Exciter Multi, Painkiller Multi, Steeler Multi, Screaming for Venegance Multi, modes based on Victim of Changes, The Ripper, Rapid Fire, Hell Patrol its endless. Priest, Maiden and Black Sabbath that would be quite the 3 pin line up. Then bring on "SLAYER"

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

Way to go erasing Dianno's existence. The 1st 2 Maiden lps are the only ones that matter.

thats laughable, get a grip dude! as much as i like the 1st 2 albums im not surprised they dont feature on the pin. Hell, dianno got the boot over 35 years ago. the 80's with Dickinson is where maidens golden age was, and hence stern done a fine job with the songs on the pin.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

Thats a crock of shit. I really enjoy IMaiden and love Killers but those first 3 albums with Bruce are simply amazing. To each is own.

#70 5 years ago

Love Judas Priest. Bought their albums along with Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Sabbath, Motorhead etc all through the early 80's. British metal ruled my turntable back then. Halford was bar none the best metal screamer back in those days. A Priest pinball makes perfect sense to me

#71 5 years ago

Back in high school my friends and I used to cruise the main drag with Screaming For Vengeance cranked on the the boom box. Three idiots in the front seat of a 72 Dodge Dart (primer gray)... mullets... Priest cranked... Those were the days. Still love Priest too. I'm probably the only guy on the block who can sing along with Rocka Rolla...

#72 5 years ago

I wouldn’t agree that Halford is a falsetto singer. Generally it’s a high pitched scream. It’s gained more character as the years have gone by as well.

#73 5 years ago

I could be tempted as well.
    Perhaps not "mainstream" enough for Stern, but this could be a licence for Spooky?

#74 5 years ago

This could make for some cool artwork.

e996055e6b2c2479b2e3849a0db055e7 (resized).jpge996055e6b2c2479b2e3849a0db055e7 (resized).jpg

#75 5 years ago

This game without this glorious piece of Metal glory would make me cry for weeks

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from karl:

This game without this glorious piece of Metal glory would make me cry for weeks
    » YouTube video

Added to the list totally forgot about this piece of awesome screams

#77 5 years ago

I like old metal bands, but this would make a horrible pinball title IMO.

If I had to pick a band that they should consider next, I'd say Motley Crue.

#78 5 years ago

I have seen Priest 4 times. I saw the Screaming For Vengeance and British Steel concerts...I love the Green Manalishi(with the 2 pronged crown)!
    If you have not listened to the Angel of Retribution album(newer) give it a try, it is awesome. Specifically, Judas Rising...I think both Crue and Judas would be amazing...the more metal the better!

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wouldn’t agree that Halford is a falsetto singer. Generally it’s a high pitched scream. It’s gained more character as the years have gone by as well.

Yes, by the time Killing Machine/ Hell Bent for Leather came out he had really toned it down. Almost to the point of inventing the modern day growl.

#80 5 years ago

Oh man. Shockaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That is a great song, even if it is a cover. Too bad it's known for what it is.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

That is a great song, even if it is a cover. Too bad it's known for what it is.

Yeah, great song originally from Spooky Tooth. And Priest got sued over it.

I played it over and over and even tried backwards, and all it made me want to do is go to the next concert. Priest showed a lot of class by just showing up at that trial.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#83 5 years ago

Might as well post one from the 1991 Irvine show.

After Metal Church, Motorhead, and Alice Cooper warmed the place up, Priest shut the place down. Fun night!

#84 5 years ago

Breaking the law.

#85 5 years ago

Man that video is embarrassing. That prop guy must have been dyslexic - look at that cardboard Flying V!!

That said, priest fuckin rules!!!!

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Too bad Odin is living in the distant past. Painkiller from 1990 is their best song, possibly the best metal song of all time.
    Their 2005 album and their brand new album Firepower have some killer tracks. Firepower is an excellent album from start to end.
    Basically take their current setlist And you’d have the basis for a sick Pinball soundtrack.
    Firepower
    Running Wild
    Grinder
    Sinner
    The Ripper
    Lightning Strike
    Bloodstone
    Saints in Hell
    Turbo Lover
    The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)
    (Fleetwood Mac cover)
    Evil Never Dies
    Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
    You've Got Another Thing Comin'
    Hell Bent for Leather
    The Hellion
    Electric Eye
    Painkiller
    Encore:
    Metal Gods
    (with Glenn Tipton)
    Breaking the Law
    (with Glenn Tipton)
    Living After Midnight
    (with Glenn Tipton)

Just add Hot Rockin', Heading Out To the Highway, and Wheels of Fire (and The Sentinel as already pointed out) to that. Such a great catalog of songs to choose from.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from neurokinetik:

Just add Hot Rockin', Heading Out To the Highway, and Wheels of Fire (and The Sentinel as already pointed out) to that. Such a great catalog of songs to choose from.

Heighway has one of the best riffs ever.

Grinder is in the set for this week - can't wait.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Heighway has one of the best riffs ever.
    Grinder is in the set for this week - can't wait.

+ Saints in Hell

#89 5 years ago

I would love to hear the Defenders of the Faith album heavily represented in a Judas Priest pin. That's one of those albums where I never skip a track.

#90 5 years ago

I was thinking about this when discusing with some guys at a pinball meeting just this weekend about how most of the legendary bands that have survived for years have been featured on pins now.
    When suggestions came up no one mentioned Priest, although Black Sabbath did get a mention and would be very cool.
    Personally I would love to see a Priest pin and it would be my first and only new pinball purchase as have love this band since 1981.I was thinking their name may be a reason why it may not happen.I hope I'm wrong but it is a name that does offend a few people due to the religious conundrum that it creates.I do think the band has a big enough fan base in the USA and europe however, that it would be definitely a saleable machine.

The band have released Firepower ,what some say is their best album ever and they are kicking it on tour, the time would seem right for a Priest pin if it is ever going to happen. They have so many anthemic songs (living after midnight, im a rocker, electric eye, green manalashi etc) that would create a great vibe for a pin soundtrack.They have some cool characters from their songs over the years which could be used as imagery on the playfield.The Hellion, the metallion, painkiller, the sentinal, flame thrower).They could use some kind of harley toy which is one of the band's long standing gimmicks on stage to introduce the song "Hell Bent for Leather". Suggestions for modes from priest songs: Turbo, Rapid Fire (extra multi balls in this mode), Exciter, Vengeance, heavy duty, reckless etc.

#91 5 years ago

Sorry o-din GG Allin is the next music pin up buddy. I heard its already in the works from an inside source. We should be seeing it in about 1 year exactly. Its going to have Poop multiball, a naked GG bash toy and the whole 9 yards.

#92 5 years ago

Was listening to Priest all day today. So many great tracks off of Defenders of the Faith that I didn't see mentioned:

Jawbreaker (actually Levi did mention it)
    Rock Hard, Ride
    Freewheel Burnin'

Also Ram It Down (the song) is pretty great too.

So many Priest tracks just get me pumped up and motivated, great music to play pinball by.

2 weeks later
    #93 5 years ago

Something tells me a Priest machine will come to fruition someday. With Metallica and Maiden already out there... Besides, the great artwork on all the albums and themes? it will be awesome.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pwaka1986:

Something tells me a Priest machine will come to fruition someday. With Metallica and Maiden already out there... Besides, the great artwork on all the albums and themes? it will be awesome.

The only issue is they don;t really have any imagery besides an eagle, a name, & Halford. The entire time we've talked aboot IMDN, whether you thought there was a chance or not, everyone agrees they have such a great look.
    Doesn;t mean it won't happen I just wonder what it would look like

#95 5 years ago

That's not really true, Priest has a lot of signature artwork, mostly in the form of album covers like British Steel, Stained Odin, Painkiller, Screaming, Defenders, and their new one Firepower. While it wouldn't be same as having 60 Eddies, there is indeed a lot of unique artwork that could be derived from all of that stuff (as opposed to just slapping album covers all over the place like Rolling Stones).

#96 5 years ago

I was definitely surprised how much I liked Firepower.
    Priest still brings it after all these years.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's not really true, Priest has a lot of signature artwork, mostly in the form of album covers like British Steel, Stained Odin, Painkiller, Screaming, Defenders, and their new one Firepower. While it wouldn't be same as having 60 Eddies, there is indeed a lot of unique artwork that could be derived from all of that stuff (as opposed to just slapping album covers all over the place like Rolling Stones).

I'm sure they do but my point is I 8t isn't as well known or iconic as Maiden. I've listened to much more priest but know a lot more Eddies.

#98 5 years ago

Judas Priest Firepower full album, no ads, or annoyances. BUMP for JP!

Brad

1 week later
    #99 5 years ago

Judas Priest in Houston tonight!!!
    Hell yeah we need a Priest pin!!!
    I will give IM the better artwork but love Priest music much more.

I think this would sell very well for another music pin. No rush but develop over next 2-3 years after IM has been out and a fresh new game will crush it. So many GREAT songs when you think about it.

I GUARANTEE more people know more Priest songs than IM songs that are not fans of either band.

You got another thing coming
    Livin’ after Midnight
    Turbo Lover
    Some Heads are Gonna Roll
    Heading out to the Highway

No need to list them all...

MAKE THIS PIN!!!!

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Now you are talking—not a Priest fan but I am a huge fan of Spooky Tooth. That would make a great pin (but would only sell a hundred or so...). Two great vocalists in that band.

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggestions-for-a-judas-priest-pinball-machine/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.