Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    61besNOo-XL (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    e996055e6b2c2479b2e3849a0db055e7 (resized).jpg
    7F4543CC-28D0-4B66-9B90-75925FE66561 (resized).jpeg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    PriestDefenders (resized).jpg
    A25DFE18-8E66-4D08-934F-D576911253F1 (resized).jpeg
    PRIEST (resized).JPG
    fbebe289464af24b19d1992cb3e5be59--rob-halford-judas-priest (resized).jpg

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 5 years ago

Modern pinball has become all about movies and bands you used to love. Well, I used to be a huge Judas Priest fan. I know it's been almost 40 years now, but that makes it ripe and ready for the next band themed pinball machine. They are heavy metal as it gets and are in the rock and roll hall of fame..

Edit- didn't make the hall of fame. Was another award show.

Now that the long awaited Iron Maiden game is a reality, there aren't many logical choices as to what the next one should be.

Unlike Maiden, this game should represent the early albums like Sad Wings Of Destiny, Sin After Sin, and Stained Class. Rocka Rolla was never my favorite, but since it was the first, perhaps at least one song should appear.

#2 5 years ago

Dude....LE with Pinball Refinery treatment..... on a pedastel, sight unseen

My favorite metal bandof all time.

#3 5 years ago

I would have much rather had priest than maiden.

#4 5 years ago

Painkiller multiball.... I'm losing my mind

#5 5 years ago

I'm going to make a request.

In 1979 Priest did a free concert at Cal State Long Beach and the day of the show they appeared on the local radio station KNAC 105.5. (In the Painkiller video, the car proudly displays a KNAC bumper sticker).

They took phone calls and while talking to Halford I told him how awesome the prior show at the Starwood had been. He said "that was a good one" I said "indeed, but the only thing missing was Let Us Prey, could you possibly fit that in in one of this weekend's shows?" as I was going to all three including two at the Santa Monica Civic. He said "we only have time for so many" and it never happened. Oh well, it was epic anyway.

#6 5 years ago

I think Point of Entry is always overlooked in their catalog, which is a shame, cause almost all the tracks are about motorcycles, and it's one of my favorite Priest albums.
    Good luck OD... I believe they would also make an excellent band pin.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Good luck OD... I believe they would also make an excellent band pin.

It's gotta start somewhere, it might as well be here.

#8 5 years ago

I would definitely buy one of these!

#9 5 years ago

I love some of the comments on that Let Us Prey video posted above-

"One of Priest's greatest, yet strangely overlooked, songs. The origin of Speed Metal?"

"this track is the proof of Priest being the inventors of Speed Metal...... of course there were some fast songs before this one, but none of them was this loud, aggressive and metal....."

"Without songs like this one I'm not so sure if bands like Diamond Head or uhmm Metallica would have existed."

"How is this not more famous?"

"This was '77! Fuck you lars you bitches didn't INVENT anything."

"I had a new '77 Buick Regal S/R w/ installed 8-track - this tape got played out a couple of times I burned thru it so much...great production on this LP, best rhythm guitar engineering they had."

"8 track in my brand new '77 Cutlass Supreme with a 20 amp amplifier! Life was good then, eh?"

#10 5 years ago

Too bad Odin is living in the distant past. Painkiller from 1990 is their best song, possibly the best metal song of all time.

Their 2005 album and their brand new album Firepower have some killer tracks. Firepower is an excellent album from start to end.

Basically take their current setlist And you’d have the basis for a sick Pinball soundtrack.

Firepower
    Running Wild
    Grinder
    Sinner
    The Ripper
    Lightning Strike
    Bloodstone
    Saints in Hell
    Turbo Lover
    The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)
    (Fleetwood Mac cover)
    Evil Never Dies
    Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
    You've Got Another Thing Comin'
    Hell Bent for Leather
    The Hellion
    Electric Eye
    Painkiller
    Encore:
    Metal Gods
    (with Glenn Tipton)
    Breaking the Law
    (with Glenn Tipton)
    Living After Midnight
    (with Glenn Tipton)

#11 5 years ago

Sad wings of Destiny grew to be my fav album but it was British Steel that got me on the bandwagon in 82. Smoking cigarettes, drinking Old Style and making out with skanky girls. I wouldnt change a thing.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Too bad Odin is living in the distant past.

Am not. I'm here right here and now. I like your set list and their catalog is too huge to include everything.

I just want all eras covered and not completely eliminate the early stuff like they did with Maiden.
    Early stuff to be included should be-

The Ripper
    Let Us Prey
    Sinner
    Exciter
    Beyond the Realms of Death
    Burnin' Up
    Hell Bent

and from British Steel I would like Rapid Fire.

#13 5 years ago

Yeah the Ripper and Tyrant had some of the best double leads in metal.

#14 5 years ago

Tyrant too. And Genocide.

But then we run into no room for Ram It Down or Screaming for Vengeance.

#15 5 years ago

Somewhere on the playfield there has to be a spike studded bagatelle.

#16 5 years ago

I would be in for a Judas priest Pinball.

#17 5 years ago

I'm in. Unlike the other music pinballs, all of Priest's eras are great. Have it contain a rounded set list, just like their current one that Levi listed.

Seeing them next week in Milwaukee.

#18 5 years ago

I just noticed the post in another thread that Spooky Charlie loves Priest!

So there is a chance!

Could this be the second NIB Spooky game in a row I would buy? Time will tell....

#19 5 years ago

Christ. I’d have to buy one too. And I’m not exactly a spooky fanatic.

You could do a mode just based on their awesome scary monsters from space songs

Starbreaker
    Invader
    Metal gods
    Sentinel
    Hellion

Don’t even get me started on the gay sex song frenzy mode.

Well since you asked...

Eat me Alive
    Raw deal
    Jawbreaker
    Love bites
    Turbo lover

And many, many more!

#20 5 years ago

I would be much more interested in a Judas Priest pin then Iron Maiden. I like a couple Iron Maiden songs but find listening to Judas Priest far more enjoyable. Firepower multiball please! Hell, I would be perfectly fine if Stern reused Iron Maidens layout for it, lol.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Unlike Maiden, ....

I do find it strange that somehow Priest is LESS cockrock than Maiden.

#22 5 years ago

I know it was only used on tour for a short time, but the game should have a toy submachine gun that loads up and fires balls back at the flippers.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I do find it strange that somehow Priest is LESS cockrock than Maiden.

I don't have a problem with Halford's sexual preference at all. Otherwise I wouldn't be watching reruns of Gomer Pyle. Just because they swing to the other side, doesn't make them any less entertaining.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I don't have a problem with Halford's sexual preference at all. Otherwise I wouldn't be watching reruns of Gomer Pyle. Just because they swing to the other side, doesn't make them any less entertaining.

I think you're missing my point completely. Maiden sounds like 3 girls fighting on a pile of guitars in a recording studio. Priest sounds like hard music.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I think you're missing my point completely. Maiden sounds like 3 girls fighting on a pile of guitars in a recording studio. Priest sounds like hard music.

Yeah, I get it.

I just wanted to clear the air on that other point before this thread evolved much further.

#26 5 years ago

Unleashed in the East got me into metal in the first place. One of the best "live" albums ever! I agree with Levi, Painkiller is the best metal song of all time!

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I know it was only used on tour for a short time, but the game should have a toy submachine gun that loads up and fires balls back at the flippers.

I am unfamiliar with this Freudian prop! When was it used?

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I am unfamiliar with this Freudian prop! When was it used?

First I saw it was at that CSLB show in 1979, then the following nights. Supposedly it was used early on the British Steel tour, but was gone by the time they made it back here.

It was a real submachine gun, loaded with blanks that Halford sprayed over the audience during Genocide. I was so close to the stage, I got hit in the head with one of the casings. Not sure any performer could get away with that now.

fbebe289464af24b19d1992cb3e5be59--rob-halford-judas-priest (resized).jpgfbebe289464af24b19d1992cb3e5be59--rob-halford-judas-priest (resized).jpg

#29 5 years ago

VERY cool Idea, but Priest did NOT make the HOF
    First saw them back in 1976

PRIEST (resized).JPGPRIEST (resized).JPG

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I don't have a problem with Halford's sexual preference at all.

No one in metal does.
    When those SJWs accuse us heads of whatever BS they want to accuse us of in order to feel on top of the who is who of the oppressed hierarchy list I can only shake my head.

We made an openly gay man our metal God, you guys need to fuck off.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from grh450:

Priest did NOT make the HOF

Damn, you are right! I thought for sure I had somewhere seen the performance they did on that show. Must have been a different award show.

I stand corrected!

#32 5 years ago

Judas Priest returns 177 word matches on Pinside, vs Iron Maiden's 4000+

Just need to type it a few thousand more times...

#33 5 years ago

I remember Priest touring the mid-west hockey arenas in the 80's. Frickin' awesome shows. I think I suffered some permanent hearing damage. Would do it again tomorrow.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Judas Priest returns 177 word matches on Pinside, vs Iron Maiden's 4000+

Just need to type it a few thousand more times...

And bible returns 2214.

If it wasn't for AC/DC's Back In Black (BIBLE), you'd really be farting through velvet.

#35 5 years ago

I will add that we are sure to see quite a few more posts mentioning Priest once the game is officially rumored.

#36 5 years ago

All in on Priest. Make it happen.

The Sentinel has to be on there.

Painkiller tour was awesome with Megadeth opening. Priest Live is a great album.

The only other I can say I would be all in for is Motörhead.

#37 5 years ago

Could be good if done correctly. It should have a good base of songs in the past. Painkiller is great, but no way their best song. If I had a choice, the songs could range from Sad Wings to Defenders of the Faith eras. Turbo, the crappy copper colored live one, Ram it Down, etc. should not be. And let's not go crazy with a load of gimmicky toys on the playfield. Please have bumpers and more than 1. That new maiden game only has 1. Way to go erasing Dianno's existence. The 1st 2 Maiden lps are the only ones that matter. Still, Priest has always trumped maiden. I think more people are in love w/Eddie than the music.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

Way to go erasing Dianno's existence. The 1st 2 Maiden lps are the only ones that matter.

Total basphemy if you ask me! Epic fail.

Priest rocking half a million people at the 1983 US festival.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

Could be good if done correctly. It should have a good base of songs in the past. Painkiller is great, but no way their best song. If I had a choice, the songs could range from Sad Wings to Defenders of the Faith eras. Turbo, the crappy copper colored live one, Ram it Down, etc. should not be. And let's not go crazy with a load of gimmicky toys on the playfield. Please have bumpers and more than 1. That new maiden game only has 1. Way to go erasing Dianno's existence. The 1st 2 Maiden lps are the only ones that matter. Still, Priest has always trumped maiden. I think more people are in love w/Eddie than the music.

I pretty much agree with all of this, including the omission of the Dianno albums.

Hopefully a JP game would avoid the same mistakes, and include a little of the band’s stoner era in addition to the leather, which is sure to be the main stylistic theme.

Halford doing his best Robert Plant impression:

(This is JP’s “Stairway to Heaven” moment and is a must for the game.)

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from grh450:

VERY cool Idea, but Priest did NOT make the HOF
    First saw them back in 1976

Is that your photo? Holy shite that is awesome!

Forget the machine gun. Have the Bike come out like they always do. That's Priest.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Forget the machine gun. Have the Bike come out like they always do. That's Priest.

The bike first showed up at the same time as the machine gun, so they kind of go hand in hand.

#42 5 years ago

Really enjoyed that victim of change video. This popped up next to it on youtube and I thought it was pretty damn cool too. A whole new generation.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

This popped up next to it on youtube and I thought it was pretty damn cool too. A whole new generation.

I saw that pop up too, but didn't watch it until now. Awesome!!! I'm guessing that girl is not a Bieber fan.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The bike first showed up at the same time as the machine gun, so they kind of go hand in hand.

Didn't know that.

If it's Priest, it's all good. Unfortunately, my last time seeing them will be next week. Hope that Glenn is strong enough to join them for the encore.

#45 5 years ago

Pink Floyd???

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Didn't know that.

Truth is there probably wasn't enough room on the Cal State Long Beach stage for the Harley the first night I got strafed by that machine gun.

But the next night at Santa Monica we got the works, machine gun, Harley, and those leather outfits that were all new to that tour.

#47 5 years ago

Heck what’s the Priest count up to now?

Let’s make this happen. Leather and studs for everyone!!!!

#48 5 years ago

This is interesting as it shows tour dates for 1979. It's got the three at the Starwood in March of which I went to the first one, but not the one at San Diego with UFO a day or so before.

Then it shows one at the Civic in October , but not the CSLB show.

http://www.chmetal.info/tourdates/Judas.Priest_1979.htm

History is pretty hazy when there was no internet to rely on. And unfortunately Priest live recordings from the 70s are few and the quality of most of them leave a lot to be desired.

But I will tell you, the live shows I went to were of the highest quality. Blew most every other hard rock act of the time away.

#49 5 years ago

Vallhallaaaaaaa!!!...Screaming in Robs voice
    I'd buy a Priest pinball for sure

#50 5 years ago

You keep this kind of talk and your going to be out of your own club.

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggestions-for-a-judas-priest-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.