10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Seeing some of the vendors or others back away from posting because of the feisty feedback they get (warranted or not), does it make sense to maybe set up a vendor announcement forum or a vendor read-only type post?

I've seen other forums with something like that where only registered vendors can post and nobody can reply, so it's an announcement. Maybe even a chance for some revenue if Robin wanted to ask for a small donation to be a registered vendor.

I personally would welcome a new subforum called vendor news/announcements. If there is a new software release for a game, I'd love to see it. If CoinTaker has a new discount, let's see it. I would love to have a single post for announcements as opposed to the 100+ reply threads they turn into. The threads are great information sometimes, but personally I'd just rather find the news in one post rather than reading through dozens of threads trying to see if some other tidbit got buried in there.

#2 10 years ago

I disagree unless it's a paid advertisement. Last thing we need is a forum where a certain few vendors can take a jab at another member and no one is allowed to respond.

#3 10 years ago

isn't the market forum like that already?

#4 10 years ago

I think that something similar to the locked Predator thread is a good thing. If the vendor only posted information in regards whatever product they are wanting to announce and left it at that.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I disagree unless it's a paid advertisement. Last thing we need is a forum where a certain few vendors can take a jab at another member and no one is allowed to respond.

I dont think vendors would be posting jabs in a public forum towards other members... it just wouldn't make good business sense

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from NiftyLED:

I dont think vendors would be posting jabs in a public forum towards other members... it just wouldn't make good business sense

Where have you been?

#7 10 years ago

It's a great idea, and I'm probably gonna implement this sooner rather than later. The predator thread created by the_dude is a great example of how effective this can be. I would love to see official info from the top manufacturers, but also the new ones like Skit B and P3. Companies like Nifty LED could announce their Pinside discounts and stuff like that. Yeah it makes sense.

This probably will coincide with the idea to have "pro accounts", commercial Pinside accounts which have some sort of disclaimer under their user name. These accounts are for use by people who are making money with pinball, by selling mods, selling games, selling part etc. Yes it would also be interesting to look at generating some additional revenue for the site and hopefully create some more "work time" for me to implement new features for the Pinside.

Speaking of which, I'm still very busy getting the new server all set up. Why is it taking so long? I'm not simply copying the current Pinside to the new server but also updating some of the technology used to run this site. I hope to benefit from this in the near future as I have tons of new ideas for the site and really need a new software infrastructure that can handle this.

I'm soon gonna be looking for some beta testers for the new site, so should me a PM if you are ready to help me spend some time testing out the new server platform!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggestion-vendor-locked-posts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.